Welcome to PatsFans.com

65% disaprove how GWB is doing...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, May 9, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +816 / 26 / -33

Bush is creating a very challenging political climate for all Republicans and have to wonder what the effect will be in November.... seems that this is the tip of the iceberg with the Fitzgerald Grand Jury, the new Watergate Scandal, the Hayden Nomination and his greatest moment as president catching a 7.5 pound perch in his pond in Texas...wait a minute the largest perch ever caught was 4.3 pounds, I mean bass....

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-05-08-bush-approval_x.htm

WASHINGTON — President Bush's approval rating has slumped to 31% in a new USA TODAY/Gallup Poll, the lowest of his presidency and a warning sign for Republicans in the November elections.
    The survey of 1,013 adults, taken Friday through Sunday, shows Bush's standing down by 3 percentage points in a single week. His disapproval rating also reached a record: 65%. The margin of error is +/- 3 percentage points.

"It is a challenging political environment," acknowledges Tracey Schmitt, a spokeswoman for the Republican National Committee, "but we are confident that ultimately voters in November will recognize that a Democrat Congress would simply not be equipped to ensure either economic or national security for our nation."

Bush's fall is being fueled by erosion among support from conservatives and Republicans. In the poll, 52% of conservatives and 68% of Republicans approved of the job he is doing. Both are record lows among those groups.

Moderates gave him an approval rating of 28%, liberals of 7%.

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

What's the over / under on the amount of days it takes to get to 70%?

3. JJDChE

JJDChE 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Gotta respect those last 31% of people that still approve of Bush. It's pretty difficult to avoid current events news for 6 years.

4. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +153 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

I disapprove of him also when it comes to illegal immigration and backing down from SS reform, but that certainly doesn't mean I will vote for a democrat in November or in 08. So have a little perspective on you poll humping.

5. JJDChE

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It's pretty sad that there are people out there that vote party first. Use your brain people!

6. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 50 / -7

#75 Jersey

NEM I would honestly vote for Satan himself before I would vote for Hillary.

Here's the reasoning: Hillary and the rest of the left wing of the DNC, are against everything all republicans want: lower taxes, less government, no national healthcare, school choice, et al.

So if my choices in the voting booth were Hillary or Lucifer, then the devil would get my vote, because as a fiscal conservative, knowing full well that if Hillary got elected the country would go straight to hell anyways, I'm going to vote for the one man who could do it faster and in a more fiscally responsive way.

Republicans do not vote "Party First" they vote for their beliefs first, and since the democrats are void of beliefs, even the worse Republican candidate is more attractive then the latest DNC flunky.

7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,122 / 3 / -10

Tom Cruise is the most annoying wackjob ass hole in America today.
    :bricks:

8. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

C'mon NEM...who do you think your talking too here? History has proved that Democrats do NOT belive in the country as a whole. They believe that the US is just some cog in the UN wheel. Democrats are NOT strong on defense. When confronted by a hostile nation, Democrat leaders prefer to either make vague threats they have no intention of following up on, Tell the UN to get off their asses and protect us, or just simply throw money at the enemy until they go away. Is that your idea of national defense? Democrats are in favor of "individual" choice? Not the choice of the majority? Oh, and before you tells us all the benefits of "socialized medical care" keep in mind that it is the first step towards communism

9. JJDChE

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I agree, that scientology crap really pushed him over the edge. I didn't think anyone could be more of an annoying wackjob ass munch than Bush, but Cruise did it.

:bricks:

Last edited: May 10, 2006