PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

6 receiver sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
One of the posters has mentioned the possibility of 6 receiver sets, (maybe in jest).

Math was never my best subject , but i think that means one of the receivers would have to play QB, possibly throwing the ball to himself, (otherwise he wouldn't be a receiver).

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Sssshhhhh... we're only one FA signing away from talking about 7 reciever sets.

:D

One of the posters has mentioned the possibility of 6 receiver sets, (maybe in jest).

Math was never my best subject , but i think that means one of the receivers would have to play QB, possibly throwing the ball to himself, (otherwise he wouldn't be a receiver).

Thoughts?

Troy Brown.

Yeah, we'll do 6 wideout sets. Well, as soon as the NFL changes its rules and pass rushers can only start to rush on "3 mississippi".

In all seriousness though, I am interested to see how this plethora of talent at wideout changes our offense at all. Brady loves to spread em out.

Last edited:
Sssshhhhh... we're only one FA signing away from talking about 7 reciever sets.

:D

Tackle eligible? How would that work?

Washington's 6'3", but only 218. I'm thinking stuff his uniform full of stuff like Santa Claus. By the time the D senses something wrong, he's gone!

Last edited:

Thoughts?

Correct, since a legal formation has to have 7 guys on the line, and only the outside 2 are eligible receivers, there's no way to have 6 guys eligible (and still have a QB).

Thoughts?

sure tell Matt light to play both LG and LT, that should free up a spot on the line, maybe kyle brady can line up next to light and we can run 7 then...

boomer will then say "Jim, Jim look, only the center and matt light are the only lineman on the line of scrimage, do you think they are going to pass here?"

PD.

Thoughts?
Let's see, you have to have seven on the LOS, right? And a covered end cannot be an eligible receiver? So that means that 5 guys on the LOS cannot be eligible - we usually call this the offensive line ...

11 - 5 = 6 so their can only ever be six skill players on the field at one time so yes you are correct - unless one of the receivers took the snap and handed off to an o-lineman (e.g. one of the 5 guys on the LOS and not an end) who passed the ball.

I love the idea of a 5 OL, 1 QB, 6 WR set - if we can just get away without the 12 men on the field penalty this will kick ass.

Thoughts?

That was me, and I was kidding, but I also know that it would be pretty flippin' sweet. :D

I guess you could do it with a TE/WR playing "tackle". You could change who is eligible by motioning guys on/off the line of scrimmage (to keep 7 on the LOS at all times). You still wouldn't ever have more than 5 eligible receivers, but techincally you would have 6 guys split out wide. Why you'd want to do that I have no idea, other than that it would be pretty funny.

I guess you could do it with a TE/WR playing "tackle". You could change who is eligible by motioning guys on/off the line of scrimmage (to keep 7 on the LOS at all times). You still wouldn't ever have more than 5 eligible receivers, but techincally you would have 6 guys split out wide. Why you'd want to do that I have no idea, other than that it would be pretty funny.

That's the spirit! Let's think outside the box. I'm looking for some right brain thinking here, or left brain......whatever side that Clive Rush used to use.

I figure we start with 11 men on the line. Then some receivers go in motion. one of them just happens to go behind the center and take the snap.

Cover that!:confused: :bricks:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots