60/94, 63.8 comp%, 815 yards, 6 TDs, 1 INT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delicate Genius

Generally aware
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Matt Cassel's stats in the last eight quarters. :singing:

In all honesty, this stretch is better than just about any two game stretch that Brady had, excluding last season of course. Amazing development for a player most were ready to cut, myself included.

How many QBs in history have had back-to-back 400 yard games?

Absolutely great performances from Cassel. I am glad he has been able to come in for Brady and do as well as he is doing right now. But lets not forget that Brady had the best season of all time from a QB. Without taking anything away from Cassel, Brady's performance last year with the 50 TDs and all still trumps what Cassel has done. But Cassel has been great.

Stating the obvious, Kraft isn't going to just thank him for the year and let him walk. He'll be Franchised and a QB will be traded. Most likely Cassel, of course.

How many QBs in history have had back-to-back 400 yard games?

Most Consecutive Games, 400 or More Yards Passing
Dan Fouts, San Diego, 1982
Dan Marino, Miami, 1984
Phil Simms, N.Y. Giants, 1985
Billy Volek, Tennessee, 2004
Matt Freakin' Cassel, 2008

NFL Records

Last edited:
Brady never had these weapons early in his career either.

Matt Cassel is now becoming a perfect scenario. No one saw him playing like THIS at THIS spot in the season. To do this in week 4 against the Chargers is ok, but this shows the kid has a big spine in tough situations. He is showing us we can win a SB with him, if this defense ever gets it.

Fantastic performance again from Matt. Two or three times he stood tough in the pocket and picked out a great pass despite having a defender in his face. Showed poise and precision at a level none of us expected. Some team is going to get lucky next season when they land Matt in free agency.

I ain't gonna lie. He's way better than I thought he would be.

WTF???? I guess BB knows more then I do :confused:

Last edited:
Number of 400 + yard games career:

Tom Brady 1
Matt Cassel 2

Who would have thought Cassel could be a better quarterback than 2 former Heisman trophy winners.

Who would have thought Cassel could be a better quarterback than 2 former Heisman trophy winners.

Ans:

These guys:

1107894894_1191.jpg

Well, no. If they knew he was going to be this good, they would not have waited so long to draft him.

I have to admit that I giggled at your answer... How lucky New England has been for investing that late round draft pick in Matt Cassel!! Can you imagine what we would be like if we still had that QB Rohan Davey as Tom Brady's back-up?

Also, while I am sure that Tom Brady is smiling at Matt Cassel's success, how much to you want to bet that his competitive side is smarting at two back-to-back games of 400 yeards or more? Something tells me that Tom's competitive side will be determined to at least match Cassel's performance in the last two games.

The Patriots now have the luxury of at least two and probably three good NFL quarterbacks. In thinking about next year, how much of the salary cap should be devoted to the quarterback position? What a tough position the Patriots find themselves in...

I have to admit that I giggled at your answer... How lucky New England has been for investing that late round draft pick in Matt Cassel!! Can you imagine what we would be like if we still had that QB Rohan Davey as Tom Brady's back-up?

Also, while I am sure that Tom Brady is smiling at Matt Cassel's success, how much to you want to bet that his competitive side is smarting at two back-to-back games of 400 yeards or more? Something tells me that Tom's competitive side will be determined to at least match Cassel's performance in the last two games.

The Patriots now have the luxury of at least two and probably three good NFL quarterbacks. In thinking about next year, how much of the salary cap should be devoted to the quarterback position? What a tough position the Patriots find themselves in...

Who knows, maybe Davey was also just a Tom Brady injury away from proving his doubters wrong. Or maybe not.

Number of 400 + yard games career:

Tom Brady 1
Matt Cassel 2

Not to rain on what has been a parade of solid performances by Cassel, but seriously... throwing for 400 yards means you're in more shootouts. It says more about the defense than the QB play.

Not to rain on what has been a parade of solid performances by Cassel, but seriously... throwing for 400 yards means you're in more shootouts. It says more about the defense than the QB play.

Or you don't have any healthy running backs. Or you're facing consecutive teams with weak secondaries. The why is not important, what is important is that he can and does do it.

Wrong.

Throwing for 400 yards means that the coaches are putting the game on the back of the QB. Cassel is responding. You don't throw 400 yards because your defense sucks, you throw 400 yards because you are DAMN GOOD.

Okay then you must be saying that much of Brady's success was benefited a strong NEP defense, cause only once did he need to get into a 400+ yard shootout in 7 years. Unlike Matt Cassel who lacked the benefit of an solid defense and had to win two games in a row on this laser like arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back