PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

62 year old former Pats RB Mack Herron Arrested For Heroin Possession

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad, actually.

But arrested for dope possession OVER 20 TIMES since the 1960s?

More disguisting than sad IMO

Maybe he should change his last name by adding an I,from HERRON to HERROIN

How does he keep getting away with it? He clearly isn't a user now and again! 20 times!

How does he keep getting away with it? He clearly isn't a user now and again! 20 times!

Like ****ie Ecklund in "The Fighter". They just arrest him and he gets the, "not you again" and the let him go because they feel bad for him.

Try that in Saudi Arabia and hes missing a finger- or two.

Last edited:
Sad story...I was a huge fan of Mini Mack as a kid...drugs are so horrid.

Maybe if the NFLPA had better insurance for there vets he would of been able to get help through rehab many years ago?

Maybe if the NFLPA had better insurance for there vets he would of been able to get help through rehab many years ago?

Many drug programs are free of charge.. it is not about insurance, don't blame systems for his drug use.. he made the choice.

Too bad for Mack Herron, he played on some of our better teams.

Many drug programs are free of charge.. it is not about insurance, don't blame systems for his drug use.. he made the choice.

Too bad for Mack Herron, he played on some of our better teams.

Not really, in '73 they were 5-9 and 7-7 in '74 but it was the turnaround from doormat to contender the next few years...

Mini Mack probably lost a step or they wouldn't have caught him.

Last edited:

"Smack" Heroin?? :eek:

Like ****ie Ecklund in "The Fighter". They just arrest him and he gets the, "not you again" and the let him go because they feel bad for him.

Try that in Saudi Arabia and hes missing a finger- or two.

Surely he would be missing all fingers, and probably all his toes if it's over 20 times ;)

I hope Herron gets help before its too late. As someone who's lost a close friend to the throes of smack, I know how awful the drug can be. It's 99% of the time a downward spiral from that first time taking the drug. the high never gets better and you use and use and use, always chasing the dragon, looking for the ultimate high that's never coming. My friend died at the age of 34, looking for that ultimate thrill ride that many users try to find in a speed ball. He could never find that "perfect high" again that he experienced the first time he slammed heroin, so onto a heroin/cocaine mix. It's probably the most lethal of all drug combos, and it ended his life.

"People say marijuana's not a stepping stone drug. OK, not all pot smokers turn into junkies, but show me a junkie who didn't start out a pot smoker..."
-said by a very wise man at the wake of someone who died of an overdose

Last edited:
SOOOOOO SAD!

I started watching football as a very little girl in 1975. Mack Herron was my favorite player. I remember a piece about him...."the little engine that could." So small, all heart, played against odds (size). Sooooo sad his life ended up like this.

I sure hope the current players are also fighting for the old timers who did not have the personal assistance given to them then.

Sooooo sad.

At his age, makes you wonder if this is some kind of pain control or depression rather than your standard addiction. I expect the situation here is more complicated than it appears.

SOOOOOO SAD!

I started watching football as a very little girl in 1975. Mack Herron was my favorite player. I remember a piece about him...."the little engine that could." So small, all heart, played against odds (size). Sooooo sad his life ended up like this.

I sure hope the current players are also fighting for the old timers who did not have the personal assistance given to them then.

Sooooo sad.

Sad to say but Mini-Mack was said to have those same drug problems back then, wrecking his career and far more importantly his life.
Worse than sad.
The life lesson will however be lost on today's bling encrusted multi-millionaire 2o somethings

Last edited:

He isn't getting away with it, obviously, as he keeps getting arrested. I take it you are of the opinion that indefinite incarceration is the solution to drug addiction? This whole "war on drugs" is a complete mess - legalization has been demonstrated to work very well already, shifting the focus from law enforcement to treatment and saving the government an enormous amount of money. This is especially the case given that the USA's problem is causing disaster in Mexico and Colombia as well.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, but I feel sad for Mack Herron, whose life has clearly been ruined by his addiction. He was the one who got me into the Patriots, since I had been a CFL fan as a kid and Herron was the best player there (for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, if I recall correctly). When he moved to the NFL, I started following the team he played for, and the rest, as they say, is history.

At his age, makes you wonder if this is some kind of pain control or depression rather than your standard addiction. I expect the situation here is more complicated than it appears.

To quote a former addict: "What they don't tell you is that, once you've beaten the physical dependence, you still have to deal with whatever it was about yourself that made you an addict in the first place." I'm sure Mack Herron knows that better than anybody.

=============================================================

Agree 100%, It was a poor atempt trying to make a point about the lack of care given to NFL Vets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down