PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

7/31 - end of the week highlight edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eat the young!

But then who will protect you from the metal ones, or sell you Old Glory Robot Insurance!

clip.png

I'm hardly a Wendell apologist but... Let's be fair. He is one tough SOB, better than any of his competitors in down field run blocking, so far. He seems very able to get out and find the LB on pulls and traps, to spring runners both between the tackles and on wide runs. Plus he calls a good line blocking game.

Like in the passing game, he can have troubles moving a big and good DT when even great technique is not enough. It is merely a question of size. He is undersized. If he were 30 lbs heavier, he would be an AllPro Center. But he is not.

Wendell can play and win in this League and frequently does. Thankfully for him there are only so many Wilforks, Harlottis and Suhs (and Knightons) available, and there are not enough to go around around for all the teams. Even Superman had his Kryptonite; and Wendell has these mammoth guys to rag doll him unfortunately.

The hard-nose, tough guy is still someone I'd want on my Team, even if not as a starter.

I think the real issue with Wendell and pass pro has been his entirely obvious tell on the snap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back