PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

7 pm??? Son of a gun!!! How long do I have

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I lived on the west coast I hated MNF starting at 6:00 PM. It was still light out. Many times I hadn't even had dinner yet. The only thing worse was Sunday games that started at 10 AM. Blech, I'm so glad to be back in NE. And I've never seen a game start at 10 PM.

10AM doesn't bother me. After midnight bothers me. The 10PM games are the college games that they usually have on Thursday nights.

I feel your pain, dude. I have a big exam on Tuesday morning (class starts at 8:00 AM). That means that I'm going to have to devote part of my Saturday night to studying, most of Sunday (will watch the Fins game though just to see how they do, maybe the Giants game as well if it's good), and all of Monday up until kickoff and then again after kickoff. I will get to catch the game, but it sucks because I'm having to effectively manage my time which is something I don't like... especially when schoolwork interferes with a Saturday night.

In my life, seeing the Patriots play, either in person (if a home game) or on HD (if away) is automatic.

That includes work, family functions, friends, weddings, divorces and even death (nobody dies in my family on Sundays during football season).

We certainly do have our priorities straight -- So, there is never a problem watching for us.

Even worse, I don't have cable!!!!

I make do in other ways: over the air HDTV, Slingbox, Netflix, sports bars.

I have no use for cable, and when things are on ESPN, I watch SlingboxHD or go to a Sports Bar.

In four years of doing this, I have never had a problem.

I guess there's a first time for everything.

I know its hard to tell over the net, but man it sounds like you're coming down with the flu that might hit you hard come monday evening.

to wait to watch the Patriots in a real game this year?

I get out of work at 9.

Am I the only one that didn't know this was Monday EVENING Football???!!

Who's idea was this?

I guess I'll just have to wait until September 20th to see my first Patriots game.
I'm actually happy because I'm an hour ahead of you guys, so MNF usually starts at like 10pm here, having it start at 8 means when I have to get up at 6am I'll have gotten some sleep as opposed to a cat nap for work on Tuesday.

But yeah if you worked late it would blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes