PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

60/94, 63.8 comp%, 815 yards, 6 TDs, 1 INT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, no. If they knew he was going to be this good, they would not have waited so long to draft him.

With all due respect, why bother, when you have other needs to fill first? The only other teams that might have even considered drafting him were CIN and TEN.

That's nice, but if the implication here is that Cassel is as good as or better than Brady, well, that's silly.

To me it's just a stated fact. You might have inferred something from it, but that's up to you. If the poster meant something by it, he should have been plain about it, I suppose.

That's nice, but if the implication here is that Cassel is as good as or better than Brady, well, that's silly.

2007 Brady v. 2008 Cassel? No contest. 2001 Brady v. 2008 Cassel? Not as easy a call.

Not saying Cassel is better than Brady but it is shocking that Brady didn't have back to back 400 yard games last year, taking NOTHING away from Brady it shows how magnificently Cassel is playing. And almost every one of his INTs has come on a tip or a fallen WR.

Not saying Cassel is better than Brady but it is shocking that Brady didn't have back to back 400 yard games last year, taking NOTHING away from Brady it shows how magnificently Cassel is playing. And almost every one of his INTs has come on a tip or a fallen WR.

If only they had signed Culpepper.......

Back to Back???? Brady didn't have a single 400 yard game last year.

Back to Back???? Brady didn't have a single 400 yard game last year.

He didn't need to throw for 400 yards. Go back and watch the games. Most teams were out of it before half time. There was no need for him to throw for 400 yards. BUT I guess yards thrown is the mark of a GREAT QB. How dare Brady hold on to that starting job all of these years over Matt Cassel.

The 400 yards is not the impressive part - that was more McDaniel than Cassell.

What I liked was only 1 INT, which should have been zero. And the 3rd down pass to Gaffney in the 2nd qtr with heavy pressure in his face. And the HUGE 3rd & 10 to Gaffney down the right sideline in the 4th qtr. And the fact he makes so few mistakes while being in the shotgun all day.

He's showing amazing poise, maturity, and mental & physical toughness.

u should add rushing yds and rushing td's to the tile as well...

Alot of that has to do with the fact that we were almost never down or in a shootout last year. If our defense gave up 28+ points as much as it has this year, you'd have surely seen plenty 400 yard efforts.

Way to put words into people's mouths.

Apple, some folks are having a hard time accepting Cassel's success. They were so invested in the fact they knew more than BB and that Cassel sucked and that we need to sign a vet after Brady went down, that when the team does well they don't know how to react.

Last edited:
wes welker, randy moss.
charles johnson, david patten, troy brown

Cassel has better weapons, but Im glad he has improved.. its made the season fun..

2007 Brady v. 2008 Cassel? No contest. 2001 Brady v. 2008 Cassel? Not as easy a call.

Along with having Welker and Moss, Cassel has had 3 years of bench experience (which is pretty important when youre learning from Brady and Belichick while on the bench), Cassel has also had a pretty weak running game and a much worse defense, plus overall I like the '08 team better than the '01 team because they are coming off a 18-1 Superbowl season. All of these are things that Brady did not have and so it would explain in part why Cassels stats are gonna be better than Brady's in '01, but doesnt prove that he is playing better, yet.

Dont get me wrong I love how well Cassel has been doing lately, but its still hard for me to say that he is or might be better than Brady in any way.

I ain't gonna lie. He's way better than I thought he would be.

WTF???? I guess BB knows more then I do :confused:

LOL me too..........I was ready for the Patriots to cut him, LMAO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back