Welcome to PatsFans.com

60 Minutes Tonight - Concerns GJAJ15's Good Thread.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Oct 15, 2006.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,971 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

2. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,971 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

Well, I take it nobody saw it ... but it was good...real good. I found myself echoing many of this guys thoughts.

he was a speechwriter for Bush ... one of them anyways.

What he objected to most was the politicizing of Jesus by the Bush people. Something that has bothered me also...but then again...I didn't vote for him and I don't much care for him. He's done some things I like but his lying turns me off...expecially that which concerns religion.

But then I'm thinking when the spot was over ...

Who in their right mind could ever believe a President could truly be religious?

Just the lying that Presidents do disqualifies them. I felt the same when Clinton was in office ... what a farce and a sham that was.

Why can't they just say they have religious beliefs and leave it at that. A statement if they so choose that they believe in God or whatever and move on....at least it would not be so much of a farce.

If anything good is to come of this America will not fall for this again...at least they should not fall for this again. Religion can take care of itself...and does it quite well ... it has little place in our government except for a mention of God where it applies.

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +809 / 26 / -33

I saw it also, although discounted by his bosses, what does this guy have to loose considering his religious background (which seem sincere).. if the religious right were manipulated by GWB and crew, he will be judged by a greater force than we can ever discuss here. I can see in the fog of politics, that just about everything can attempted to be manipulated. One of the things I thought interesting was GWB's quoting religious songs, into his speeches, while not crediting the song it made the audience think of them. Pretty good strategy.

4. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,971 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

One thing that I hated hearing and in fact, I hate hearing every time is all these speech writers that are employed.

Now, anyone here correct me if I am wrong ... and don't forget i was 50/50 on Clinton ... I always admired that he contributed greatly to his speeches. Not all of them ... but the important ones he used the speechwriters rough drafts and then crafted his own speeches. Again...if I'm wrong correct me but I'm pretty sure he was speaking from his own cranium and not some hot shot's cranium.

As for the subliminal things ... I look for them in all the speeches I hear. I use the tactic myself in business and in raising the kids ... if you catch the right brain cells your good as gold .. if you miss them all...well...you tried.