PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

80% chance of Kevin Carter joining the Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the % chance Peppers was coming here

What was the % chance Peppers was coming here

SexPanther1.jpg

Last edited:
8/6

According to the Boston Herald, Kevin Carter is expected to make a decision on Thursday whether he will sign with the Patriots.

Carter is mulling things over with his family, but both sides have found meetings to be positive so far.

Bill Belichick’s diagnosis - BostonHerald.com

Sey & Warren healthy again. Brace looking good in camp. Pats trying to add another DL to an already stacked D-line? Curious.

Sey & Warren healthy again. Brace looking good in camp. Pats trying to add another DL to an already stacked D-line? Curious.

How many no huddle teams are the Pats playing this year? Perhaps, BB is considering arming the DL with added manpower so that he may better rotate them in and out?

Very Curious. I'm starting to wonder if the Pats might try and move one the expiring DL contracts? How many DL do you need?

New England Patriots Unofficial Depth Chart

According to the depth chart, there are 11 DL on this team. Granted, some of those guys probably won't make the team, but still, what gives? :confused:

Very Curious. I'm starting to wonder if the Pats might try and move one the expiring DL contracts? How many DL do you need?

New England Patriots Unofficial Depth Chart

According to the depth chart, there are 11 DL on this team. Granted, some of those guys probably won't make the team, but still, what gives? :confused:

Sey, Warren, Wilfork, Wright, Brace = Locks. Green is pretty much a lock, but entering the final year of his contract makes it mildly more interesting. But that right there is already a very strong top 6 DL. Hard to imagine needing much more.

Unless we are going to employ more packages involving 4 D-lineman.

How many no huddle teams are the Pats playing this year? Perhaps, BB is considering arming the DL with added manpower so that he may better rotate them in and out?

That could be, maybe he thinks Sey, Warren, Wilfork will be more effective down the stretch if they've been used in a rotation.

Sey, Warren, Wilfork, Wright, Brace = Locks. Green is pretty much a lock, but entering the final year of his contract makes it mildly more interesting. But that right there is already a very strong top 6 DL. Hard to imagine needing much more.

Unless we are going to employ more packages involving 4 D-lineman.

It makes sense just as much as Green maybe getting cut. They are both viable. You have 5 solid w/ sey, ty, vince, green, wright. brace a hopeful contributor and LK smith i assume an ok backup. Thats 7 DLs. Even if you go to a 4-3, you have 3 on the bench. Some teams will keep 8 but they are mainly 4-3 teams. Very peculiar.

Personally I think it would be better for the Pats if he just remained on the shadow roster. That way we can keep some of our younger talent, and have the option to call on him down the stretch ( or in case of a major injury)

Quick follow up to the possibility of Kevin Carter becoming a Patriot: apparently it has been confirmed that Carter will retire if he is unable to work out a deal with the Pats.

Kevin Carter: Pats or retirement by Shalise Manza Young of the Providence Journal

Kevin Carter, the 14-year veteran defensive lineman who worked out with the Patriots early last week, has narrowed his future down to two options: playing for New England or retiring.

There does not seem to be a timetable for him to make a decision.

Although another veteran lineman would be a welcome addition for depth, I don't know that I saw anything in the Eagles game that made me feel the Pats have a pressing need to sign Carter either.

This may or may not factor into the FO's persuit of Carter, or of Vonnie Holliday - whom I wanted Booby Grier to draft in '98 instead of Robert Edwards - but did LeKevin Smith return to the game after he seemed to be hit in the legs by his own man during a QB scramble deep in his own end? I think it was Feeley, but I'm not positive.

BUMP: Will Kevin be getting a call as well?

Lombardi says so:

interesting...

Info: Wikipedia Link

I'm not sure I get why this guy is on the radar, though.
Maybe they should go after that guy in Oakland whats his name........oh yeah Seymour.

Carter would be a very nice stopgap, but word is hes leaning retirement so Im not getting my hopes up :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes