PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

7/30 AM camp live post [Updated w/ pictures]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Camp live post

Regardless, he's clearly the early favorite for everyone's camp binky!

When the first time you call out his name is because of a huge hit he will quickly be a fan favorite.

Re: SBB's Practice Report

Sound the alarm. Walmart alert: ;)

2) Jonathan Wilhite stepping up at cornerback. With veteran Shawn Springs not on the field, second-year player Jonathan Wilhite stepped into his left cornerback spot. Wilhite had an interception of quarterback Kevin O’Connell over the middle. Earlier in practice, safety Brandon Meriweather picked off a tipped O’Connell pass that was intended for receiver Shun White.

(per Reiss)

Sorry guys...the downpour made things interesting. edelman looked great, bubba dropped a few

oooooo CBS is breaking the rules the Patriots have asked not post live reports

I was thinking that too, but perhaps it has something to do with their association with the Patriots (CBS Scene...). If not it will be ended soon, I imagine.

Every national report seems to cling to the notion that Edelmans's in the running at QB, but until I hear any report of him working with the QBs for even one drill, I'm calling that nonsense.

Regardless, he's clearly the early favorite for everyone's camp binky!

no qb for edelman today

Did Brady throw an INT? How were his passes? Accurate? Crisp?

Brady did not throw an INT as MO just said the one I couldnt recall was Oconnell.

He was accurate and Crisp in his drills.....When one drill ended he tracked down a ball that went out of bounds and he grabbed it and effortlessly threw a 30 yard peanut to the assistant coach.

I would say the only negative I saw of Brady might not have been real. The QBs were doing some footwork and Brady seemed slower than the other guys but even pre injury he was (plus he looked to be doing it more lazily) So I wouldn't read anything into it.

Sorry guys...the downpour made things interesting. edelman looked great, bubba dropped a few

I hope you stuck it out till the team left the field as I did:D it was fun. If it aint raining we aint training. That last thunder was loud and everyone took off once it happened players included.

PFW mentionned a few interesting tidbits (paraphrasing) :

*DeVree makes a nice catch (Reiss seems to think he could be a surprise 53)
*TBC as a DL on 4 man-fronts (mentionning he saw the 4-man a few times)
*A. Thomas bulldozing Sammy Morris
*Bodden and WILHITE as CBs (though it should be mentionned Springs was absent)

Scott O'Brien is intense...he runs behind gost on the kickoffs...oshea helping him - he used to be a ST coach...fears with the returners - maroney and faulk and nunn among them

I hope you stuck it out till the team left the field as I did:D it was fun. If it aint raining we aint training. That last thunder was loud and everyone took off once it happened players included.

No, but I heard everyone scream from inside my dry portapotty...it was crazy.

Just read in Price's blog that it was AD who tipped the pass on Meriweather's INT

haha, great stuff. keep it up!! makes me happy to get the scoop thousands of miles away...

No, but I heard everyone scream from inside my dry portapotty...it was crazy.

WTF you thought it would be more pleasant in a Port a Poty than getting wet.:D

I am guessing you are sticking around for practice 2 and didnt want to be wet all day?

Hard for me to criticize when I live in foxboro and was dry 10 minutes after leaving.

Just a note on hard it was raining. Walking back to my Car I walked through a river ankle deep. and this was one of cememnt walkways.

So O’Connell had two picked also Matt Gutierrez and Ryan Wendell had to run a lap in the rain after a fumbled snap in team work.

Seemed like the secondary was playing pretty well today with Leigh Bodden (right) and Jonathan Wilhite (left) and James Sanders Brandon Meriweather playing safety, good to hear!

Woods take snaps at right outside linebacker? And Guyton, first string?

It would be nice to read some report like the ones that pats1 posted! :D

Did anybody catch any of the post-practice press conference? I know BB was scheduled to speak and apparently Kevin Faulk and Wes Welker spoke.

BTW, listening to PFW in Progress while reading these comments makes for a nice lunch hour.

Official Media Player of the New England Patriots

I suppose it should also be noted that "Jerod Mayo participated fully as the team opened training camp practices Thursday." I think this might have been overlooked by some.

Didn't get much of a depth chart feel today. The 11v11s were cut short because of the rain, and even the 11v11 action that did occur was hampered by rain. So I didn't get a chance to see any of that.

One of the more interesting points was Ventrone taking snaps with the RBs during position drills. He rejoined the WRs after that. Speaking of the WRs, both O'Shea and Caserio were out there coaching them. Caserio is very vocal.

Did anybody catch any of the post-practice press conference? I know BB was scheduled to speak and apparently Kevin Faulk and Wes Welker spoke.

BTW, listening to PFW in Progress while reading these comments makes for a nice lunch hour.

Official Media Player of the New England Patriots

I caught a little of BB

But I just saw some video that Forsberg put on Reiss Pieces.

The Comment at the end from Greg Lewis was funny they tried to ask him if the other WR would be back and he basically said I dont you you will have to ask Coach all I can say is Greg will be back out there.

Sounds like a nice guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye