Welcome to PatsFans.com

8-0 against the spread..what could of been.

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SeauOUCH, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeauOUCH

SeauOUCH On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I used to be a huge gambling junky, the last few years I've been gamnling less & less for whatever reasons. One of my past plays in the NFL was to ride the hot team & I would almost always bet on the Pats. ( except against Denver )

I picked a HORRIBLE year to stop gambling ( although I did put 500.00 on the Pats at 10-1 to win the SB when they signed AT this offseason )

If you made a simple $100 bet on the Pats against the spread in week 1 & simply let your winnings ride, you would have an incredible $25,500.00 in winnings after the skins thrashing! :eek:

This is mindboggling & also slightly depressing to me.

Can you imagine what the spreads are going to look like if we manage to beat the Colts this week by 21+ points?

I think the biggest NFL spread I've ever seen in my lifetime was 22 points ( undefeated Bills in the Jim Kelley era against a winless Colts team ) I think we might actually see a 30 point spread this year!

2. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +60 / 1 / -4

Well at least you're not one of the schmuck Skinnies fans that bet that the Patriots couldn't cover. And reportedly, on Extremeskins.com, I read that some have not learned their lesson and have even bet on the Colts to beat the Pats now. LOL. It's like flushing money down the drain. Betting with your heart is bad enough, betting based on anger directed towards the Pats for beating your team is even more stupid, and just loses you more cash.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  3. Patriots4Life83

Patriots4Life83 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Youre math is right, but so is youre decision to not bet. Everyone could win millions in hindsight.

I win 10 dollars a week by not buying lottery tickets.

4. xmarkd400x

xmarkd400x 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I think we've been over this. Knowing the outcome of a gambling event would give you to opportunity to make money. No surprise there.

5. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,047 / 20 / -13

Disable Jersey

What is mindboggling and depressing to me is innumerate folks who think as you do.
    The 'let it ride' gambling mentality is what keeps Vegas in business.
    Here's a clue, ALL streaks end.
    And another clue, do not gamble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.