PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

7/31 AM TC notes, Scott Benson

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFan37

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Link

This isn’t our first time seeing him of course, but Laurence Maroney still impresses us in passing drills that pits the backs and tight ends against the linebackers in hand-to-hand combat. They can’t cover him, so Victor Hobson and others decide to try to level him at the chuck. That did’t work either, though there were some ear-pleasing pops in there.
Good news, here. I'd love to see Maroney used more in the passing game. He's deadly in space.

Good notes on Wilhite's play on STs, CJack's catch, Brady's fire.

Niiiiiiiiiice!

Maroney is under-utilized in the passing game. I was waiting all Superbowl for them to try and get the ball to him in space since we couldn't run but it never happened.

Thread is mistitled. The blog descriptions are from the long past 7/29 afternoon session. I was there and saw the events described, e.g. Rodney's 1st day back at practice, Brady being super pissed at the D and yelling at the refs after the D stripped Chad Jackson AFTER the play was dead...

Last edited:
Yeah, that's true, we went Tuesday night. My fault for not making that clear in the post. Good pick up.

Link

Good news, here. I'd love to see Maroney used more in the passing game. He's deadly in space.

Good notes on Wilhite's play on STs, CJack's catch, Brady's fire.

Thanks for posting. That's one of the best "camp reports" I've seen. Most of them stink and don't tell you squat. I gotta keep checking this out.

Nice to see Brady's competitive fire is burning in the dog days of summer. Hopefully, he carries that same intensity onto the field throughout the entire season (preferably in December and January). I want to see #12 playing like he has the biggest chip in the world on his shoulder.

Brady has always been that way. Mouths off at the refs a lot. Mouths off to opposing players. He's also very hard on himself, q.v. his immediate taking a lap around the field after his mental misque on a fumbled snap this week.

Maroney is under-utilized in the passing game. I was waiting all Superbowl for them to try and get the ball to him in space since we couldn't run but it never happened.

100% agree here. I go one step further.
I think he could even be a Brian Westbrook or close.

If you guys scroll down, you would have seen this

http://www.patriotsdaily.com/2008/07/things-that-make-you-sad-to-be-a-fan/
Things That Make You Sad To Be A Fan
Posted on July 31, 2008
Filed Under Scott Benson
by Scott Benson
[email protected]

As I mentioned in my previous post, I’ve been doing a little vacation traveling this week. So when I returned home yesterday I had received a few e-mails from readers who said that a former Pats employee had posted an alleged tell-all parting gift on a God-forsaken gambling blog located somewhere on the seedy underbelly of the Internet.

I admit, I clicked the link they sent, though I won’t repeat it here. What was written, if you can call it that, was so meanspirited and flat-out crazy that it demeans everything and everyone who comes in contact with it. Much like the individual who wrote it.

Thing is, by all appearances, he was a former Pats employee, one whose self-congratulatory wise-guy conduct and twisted life view (and public profile afforded by his employment) had already several times over made him quite notorious among web-savvy Pats fans. Meaning he worked for Patriots Football Weekly, the team’s in-house publication, despite the fact that he’s been crawling on his belly like a snake since birth. You can only imagine the sunshine this awful prick has been spreading in Foxborough and other NFL cities in recent seasons.

All on the team’s dime. All in the employ of the freaking house organ.

It’s a perverted, out of control enterprise that would even think of issuing a single paycheck to the likes of this vermin. Its a juvenile, hostile operation whose employees loudly and proudly claim “objectivity” even though they couldn’t accurately define the word if you spotted them a copy of Merriam-Webster. Because M-W doesn’t define objective as being “a pathological need to prove one’s independence by continually acting out like catty, miserable 15 year old girls.”

I don’t blame the individuals themselves for this untenable situation. After all, if your aim in life is to curry the favor of preening, look-at-me clowns like Ron Borges, if your aspirations are limited to simply aping their corrosive, worthless careers, then you deserve my pity, not my contempt.

No, the people who are ultimately responsible for this insanity are the Krafts themselves. They’ve been right about a lot of things since the late 80’s, when they first secured the rights to the land surrounding the old Foxboro Stadium. But they have been as woefully wrong about this as they were about Bobby Grier and Pete Carroll. Worse, when you consider that was a bumbling, wrongheaded misjudgement. This….this almost seems calculated.

Why this contempt for your customers, after all the support they’ve given you on every step of your journey to here? Why do you mistrust us so? Why you believe the only way you can turn a profit on this paper and its website is to turn a gaggle of needledicked Perez Hilton wannabees against the players and coaches who have done more than anyone to afford you the internationally-celebrated status you enjoy today? How can you believe this is what will motivate us to buy your products? How can you believe this is the way to treat the people who care the most about those products? By thinking they’re nothing but vapid moths who will only be attracted by the most garish light?

Like the man whose name adorns the gleaming trophies that now line your still new trophy cases used to say - what the hell is going on out there?

Since we are all so excited about Casales' BS, why not post something that trashes it? I guess that would be to boring for the rumormongers in here. :rolleyes:
The stuff about the Krafts is harsh, but I agree with it. It's time for Kraft to clean house at PFW, IMO. Those people are all worthless. I stopped listening to them a long time ago. The rest of his post was very strong, you guys should go read it.
THIS IS WORTH A READ!!
Sighs, I long for a peaceful football season.

Last edited:
Re: If you guys scroll down, you would have seen this

Since we are all so excited about Casales' BS, why not post something that trashes it? I guess that would be to boring for the rumormongers in here. :rolleyes:
I did, yesterday, in that massive thread on Casale and there was some discussion about it,. See post #300. I was hoping to confine it to that thread, to suppress the rumor mongering. Apparently I didn't succeed, since this thread is about training camp. ;)

Last edited:
Re: If you guys scroll down, you would have seen this

I did, yesterday, in that massive thread on Casale and there was some discussion about it,. See post #300. I was hoping to confine it to that thread, to suppress the rumor mongering. Apparently I didn't succeed, since this thread is about training camp. ;)

My bad P37, I'm just so angry that AOL is running with this crap.
I feel responsible in some way, since I posted in that friggin thread.
After spygate, I'm just tired of these ex-employees and their BS. I hope this doesn't blow up like it did last year, and I promise this will be my last comment on this topic in this thread.

100% agree here. I go one step further.
I think he could even be a Brian Westbrook or close.

Not going to happen. Maroney is too slow in transition -- i.e., the time between when the ball arrives and he catches it, and when he looks up and starts making football moves. Guys like Westbrook or Faulk are smooth through this transition. Maroney is not.

Not going to happen. Maroney is too slow in transition -- i.e., the time between when the ball arrives and he catches it, and when he looks up and starts making football moves. Guys like Westbrook or Faulk are smooth through this transition. Maroney is not.

As I remember it, Faulk was not the player he is today when he was in his 2nd season.
Westbrook wasn't either.
http://www.nfl.com/players/brianwes...7220&campaign=Google_NFLPlayer_BrianWestbrook

I stand by my assertion, Sieglo.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye