PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"60 Minutes" to have segment on Weis's coaching style

Status
Not open for further replies.

lobster

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
On "60 Minutes" web-page (link below) there is a news story on Parcel's "verbal abuse" of Weis. Also there is a video on Weis's coaching style - under "60 Minutes Videos" - which I haven't watched. Weis is known for expletive-laced language. Extract from the article:
Parcells hammered him the first time he offered advice at a coaches meeting, says Weis. "(Parcells) looks down at the end of the table with his scowl. 'You have been in the league for five minutes. No one cares what you think, so just sit there and shut up,'" Weis remembers Parcells saying.

The self-described "obnoxious, sarcastic guy from New Jersey" acknowledges that he was once Parcells' whipping boy. "I was it," he tells Kroft with a laugh. "I mean, there was no doubt. The hammer is coming out and it's being swung and swung hard."

"And now you're giving it?" asks Kroft.

"Yeah … it's nice to be on the delivering end rather than the receiving end," Weis says with a laugh.

Link:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/10/26/60minutes/main2126629.shtml

Last edited:
Three Superbowls in five seasons, back to back 14-2 seasons, 21 in a row,with a 6th round draft pick QB to shephard, what else is there really to say about his coaching style, NEM? He coulda done better (aka NEM coulda done better)??? :rofl:

Once upon a time Parcells stripped Charlie of his play calling duties. Since then the score is Weis 3, Tuna 0.

Parcells was an SOB to work or play for, yet the one person I can think of who survived that normally life altering experience only to be none the better for it is Bledsoe. Had you ever had the good fortune to have worked for him, there would be two. :D

I am so going to tape that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back