PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

7 Solid Players, a 2011 #2 and 5 for the PS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering most people felt a little disappointed after Rd 1, I am over the moon with the outcome of this draft. The extra picks we were able to pick up makes next years draft exciting already. The only down side of the entire 2010 draft was the Raiders making some excellent pick ups in Rds 1-3 and trading for Campbell at QB. I'm expecting the pick we got from them to be in the 10-15 range now, rather then potentially a top 5 pick before they made such shrew pick ups.

heh, it's the faiders, you know they will mess it up. They've been the nfl graveyard lately. the shrewdest move they could make right now would be to dump everyone and start fresh. Barring that, the black hole will be just that for winning football.

Pat, you and Mgt seem to be in love with this guy. I'll ask you how a 7th rd (#247 no less)Compensatory pick make the 53?? He will have to beat out guys like Warren, Lewis, Richard and others with better pedigrees, experience and talent. He was what....3 picks from Mr. Irrelavent for Pete's sake! The guy would be lucky to make Detroit's roster. I hope I'm wrong.

the reason he dropped so far was the fact he was shot, not that he was not a good football player. Barring being shot he would've prolly been no less than a 3rd or so. He has tons of ability.

I suppose there is only so much rookie talent you can being into the team. This seems probably the right amount. Any more and you risk the locker room having something of an identity crisis.

Like I've said. they all seem good quality hard working blokes.

Lets hope it all works out.

i put forth the crisis happened already. I don't know what else to call what happened at the end of last year.

I'll ask you how a 7th rd (#247 no less)Compensatory pick make the 53?? He will have to beat out guys like Warren, Lewis, Richard and others with better pedigrees, experience and talent. He was what....3 picks from Mr. Irrelavent for Pete's sake! The guy would be lucky to make Detroit's roster. I hope I'm wrong.

Jarvis Green was drafted by NE in the 4th round, primarily because of the recommendation by Nick Saban. Deaderick, although not nearly as productive as Green, may also have Saban's support. It's understated to say, there's no college coach who has a better grasp on the kind of player BB covets for his defense other than Saban. Both coaches employ a similar style defense and have a preference for specific qualities in their players. Obviously Deaderick has some skills/qualities to warrant a draft selection -- even a lowly seventh. All things being equal, a Saban-coached player will usually have the edge over other 7th-rounders. We'll see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes