Welcome to PatsFans.com

60 days for an admitted child rapist?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Turd Furguson, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Does that sound right to you?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10743544/from/RSS/

Note that the Governor of Vermont has promised treatment while in prison if the judge reconsiders and gives this scumbag a sentence he deserves.

The judge declined.

What do you guys think?

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +342 / 12 / -11

That's a bizarre sentence and it's hard to undrestand, especially since the judge may well be a conservative -- he was appointed by a Republican governor:

http://news.lp.findlaw.com/ap/o/632/01-13-2006/d39c003da0f710e0.html

"Judge Edward Cashman should be the darling of conservatives: a churchgoer, a former prosecutor, a Vietnam vet and a member of the bench known for his hard-line stands: A decade ago he jailed for 41 days the parents of a suspect in a rape case because they refused to cooperate with prosecutors.
    "Cashman's early years as a judge were marked by complaints that he was insensitive to the concerns of female victims of abuse and that he unfairly favored fathers in custody cases."

It may well be that he's some sort of sexist right-wing nut.

3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

This steaming pile of shyte impersonating a human being needs to be executed...So does the rapist.
    The "judge" clearly has an affection for serial child molesters. Maybe he could fullfil his desires in prison.

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

Now your talking, the Judge should be put in the same cell with Mike Tyson & Michale Jackson.

5. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

...And I'm against capital punishment fa krissakes- that's how much this pi$$es me off...

Your idea's too wierd, but makes me laugh uncomfortably.

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

I hope you realize I think it's wierd also, but close your eyes and think about it, what a movie that would make for the "Hollywood Perverts".

7. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

That's it!...End the thread!

8. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

God, even an arch-conservative is so frustrated with our justice system that he goes soft. Interesting how the state initially refused to provide treatment before sentencing, only making that offer after the defendant had been sentenced.

The sentence doesn't do the victim justice, but I'd say the fault is with the VT dept of corrections for not offering treatment, or with the legislature for not codiying it as a requirement.

Too bad in a case like this there are no winners except for the criminal.

9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

The State doesn't offer treatment because it is a waste of money, there is only three ways to realisticlly treat a hard core Pedophile
    1 Castrate Him
    2 Sterilize Him
    3 Shoot Him.

They can't be treated, most of them that are in prisons where they "are treated" freely admit that when they are released the first thing they are going to do is look for a little boy or a little girl.

But of course the "ga ga goo goo" liberals will go right on wasting money slobbering all over them. Good Luck.

10. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Assuming you were an athoritative source on pedophelia, that would be true. But being that you're presumabely not involved in anything to do with pedophelia (in terms of treatment, criminal justice, psychology, etc, I'm certainly ) your 1, 2, and 3 don't make a complete list.

I don't know if treatment works or not, but I'm not going to rely on anecdotal evidence ("Some pedophiles say...") either way.

11. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I worked with juvenile sex offenders for years and let me tell you, there is NO effective therapy for them.

First, one must want therapy/treatment and be 100% vested in it for it to be successful.

Second, I'm convinced that being a pedophile is much like being a hetero or homosexual in that its basically your nature. Like our beloved Ron Borges likes to say, if you're born round, you dont die square.

Third, in this scumbag's case, I'm not interested in his TREATMENT, I'm interested in his paying his HUGE debt to society for the irreversible harm he caused a little girl.

I want Justice, not treatment.

12. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Whether or not treatment can cure compulsions is hard to say, but at least it may be effective in stopping the predator from acting on the compulsions.

What if we lock him up for 20 years and he gets out and does it again?

Lock him up for life? We'll run out of room in our jails pretty quick (not to mention dollars) and need to start releasing some people soon (non-violent drug offenders?)

So yeah, this guy should have gotten more jail time (jail is meant to be punitive as well as rehabilitative), but let's look for better long-term answers than just locking people up and throwing away the key.

13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

Everybody seems concerned about help and treatment for "The Dog Man Raper", is the little girl he was screwing for four years getting any help from the kind and caring liberal community.

Liberal Philosophy:
    Help the criminal f uck the victim.

14. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +342 / 12 / -11

But, Harry, the judge was a conservative appointed by a Republican. Also, I'm glad to see that you support social services and other treatment to help the victim. Liberals certainly supported that and were among those who helped bring child abuse and domestic abuse out of the closet, where conservatives for years wanted it kept for the sake of propriety.

15. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Interesting that you say that despite EVERYBODY posting here agreeing he deserved a harsher sentence. Also interesting that this came from an ultraconservative judge. But don't let that stop you from using this to attack liberals.

16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

But of course he was a Conservative we have a ss holes just as the "Neo Libs" do. This Judge should be crucified, he should go to prison and be put in the general population, the gang bangers and neo nazis will tear him to shreds.

They should send the Pedophile out to live with Nancy Pelosi, maybe she could "give him the treatment he needs"

17. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +107 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

Patters will always point out if he thinks someone is to the right of Barney Frank.

"Oh, look at that driver running the stop sign, what a right winger"

"That waiter was so rude, right winger"

"That toll worker was mean, must be a right winger"

"Did you see that lady not clean up after her dog? What a right winger"

"The fast food kid did not ask me if I wanted fries with that, freaking right winger"