PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

8 weeks down, 44 to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patjew

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This is going to be a short one because I am completely exhausted. I just landed in Las Vegas from Shanghai via SFO. Vegas, baby. Unfortunately I'm here for a tradeshow, baby. Long trip in terrible flying conditions.

The last 5 days I've gone from China to India to China to the US, with a ton of work and driving mixed in. That's tiring.

What is there to even discuss on the Pats front?

People are still pissed about the season tickets price hike.

The secondary doesn't seem as weak as it once did.

Looks like LB could finally be the focus of the draft.

I hope Watson is good to go after the surgery.

He's an important part of the O.

I'm very excited that Morris will be ready. I'm already counting on a sick offense.

I guess the guys are in town and working out now. I bet some are still depressed.

Why isn't Wel Welker ever compared to a black WR?

Still feeling positive, still hopeful for a splash in FA especially with a LB.

Hopefully this week something interesting will happen on the Pats front and I won't be so tired that I lose all wit and fall asleep in the middle of a zzzzzzzzzzz...........

Last edited:
This is going to be a short one because I am completely exhausted. I just landed in Las Vegas from Shanghai via SFO. Vegas, baby. Unfortunately I'm here for a tradeshow, baby. Long trip in terrible flying conditions.

The last 5 days I've gone from China to India to China to the US, with a ton of work and driving mixed in. That's tiring.

What is there to even discuss on the Pats front?

People are still pissed about the season tickets price hike.

The secondary doesn't seem as weak as it once did.

Looks like LB could finally be the focus of the draft.

I hope Watson is good to go after the surgery.

He's an important part of the O.

I'm very excited that Morris will be ready. I'm already counting on a sick offense.

I guess the guys are in town and working out now. I bet some are still depressed.

Why isn't Wel Welker ever compared to a black WR?

Hopefully this week something interesting will happen on the Pats front and I won't be so tired that I lose all wit and fall asleep in the middle of a zzzzzzzzzzz...........

Wes' whiteness is definitely overrated, except by Fitzie. Thanks for the buzz, now get some sleep. You make me feel less entitled to whine and I'm sick and tired tonight.

I'm curious, PJ...how does our secondary seem stronger?

And if you get the chance, I had a friend who was stationed in LV for a month...he said the Blue Man Group show was just awesome.

offense will be sick but defense wins championships come playoff time

nm....................

Last edited:
I'm curious, PJ...how does our secondary seem stronger?

And if you get the chance, I had a friend who was stationed in LV for a month...he said the Blue Man Group show was just awesome.

I just meant, it seems a bit stronger than right after Asante left now that they've signed Fernando and the other filler guys. I'm also predicting that Merriweather takes a leap forward this year. I guess I should clarify that I don't consider the secondary as weak as I once did. Now it's only the second weakest part of the team!

There's a topless revue at my hotel (the Luxor, the one shaped like a pyramid) called "Fantasy". It is supposed to be good for couples and very sexy, of course. They also have Carot Top here regularly. Now that is class.

offense will be sick but defense wins championships come playoff time

Probably the most overused statement in Pro Football - yet it is 100% TRUE.......

NE "D" -- must return to what it was a couple of years ago and get to the QB, not just miss getting there. Make the pick, not just miss it, recover the fumble, not have it squirt lose, make the tackle behind the LOS,not right beyond first down - make the plays d%#*!@t and all will be fine once again.

Probably the most overused statement in Pro Football - yet it is 100% TRUE.......

NE "D" -- must return to what it was a couple of years ago and get to the QB, not just miss getting there. Make the pick, not just miss it, recover the fumble, not have it squirt lose, make the tackle behind the LOS,not right beyond first down - make the plays d%#*!@t and all will be fine once again.

IMO, the D won the SD playoff game. They just made the plays when they had to. Improve on that, get more consistent, and we'll be aiiight.

Enjoy your stay in Vegas. A buddy of mine from the FD is staioned at the Air Force base just outside Vegas and a guy from the motorcycle forum I'm on lives there too.
Another guy from the motorcycle forum plays full time in a band out there. His name is Matt (aka Yellowman). The band is Radio Rage. Just checked their site though and they're not playing in the area.

Enjoy your stay in Vegas. A buddy of mine from the FD is staioned at the Air Force base just outside Vegas and a guy from the motorcycle forum I'm on lives there too.
Another guy from the motorcycle forum plays full time in a band out there. His name is Matt (aka Yellowman). The band is Radio Rage. Just checked their site though and they're not playing in the area.

Thanks. There is a buzz here that is very unique. Like Disney World on crack. I'm not a big gambler, but I like it.

IMO, the D won the SD playoff game. They just made the plays when they had to.

I agree, but IMO we wouldn't have won that game against a healthy Rivers, Gates and LDT.

I agree, but IMO we wouldn't have won that game against a healthy Rivers, Gates and LDT.

Well, if they were all healthy and Brady was too, it probably would have been a much higher scoring affair.

There's a topless revue at my hotel (the Luxor, the one shaped like a pyramid) called "Fantasy". It is supposed to be good for couples and very sexy, of course. They also have Carot Top here regularly. Now that is class.

If you're trying to show how much you're sacrificing to post for us, point taken. :D

(On a personal note: still no optimism. :( Acceptance, yes -- but no sense of energy and enthusiasm for the new season yet. Want this stupid, stupid "Spygate 2" stuff to go away NOW.)

Well, if they were all healthy and Brady was too, it probably would have been a much higher scoring affair.

Very true.....and than he would have been fine for the SB too.:(

I enjoy your weekly updates, they make the season seem closer and the personal updates add some perspective into the mix. Both of which are particularly important for this offseason.

I enjoy your weekly updates, they make the season seem closer and the personal updates add some perspective into the mix. Both of which are particularly important for this offseason.

Thanks, appreciate it. I enjoy writing these, especially when something is going on.

what do you do that makes you travel like that pat jew? ni shuo zhongwen?

Well, the game would have looked a lot different that's for sure, but we beat them earlier in the season.

And don't forget - They beat the Colts with the same team they carried into Foxboro and Brady rolled his ankle in the 3rd Qtr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes