PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

6th seed could be good

Status
Not open for further replies.

40yrpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think our chances of winning the division are good, but we have a great chance at the wild card. I don't see Dallas losing at home against the Ravens this weekend, which gives us the 6th seed assuming we win out.

The seeds are shaping up this way:
1- Tenn
2- Pitt
3- NYJ or Mia
4- Denver
5- Indy
6- NE

Round 1: #1 & 2 get the first week off. #6 would ordinarily play #3, but I think they re-arrange things so as not to have division opponents in round 1. So we'd be at Denver. Definitely a winnable game, though that place is a house of horrors for us. We should win it. In the same round, Indy would have no problem with either the Jets or Phins.

Round 2: So then we would be the lowest seed playing the top seed - Tennessee. Indy would be at Pitt. I like our matchup with Tenn, because they don't throw the ball well. I could see us winning that game if our current players are reasonably healthy. Pitt and Indy would be a good match, a tossup, but let's say Pitt wins.

AFCC: at Pitt. The way I look at it is that we dominated that 1st half of the Pitt game last month and would have won if Moss doesn't drop a couple of balls. So we can compete with the Steelers, which is all I can ask of this team. Despite our flaws, we have a shot.

Last edited:
I don't think our chances of winning the division are good, but we have a great chance at the wild card. I don't see Dallas losing at home against the Ravens this weekend, which gives us the 6th seed assuming we win out.

1- Tenn
2- Pitt
3- NYJ or Mia
4- Denver
5- Indy
6- NE

Round 1: #1 & 2 get the first week off. #6 would ordinarily play #3, but I think they re-arrange things so as not to have division opponents in round 1. So we'd be at Denver. Definitely a winnable game, though that place is a house of horrors for us. We should win it. In the same round, Indy would have no problem with either the Jets or Phins.

Round 2: So then we would be the lowest seed playing the top seed - Tennessee. Indy would be at Pitt. I like our matchup with Tenn, because they don't throw the ball well. I could see us winning that game if our current players are reasonably healthy. Pitt and Indy would be a good match, a tossup, but let's say Pitt wins.

AFCC: at Pitt. The way I look at it is that we dominated that 1st half of the Pitt game last month and would have won if Moss doesn't drop a couple of balls. So we can compete with the Steelers, and then of couse go on and win the Super Bowl,which is all I can ask of this team.

Fixed this for you. :D

1- Tenn
2- Pitt
3- NYJ or Mia
4- Denver
5- Indy
6- NE

JEST@Patriots after the 2006 season says hi. :)

Last edited:

1- Tenn
2- Pitt
3- NYJ or Mia
4- Denver
5- Indy
6- NE

AFCC: at Pitt. The way I look at it is that we dominated that 1st half of the Pitt game last month and would have won if Moss doesn't drop a couple of balls. So we can compete with the Steelers, which is all I can ask of this team. Despite our flaws, we have a shot.

The bolded is incorrect; as the #6 seed Pats would play the #3 which would be the winner of the AFC East. This actually works out well for the Pats and might almost be better than winning the East and playing the Ravens in Foxboro (though obv. nothing trumps a home playoff game).

Also, as I've been saying for a few weeks, the season would be worthwhile if the Pats went into NY in Round 1 and ended the Jets season. Anything after that would be gravy.

until we are scheduled for that first playoff game i will be nervous

Watch the Pats and Colts meet in the AFCCG.

If Steelers and Colts both win out, Pittsburgh gets #1, Colts get #2, and Tennesse bumps down to #5. Alot can still happen.

ridiculous dream scenario

patriots end jets season in meadowlands
steelers season at heinz
colts season at lucasoil

*homer gargling sound*

oh and wow. it just hit me that if the dolphins and pats win out, and the ravens lose on saturday night, the pats will go right back into miami.

oh. boy. i'm not sure there would be survivors in that game.

oh and wow. it just hit me that if the dolphins and pats win out, and the ravens lose on saturday night, the pats will go right back into miami.

oh. boy. i'm not sure there would be survivors in that game.

how so???

Like the man said... "I like our chances". :)

If Steelers and Colts both win out, Pittsburgh gets #1, Colts get #2, and Tennesse bumps down to #5. Alot can still happen.

Nope, Tennessee has clinched the division, best Colts can do is #5.

At all cost until the AFC-C-Game we want to avoid Pittsburgh. I think they will be the Number 1 seed Tennessee Stinks! I would love for us to get a shot at Tennessee in Round 2 if we make it past the First Round. Tennessee in Round 2 is easy picking for any AFC foe. They will be known as the weakest High Seed in years.

Last edited:
Dimly in tha back of my mind, I sort of remember some rule to prevent same division clubs meeting in the WC round ofthe playoffs.

Does anyone else recall such a contingency plan by the League? If we make the playoffs, that would mean the House of Horrors at Mile High.

Of course if Baltimore loses @ Dallas, I'll take any seeding.

Last edited:
Dimly in tha back of my mind, I sort of remember some rule to prevent same division clubs meeting in the WC round ofthe playoffs.

Does anyone else recall such a contingency plan by the League? If we make the playoffs, that would mean the House of Horrors at Mile High.

I am with you AZ let the Colts go to Mile High...they had better success there.

Last edited:

I think that was the old rule when there were no byes and 4 teams in the playoffs........

Pitt will beat Tenn and be the #1 seed.
IF we get the 6th seed then we have to play jets/fins and past that pitts.

1- Tenn
2- Pitt
3- NYJ or Mia
4- Denver
5- Indy
6- NE

i dont get the rearrange part...

That was my recollection too, that they avoided wild card matchups involving teams in the same division. But maybe that got changed at some point.

I'd rather play the Jets or Miami, especially Miami, than be at Denver. Then we'd play at Tenn, assuming they hang on to 1st seed, then at Pitt. That's our best hope. We want Tennessee to be the #1 seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back