Some positive news..

Cooper and Mason returned to practice..

Interesting:
Mingo working out at OLB, not DE.

Good news:
Sheard did positional drills

Missing from practice:
The usual suspects plus Slater and KGH

Well Cooper has a short amount of time to make his case to be on the team. I would love it if he takes the starting spot and cashes in on his talent but i am not sold on the fact he will. Hope Mason can show up well too.

I think Mingo is too small to be a De in our defense. I suspected we would try him at OLB.

Well Cooper has a short amount of time to make his case to be on the team. I would love it if he takes the starting spot and cashes in on his talent but i am not sold on the fact he will. Hope Mason can show up well too.

I think Mingo is too small to be a De in our defense. I suspected we would try him at OLB.

Not as anti-Kline as some on here, but it would be nice for Cooper or Mason to run with that job. Both are tremendous athletes and have high upside.

I'll be honest.. Kline isn't going anywhere unless someone steps up to be the back-up center because that is where Kline will be used..

Not as anti-Kline as some on here, but it would be nice for Cooper or Mason to run with that job. Both are tremendous athletes and have high upside.

I am not anti Kline but he is best backing up the 3 interior spots and ideally not a starter. Still important and solid enough but Kline does not have the talent to make game winning plays. He can however avoid game losing plays pretty well.

Great news on Mason and Cooper.

Cannon has not looked bad the past two preseason games. If they can solidify the right guard role and provide some stability it could be OK.

8/29/2016 Practice thread

Mingo took early positional drills with the linebackers in a 3-4 OLB capacity. Defensive ends worked elsewhere.

Brady just got back to the locker room from practice, which ended about 50 minutes ago. Others have already gone home.

This is good news. DE is a stacked position, but after 54/91, LB is barren.

Glad to see they are being smart and using Mingo at LB. He's terrible at DE and he's really a Collins type prospect; he's very explosive in space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back