PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

75 players on the Roster and counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Morse

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This is an interesting strategy that BB has employed ... he is signing a bunch of low cost veteran players to create as much competition as he can in camp. As of the McClain signing that makes 75 players. The Pats will have 9 picks come the draft. I don't believe they count against the total of 90 until they are signed. That would leave 15 spots of veteran Free Agents and Un Drafted Free Agents. They will also bring in some players on a tryout basis as well. Malcolm Butler was one of those tryout players last year!

Some of these free agent signings will not affect the 4 compensatory picks he will get in 2016 because they were released by their former teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot has been done in these first nine days of free agency. Miguel will tell us where we are with regard to the cap. He has pointed out ways to free up room if we need any.

I still expect to see a nose tackle, guard and running back. Of course there will also be more camp fodder.

It seems decisions are still to be made on Connolly and Ridley.

We all hope for a trade for a corner.

We also hope to see a healthy Mayo.

I just hope we all make it to the summer and camp...as it is right now, it's all real real bad and our team has no hope. Who knows, by July there may be only one or two Pats fans left here. I'm gonna stick around though, just in case...

Keep them all. 19-0!

The Patriots will have about $80,000 bonus money at their disposal for UDFAs with very few spots
open. I wonder if they will invest in some of the higher rated UDFAs. Last year, they did not
spend all of their allotment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back