PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

'72 dolphins not ready to share the spotlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

sum1

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I have never liked the '72 dolphins for the way they celebrate every year when the last undefeated team goes down. Even more now after reading this article:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7565992?MSNHPHMA

I am nowhere near cheering for the Pats on a regular basis, but as a football fan, I can appreciate and respect the run they're having this season, and I'm thankful that I'm seeing it as it happens and not reading about it 30 years from now. Congrats fellas.

I have never liked the '72 dolphins for the way they celebrate every year when the last undefeated team goes down. Even more now after reading this article:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7565992?MSNHPHMA

I am nowhere near cheering for the Pats on a regular basis, but as a football fan, I can appreciate and respect the run they're having this season, and I'm thankful that I'm seeing it as it happens and not reading about it 30 years from now. Congrats fellas.

most of them sound like theyre candidates for the veteran welfare program or something. what a bunch of losers.

Screw the 72 Dolphins.

IF (bif if) the 2007 Patriots do go 19-0, they should not be sharing any spotlight with the 72' Dolphins.

- They would be the first and only 19-0 team in the history of NFL. That's a fact.
- They should be considered as the 1st perfect team of the 16-game era.
- The 72' Dolphins are and always will be the 1st and ONLY perfect team of the 14-game era (which is over).

Two different eras.

Leave it up to historians and fans to do comparison. It's all academic. But the fact is, each to their own.

The Pats should not share any spotlight with the Dolphins.
The Dolphins can keep their to their graves.

Let's not jinx the Pats with these perfect talks.

They are the only undefeated team in the history of the "big 4" American sports. Why on earth should people expect them to be happy about giving up such a singular accomplishment?

No one expects them to be happy about it. It's normal to have the feelings they are, but the way they are expressing those feelings is mixed. Some, like Greise, get it and a being gentlemen. Others, like their head coach Shula, are talking crap to the media. The irony is, every ex player knows that what the Patriots did during spy gate isn't anything all the other teams aren't doing. (sorry, I can't resist double negatives when they can be used properly)

I know it hurts, but at least have manners and show the propper respect.

No one expects them to be happy about it. It's normal to have the feelings they are, but the way they are expressing those feelings is mixed. Some, like Greise, get it and a being gentlemen. Others, like their head coach Shula, are talking crap to the media. The irony is, every ex player knows that what the Patriots did during spy gate isn't anything all the other teams aren't doing. (sorry, I can't resist double negatives when they can be used properly)

If they want the proper respect, they will have to extend the proper respect.

They don't have to get on the 2007 Patriots' jock to show "proper respect". Like it or not, this Patriots season will always have a cloud over it because Kraft and Belichick didn't take a stand about what happened. I have defended them over the 'spygate' because it was nothing, but that's more than they ever did, and the result of their decision to take it in the shorts without complaining is that this team will always have an 'asterisk' of sorts, just like the Broncos title teams do among those who remember their salary cap shenanigans.

The Patriots allowed the situation to be blown out of proportion and defined by others. Sadly, the organization, the players and the fans will now have to reap the bitter harvest this poor decision has sown.

Spotlight?

What spotlight?

Did anybody even talk about the '72 dolphins last year?

Before this year when was the last time Don Shula was interviewed during half time of a Monday night football game?

If it wasn't for the Pats this year nobody under 40 would even know who Mercury Morris was.

Best thing that has happened to the '72 Dolphins in 20 years is the '07 Pats. If it wasn't for Brady and company there wouldn't be no freaken spotlight.

Yeah. I feel kind of bad for the classy guys who have actually expressed SOME amount of respect like Griese and Mandich (the ex-TE who is the Phins' radio color guy and who actually has given the Pats some of their due). Remember that Tom Brady was Brian Griese's backup at Michigan when they won a share of the NC in 1997 and is still pretty good friends with him.

The media is partly at fault for inciting some of them. I remember Mercury Morris' absolutely pathetic interview at ESPN (with Bob Griese) in which the interviewer edged him on to make an even bigger fool of himself. Morris being the idiot he is happily obliged while Griese just squirmed next to him but didnt dare hold him back or contradict him either.

Some of them think they're actually being cute or funny but they just come across as pathetic.

Jury is still out on if the '72 fish have to share the spotlight, but the '76 Bucks are not ready to share the the din of the back alley way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back