PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

8 Crazy Facts About Sunday's Massive Broncos-Patriots Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. It makes the point that purists like you and Madden STILL did not get it, even at the end of the SB. Can't deal with the fact that the unconventional guy is a winner.

Tomorrow, two will enter. Only one will emerge.

Hey, don't lump me in with Madden. I didn't want them to take a knee that nite.

And I don't consider myself a purist.

But where your comparisons fall short is that the knocks on Brady was never about "convention". In fact, I can't think of two QBs more different than Brady & Tebow. Are they united by intangibles? Sure. But so are tons of athletes.

Last edited:
I don't know why you even bother. DI doesn't even believe what he writes. He does it to be contrary and stir the pot.

I won't buy into this.

I know DI believes what he writes rather fervently. He may be wrong in this case, or so I think at least - but of all the posters on the board, I know DI never takes an opinion for the sake of taking an opinion. The fact that he doesn't neatly fall into a category such as homer or negative nancy might make it frustrating for other posters, but it also makes him one of the first posters I read on a given thread b/c I can trust he's not BSing anyone.

Too many posters on this forum take opinions to fall into a certain category. DI is not one.

That said, I think he's very wrong on Tebow. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
I won't buy into this.

You won't buy into it, meaning no matter what you refuse to change your opinion, or, you don't buy into it, meaning that's not the impression you get from your observation?

I know DI believes what he writes rather fervently. He may be wrong in this case, or so I think at least - but of all the posters on the board, I know DI never takes an opinion for the sake of taking an opinion. The fact that he doesn't neatly fall into a category such as homer or negative nancy might make it frustrating for other posters, but it also makes him one of the first posters I read on a given thread b/c I can trust he's not BSing anyone.

Too many posters on this forum take opinions to fall into a certain category. DI is not one.

That said, I think he's very wrong on Tebow. Only time will tell.

How do you know he believes what he writes? I don't know what I wrote is actually the truth, but that's the impression I used to get from his posts, even the ones I agreed with. Who knows, maybe in the time I've had him on ignore he's changed his way, but from the posts that I see quoted I don't believe he has.

and now back to your regularly scheduled religion/football argument/discussion.

Tebow is very good at what he does, but that does not include throwing the ball. Maybe someday he will get better at it maybe not. Lets just hope he throws it to the Pats a few times on Sunday.

Last edited:
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men....But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. Matthew 6:5-6

finally...the answer I was too stupid to formulate on my own...let me add, I've been around a few decades and I've seen some real weirdo crap go down in this country...and one thing I've learned, if he points to the sky, if he preaches he is with the Lord, if he asks for your money, if he thunders hail and brimstone at other preachers only to be caught in flagrante delicto with a "hooker" whose only claim to fame is she pays YOU for sex and then has his whole family on TV with him bawling his and their eyes out sobbing "I have SEEEEEEEEEENED!!!!", if you see any of this pure unadulterated holy garbage, run!....run fast...and check your wallet....to put in pictographic terms...

swaggart1.jpg
jim_bakker.jpg
Jeffs_ws1.jpg
warren-jeffs.jpg
David-Koresh.JPG

those who learn nothing from history are fated to relive it....

So Tim Tebow is just another Jim Bakker, Jimmy Swaggart, David Koresh?

:bricks:

Last edited:
The hype surrounding Tim Tebow annoys me. But I am adamant - the overwhelming and annoying support of Tebow existed BEFORE his detractors did. Detractors, like myself, are a reaction to the overhyped mania that is Tim Tebow.

Be a man. Don't allow your decisions to be made by (your reaction to) the media. Ignore the media, make your own decisions and be willing to defend them as your thoughts regardless of what others are thinking or saying.

Religion is divisive. Tebow insists on waving it in our faces every week. For that, and taking focus away from the game, he is a selfish d-bag.

Doesn't matter that it is Christianity. If it were anything, even atheism, he was flapping around in our faces like a damned exhibitionist, I'd also be sick of it and hoping for an epic fail. Those trying to play up the poor persecuted Christian angle? Get over yourself and wake up. If he were Muslim you might have an argument. He isn't. Get over it. He's an annoying d-bag pointing at the sky when the camera turns to him. I hope he chokes the full 60 minutes rather than the usual 55.

What I hear is 1 sentence each week on an interview after the game.

What I see is Tebow giving God glory whether the cameras are on him or not.

I realize that many non-Christians think it's foolish, tiresome and bothersome to obey God in giving Him the glory for all that happens (both good and bad). The Bible teaches that truly being a disciple of Jesus will create dissension turning brothers against brothers and children against parents. A large part of that is that (as Jesus said) you are either for God (a disciple of ************) or against God and that those who are against God don't/can't understand those who are disciples.

Hence a lot of dislike for not only Tebow but many Christians in all walks of life that dare to obey their God despite society's desire that God be excluded from daily life.

It is what it is.

Hence a lot of dislike for not only Tebow but many Christians in all walks of life that dare to obey their God despite society's desire that God be excluded from daily life.

Again, another post with the persecuted Christian complex. It isn't his Christianity, but his flagrant exhibitionism, which would earn him derision no matter his religion. I know Christians like to have a persecution complex, but in this case it is not justified. We aren't the Romans. Quit whining.

There is a reason the NFL won't let him wear verses on his face. It is divisive and distracts people from the sport. This is bad for the NFL. It means he is either a dbag that he keeps being such an exhibitionist, or is in a religious cult that has turned him into a dbag. The latter may well be the case, as by most accounts he is not intrinsically a dbag.

Last edited:
Christianity has been in the NFL long before Tim Tebow. I remember as a kid the cameras would always show both teams praying together midfield after the game. The most ridiculous though was Deion's "prayer dance" when Michael Irvin was knocked out in Philly.

I would like to see him point to the sky when the Pats demolish the Donkeys tomorrow. I don't doubt Tebow's a true believer, but I'd like to ask him, and all the players in the NFL why they only point to the sky when something good happens to them. I'm assuming they are thanking God but I must be wrong because if everything that happens is God's will, then wouldn't you point to the sky on every play? It seems childish to only thank god when something good happens. And do they point to the sky in their daily lives when they find a parking spot in a crowded city for example or is it only something they do when the cameras are on them, and if so why?

So when we win if BB points towards the ground, the nether regions, we'll know for certain that he sold his soul to win those rings. The only remaining question will be just how many rings he sold it for.

This thread has been polluted by folks getting their panties in a bunch about the religious issue.

Two stats jumped out at me - one about this game and one about the Patriots season

#1 - Tebow runs as much as Benjarvis Green-Ellis. 'nuff said - that in and of itself presents a major defensive challenge.

#2. Tom Brady doesn't have a touchdown on a passing attempt of over 30 yards this season.

I guess that last one isn't a surprise, but it does illustrate why teams may feel safe in collapsing the defense on Brady - which isn't good going into the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots