Welcome to PatsFans.com

7 Countries Considering Abandoning the US Dollar (and what it means)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Terry Glenn is a cowgirl, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

By Jessica Hupp

It’s no secret that the dollar is on a downward spiral. Its value is dropping, and the Fed isn’t doing a whole lot to change that. As a result, a number of countries are considering a shift away from the dollar to preserve their assets. These are seven of the countries currently considering a move from the dollar, and how they’ll have an effect on its value and the US economy.

Click on the link below to see which 7 countries are considering this...

http://www.currencytrading.net/2007...g-abandoning-the-us-dollar-and-what-it-means/
  2. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

If these countries take their money out of Amerika... that would pretty much wipe our country out... that is what kind of ramifications this has... but, it's all planned out that way anyway; so it's not a big shock to me.
  3. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0

Holy Sh!te............. HUGO is not gonna take our money anymore....... GREAT NEWS :rocker:
  4. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

YYYYYEEEEAAAAHHHH... you can look forward to the North Amerikan Union.

YYYYYEEEEAAAAHHHH... kiss yer economy goodbye! YYYYEEEEAAAAHHHH...

There will be no middleclass after this happens... YYYYEEEEAAAAHHHH...

You sure you ain't one of those Jet fans????
  5. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I do happen to agree with Terry on this one. I do think that a major shake up in the nation's economy will lead to the proposal of a "North-amero" or some other North American currency. Just more steps towards one world government. Anybody hear Ministry's "A New World Order" playing in their head?
  6. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Their our largest oil provider at 40%, technically they still get our dollars.
  7. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0

Who gives a fukc............ I'm in the UPPER CLASS :rolleyes:

Believe what you want tinfoil. It's a bullsh!t story designed to gives people like you a boner. Go ahead, touch it......... you know you want to.

{p.s. read the story for what it means............}
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

quickly replacing QuiGon as the most argumentative, defensive, sophomoric, curse-filled, fact-avoiding poster the forum is saddled with...

wonder how many more dozen unsolicited personal insults he'll be granted before he receives his "final warning" from our conservative moderator...
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  9. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

It's amazing to me how some people don't think this is a big deal.

This is a HUGE deal, it affects everything.

Be prepared to experience a major drop in living standards and quality of life for the next 30 years.
  10. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'd be willing to bet that you're not upperclass...

Do you make more than $30 million a year?

If you don't... you are NOT upper class.

That is how bad inflation is now.

I'm not saying that you don't make over $30 million a year... but I have a VERY STRONG PERCEPTION that you don't even come close to it.

And, it's NOT BS. It's NOT theory.

And you must have a thing for boners... since it's cumming outta yer mouth.:D

Oh, and by NOT having a realistic outlook on life... people like you will be the first ones to off yourselves because you're head is in the clouds.

This might sound harsh, but life is harsh... at times.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  11. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +436 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Wow. OK then. Last I heard the Democrats were saying that $250K is "rich". Whatever.

You guys buy gold or stuff your mattresses or whatever you choose to do. The biggest economy the world has ever seen isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
  12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

without a doubt, maverick...

this nation needs a hero, for we are approaching very scary times... and as fat a nation as we are, we will fall hardest if/when the global economy collapses (and there are numerous clear signs it may) ... western civilization as a whole needs a hero... someone willing to say 'no' to the privatization of america... this nation needs to stop having a corporation mentality, and that starts with CEOs themselves... capitalism was good for its time, when we emerged victorious from a world war and there was another super power... but now it's time to shift gears a bit, fix what's wrong at home ... heck, it was time to do that 20 years ago... unfortunately, too many power circles, made up of very smart but very greedy men, have become completely addicted to capitalism, and will absolutely not relinquish power easily... not without radical change...

any time the central bank of a country is in fact private, then that country is eventually going to have serious problems...
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  13. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

$250k isn't very much at all...

Look, I have goals and dreams, and I surprisingly have a positive outlook on life.

But, I can see objectively as well.

I want to live the Amerikan dream like anyone else does.

But I'm not going to fool myself and leave my head in the sand.

Red pill for me please.
  14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

you keep telling yourself that ...

meanwhile, a half-dozen major indicators suggest otherwise...

fiscal irresponsibility, energy crisis, drugs, immigration, climate, downsizing/out sourcing the work force... on and on and on and on...

but then, i'm sure all these warning signs are mere liberal paranoia and doomsaying... :rolleyes:
  15. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's not even about money really...

More like power and control.

"They" want eugenics, everyone chipped, and controlled...

The money thing is really just an IOU.

Federal Reserve is fractional banking.

Gold isn't even the answer, since "they" can manipulate the futures markets however they wish.

We are off of the gold standard for awhile now.

You could have a discussion on this for months on end.

The possible outcomes and all.

I'm not scared about it... already know that it's coming.

I study this stuff in depth.

It's interesting in my eyes.

Like a chess game...
  16. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +436 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Well you guys enjoy :)

I will admit I expect my mutual funds to take a few lumps while the market finds the bottom that it's close to; and I expect low returns for the next year or two. But I'm staying fully invested, I think we're close to a short term bottom and pretty much at a long term bottom.
  17. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 5 / -2

That won't be anything new. We've had a drop in the quality of life for the last 30 anyway. This country has been headed to implosion for a long, long time, and quite honestly, if the dollar disintigrates, then that only speeds up the inevitable. The dollar is quickly moving toward disintigration people. You can thank the welfare state, illegals, apathy toward government efficiency, and the MIC. I told you all to invest in gold. :(
  18. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 5 / -2

With employment at 95+%, and 400,000 jobs added the last 3 months, things aren't as dire as they seem. Were employment in trouble, then I'd be in the doomsday department too. I do see some very tough years coming, but I think the correction we're facing was inevitable. Ultimately, it will be the decisions this country makes in the next 2-4 years that decides how this plays out. Quite honestly, I don't have faith in most of the clowns who are likely to be making them. If people make the right, i.e. tough choices, then we'll be ok. If not, we're fukced.
  19. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

The British said the same thing 60 years ago, when their manufacturing went away, the British Pound lost reserve currency status, and its world presence and prestige took a MAJOR hit.

Yeah, we don't starve, but our standard of living, quality of life, ability to purchase exports, our prestige, everything will go down.

I suggest everyone invest in non-US assets right now, because by doing nothing your net wealth is going down in value every second with the declining US dollar.