PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

7/17: Wes Welker on Jim Rome is Burning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
4:30pm EST on ESPN, for anyone interested.

Anyone have a summary or transcript?

It's on tomorrow.

I'm sure this will be brought up.

Cue the into to "Welcome to The Jungle"

Clones. What. Is. Up. Rome here, R-O-M-E, Rome. I have this show entirely scripted. A flagrant lack of creativity. That said, joining us now from The New England Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker. Known for his moustache. Lettuce. Wes, what. Is. Up.

It's on tomorrow.

I'm sure this will be brought up.

I suck, sorry.

Clones. What. Is. Up. Rome here, R-O-M-E, Rome. I have this show entirely scripted. A flagrant lack of creativity. That said, joining us now from The New England Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker. Known for his moustache. Lettuce. Wes, what. Is. Up.

Well played. And yes, it will most likely go down exactly like that.

Well done!

I wonder if Welker is going to say "you know?" after everything he says.

He probably won't give too much insight into anything considering the tight lipped ways of this organization...

You should also be able to catch something Wes Welker related on 7/20's Final Burn.

That seems to be the way Jim Rome operates.

Jim Rome on Welker last summer...

New England Patriots’ wide out Wes Welker took a nice “little run” at former teammate Asante Samuel for “jumping ship” to sign with the Eagles: “Asante’s a great player, so it hurts not to have a guy like that. But then again, it’s part of the business of the game. He chose money over championships, and that’s the way it goes sometimes.” Right, Wes.

Maybe the guy should just stay in New England and play the game for free! You know, “in the name of championships”! One question though, Wes…what championships?! The ones you’ve never won?! The one that Pats gagged away last year when they went into the Super Bowl unbeaten and supposedly unbeatable? Because, if you’re referring to the AFC Championship you won last year, the Lamar Hunt trophy is not the kind of hardware that’s going to keep a playmaker like Samuel in Foxborough. Not when Philly is trying to give him $57 mill’ over six years! And not when he already has 2 rings!

And yes, I know some disgruntled Patriots fans have glossed Samuel “Buckner” for missing that pick late. A pick that would have “iced” the Super Bowl and given him his third ring! But as it stands now, he still has two more than you. And now, he’s come “free and clear”, in the prime of his career and was looking to get paid. Who wouldn’t choose money over championships?! One, it’s neither here nor there, because no one is ever going to offer you that kind of money. But if they did, can you honestly say you’d leave it on the table, all in the name of playing for the New England Patriots? If so, you’re probably the only one!

Sure, he chose money over championships. Just like virtually every other guy in that league would!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes