8 Million a Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel

Patriots Salary Cap Guru
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
according to Fox Sports New England. Seymour will become the highest DL in football.

I swear that someone on this board predicted this;)

Miguel said:
according to Fox Sports New England. Seymour will become the highest DL in football.

you the man

:yeahthat:

This is the place to learn cap stuff... this board and Miguel's cap page have turned me into a total offseason geek.

Not to mention an emoticon addict.

Miguel said:

Miguel, let us know when you have updated your site. Also, when you know what the breakdown year by year is, and the signing bonus, etc., let us know. I am interested to know what his total cap hit will be for 2006.

Bob G

Awesome, Now, for your next assignment, give us the perimeters of Branch's next contract and the implications. This tape will self-destruct in two minutes.

So is the prevailing thought Richard will resign for this?

I sure hope so.

Therein will lie the anchor of the defense.

Miguel said:

Go ahead Miguel, pat yourself on the back. You deserve your props today. :D

Once and for all the statement that the Patriots never pay the highest salary at any position can be laid to rest............

Point brought out by NEST - our entire D line is now signed through 2009 and 1/2 of them through 2010........WOW

Last edited:
M..you hit the nail ON the head!! Great work!! Not only is the DLine signed, but as was mentioned, the new team leader as well. GLAD it happened..SB between 12 and 30 mil...Oh..a lot but worth it!! A great day in April!!

"Yo man, Miguel, check it out......your prediction was a little pitchy in the beginning for me, but you know what? YOU ARE HOT TONIGHT!! YEAAH!!"

Attachments

• WhatUp Dawg.jpg
    WhatUp Dawg.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 699
Miguel said:
As he should be!

Miguel said:

What do you see in your crystal ball for Branch????

Miguel said:

Major props to you Miguel. Someone ought to offer you a job about this stuff.

Miguel said:

It was I who referred to you as Nostradamus a few weeks ago. I was just ****ting you then.

Now, I really think you are.:rocker:

I'd be interested in knowing how much is guaranteed - but my feeling is, in the "new" NFL with a high cap expected to go even higher in the future, $8 million a season for Seymour is fair market value.

I have no problem devoting that amount for Sey.

In fact it might even be a "good deal" for the Pats, as I feel that he makes all the players around him better - making average guys above average, and above average guys outstanding - just by being on the field and commanding the attention that he does, freeing up others to make big plays and limiting what offenses try to do.

So they money you expend for Sey, you wind up more than saving by having quality "middle class" players assume other roles in the Defense.

Miguel was one of many who thought the Pats would re-sign Seymour. Miguel and I had been saying they would since before the end of the season.

So between Brady and Seymour we are taking up what, 15% of the 110 cap next year, which will drop steady. If the pats take a bullet this season on roster bonus, can drop that further. So the deal is not that bad overall. Still plenty of room of a continued strong middle class and a nasty DL for years.

Not to completely hijack the thread, but Miguel, you rock.

Keep up the good work.

You sure your name's not Scott Pioli ?

14thDragon said:
So between Brady and Seymour we are taking up what, 15% of the 110 cap next year, which will drop steady. If the pats take a bullet this season on roster bonus, can drop that further. So the deal is not that bad overall. Still plenty of room of a continued strong middle class and a nasty DL for years.

Big fan here of the "take the hit this year" school of thought... if we can shave a couple mill/year from salaries by taking a huge hit this year (8 mill total from this year's cap,) we'd still have 8 left for free agents and rookies... tempting as it is to think "cool now let's get Donnie Edwards," it's also tempting to think "sign the core, get who we can (possibly D. Edwards, not necessarily out of the question,) and make this year's run."

In which case, we get to see what Bam's really made of!

PFnV

NEM did !!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back