Welcome to PatsFans.com

7 Federal Reserve Board of Governor Members

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Oct 7, 2011.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,380 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Who are the 7 board of governors of the Federal Reserve and who appointed them, they serve for 14 years and the chairman serves for 4?

1 - Bernanke - Bush and then Obama.

2 - Elizabeth A. Duke - Bush 8/5/2008

3 - Daniel K. Tarullo - Obama 1/28/2009

4 - Janet L. Yellen - Obama 10/4/2010

5 - Sarah Bloom Raskin - Obama 10/4/2010
    http://projects.washingtonpost.com/2009/federal-appointments/agency/federal-reserve-system/

We are in the midst of a severe economic downturn and we have 5 members ... supposed to be 7. If Obama appoints 2 more he will have appointed most of the board. For the most part he owns the board.

Why did I post this thread - I don't know.

What is this threads intention - I don't know exactly see below.

So why did I post it - Well why are there only 5/7 and also how can Obama keep blaming the past when he not only owns the board but he will own it for at least the next 10 years or so.

If interested ... comment .... why are there only 5 members? :confused3:
    FRB: Board Members

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  2. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,380 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

In 2008 the board was short 2 members ...this is interesting stuff - conspiracy - my favorite.

The case of the missing Federal Reserve Board members | willem buiter's maverecon | This blog has been archived

3. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,380 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

The 2 member short Federal Reserve board of governors is short on ideas to help the economy ... so why are they short 2 brains?

Bottom Line - Fed won't be deterred by Congress' kibitzing

4. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

>>>>The main guilty parties are the US Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs and its Democratic Chairman, Christopher Dodd. >>>>

But Dodd left the Senate at the end of 2010, nine plus months ago so what's the holdup now?????

5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,380 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

It is amazing that this story has gone unreported by the mainstream media.

I sent emails to Drudge, Fox, CNN and MSNBC asking how is this story not being reported?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

Every thing in congress is being held up, due to the overall contentiousness.

Federal Judges are being stonewalled, federal prosecutors nominations are being delayed by more and more tactics.. Federal Immigration Judges are currently something like 33% vacant.. imagine if they were all filled???.

Whether or not there are active judges sitting, there are still staff that is being paid.. not sure for what. But there are sheriffs, marshall, stenographers, bailiffs etc all on the payroll. Sure they find busy work, but the whole process of confirmation is broken.

7. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,380 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

amazing ... we are at a point where we get a real President for 2/4 years. The 3rd year they stonewall him and the last year he is either campaigning or getting ready for the rocking chair.

So as i have said way to many times - why is Obama taking the heat for our problems? Our problems are in the House and Senate and it's shameful. Not to say Obama is great but i also do not believe he is bad and he's at least a bit better than the GOP options for 2012.

8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +309 / 9 / -12

When Obama had solid majorities in both houses and ran his policies through he made a bad situation worse.

9. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,380 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

IMO he got pushed aside by Reid and Pelosi - he was too inexperienced for the job at the time and that much is clear. He's strong enough now I think for that to not happen again but I do not think he gets the chance. I think the GOP maintains a majority until at least 2014.

10. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +309 / 9 / -12

I agree he was too inexperienced, but in essence they gave him what he asked for that is the stimulus package and Obamacare, a vast expansion of the bureaucracy and regulations promoted by the left.

These policies are bad which is why they failed and why the situation is worse.

I don't know why Obama would get a pass for this.

11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

It is a little more than this, you forget that the rethuglicans have employed strategy after strategy to avoid the nomination of many pending folks..

The Right Wing ministry of propaganda has done their share to destroy the credibility of many as well....

Blaming Pelosi and Reid is easy, but do you really think that they would be the ones holding up federal judges, and other federal appointments???..

Government is broken, and has been broken for more than the past 3 years.. and people are delusional if you think that any of the current candidates of the right are more experienced.. most of them have never even worked in DC... so we will see how experience pans out.

12. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,380 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

One of the reasons I wanted Clinton in 2008 ... but now either Clinton or Obama would be fine and the rest of them would be mere puppets for at least the first 18 months or so.

13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

Coming to realize that whomever is the Prez the contentiousness that is ongoing in DC will not go away, congress instead of working for the good of the folks who elected them, work for their own agenda.. they feed their ego's with more face time and feed their insatiable wallets with the money of the lobbyists...

There is a drastic change needed inside the beltway.. not sure if it will ever change, when Obama was elected there was a mantra by their propaganda machine that they hoped he would fail.. so instead of trying to work together to make things better, they have continued to be fractitious and pandering to special interests. The results are obvious.. to scapegoat Obama and his "inexperience" begs the issue.

Currently the host of the candidates of the right all are "inexperienced" relatively speaking, and nothing will change, not because of experience or inexperience, but because the power elite in this country do not want things to change.

14. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +734 / 11 / -7

Before 2008 election:

"No I will reach across the aisle more!" "No, I will reach across the aisle more!"

After 2008 election:

"No more politics as usual!!! Impeach him before he takes office! Filibuster every bill! Compromise is a dirty word!!!"

I don't have your answer Darryl. We're in the next phase of populist outrage this time from the left.

It's definitely a crack in "business as usual" these last 3 years. I'm not sure if I'm more concerned that things never will change, or that they will.

PFnV