PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

6 & 1/2

Yankees/Colts

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not sure I've ever seen a 5 game sweep before... in the other team's park no less.

Yankees/Colts said:
I'm not sure I've ever seen a 5 game sweep before... in the other team's park no less.
This may be a first. Maybe a Cardinals Cubs series sometime, but other than that? The Yankees are simply better at every level of the organization right now. The only thing the Red Sox have is Manny and Ortiz. Other than that, the management completely failed the fan base. I think after 2004 they thought they could shine s h i t. I think Theo and Francona should be fired, and I'm not kidding. They just wasted the two best players in the american league and Schilling's last good year. Really shameful.

PonyExpress said:
This may be a first. Maybe a Cardinals Cubs series sometime, but other than that? The Yankees are simply better at every level of the organization right now. The only thing the Red Sox have is Manny and Ortiz. Other than that, the management completely failed the fan base. I think after 2004 they thought they could shine s h i t. I think Theo and Francona should be fired, and I'm not kidding. They just wasted the two best players in the american league and Schilling's last good year. Really shameful.

I hate that I agree with you. (In that I wish I could lie to myself and think that wasn't the case)

Last edited:
PonyExpress said:

Ditto. I can't defend my boy Theo anymore.

But some things don't change: that special place in hell reserved for smug ass Yankee fans.

milwaukeebeers44 said:
But some things don't change: that special place in hell reserved for smug ass Yankee fans.

Be thankful most of you live out in the Eastern part of the state.......I live out here in Western Mass and we are loaded with Yankee fans. As if I needed another reason to NOT want to go to work on a Monday, I knew what the day would be filled with......Yankee fans having a field day. :rolleyes:

Ehhh, by next monday nobody but yankme fans will remember this. On the other hand, in the year 3048 some team will lead some other team 3-0 in the ALCS and at the start of game 4 the announcer's going to go:

"Only ONE time in the history of Major League Baseball..."

PonyExpress said:
i agree with you theo sucks big time and he should be fired .john henry should have let him walk but i dont think francona should be fired hes the least of the redsox problems

You guys should have kept Arroyo for dirt cheap IMO. Pena's been pretty good(when he's been on the field) but he's a little redundant and a defensive liability.

I know Arroyo had the 10 game no win streak, but he's had a bit of Roger Clemens disease. He's been a tough luck pitcher. He has a nice ERA and had a lot of nice games during that stretch with no run support. He had another excellent outing tonight with a no decision. He's 10-8, but really should be about 15-6.

Nikki said:
Be thankful most of you live out in the Eastern part of the state.......I live out here in Western Mass and we are loaded with Yankee fans. As if I needed another reason to NOT want to go to work on a Monday, I knew what the day would be filled with......Yankee fans having a field day. :rolleyes:

Hey, I live in Atlanta, where everyone in the rap and hip hop industry industry thinks wearing a Yankees hat is a fashion statement. . .blergh.

I agree Theo is on the hot seat (with no contract i might add) however let's live tito out of this--he's done a great job with what he's had to work with. Most of the team that won in 04 was handed to this FO---most notibly they replaced nomar with o-cab which worked out pretty well:D

after 04 they then dumped o-cab for rent-a-wreck (which i hated), pedro for beckett, lowe for clement, and damon for coco-------------in every area we have taken a step backward and (despite FO banter) don't look like we can take 2 steps forward now. The FO has done a great job selling the "rebuilding process" to the fans--however it won't last long......not making the playoffs doesn't cut it for the 2nd highest payroll in baseball

mtbykr said:
I agree Theo is on the hot seat (with no contract i might add) however let's live tito out of this--he's done a great job with what he's had to work with. Most of the team that won in 04 was handed to this FO---most notibly they replaced nomar with o-cab which worked out pretty well:D

after 04 they then dumped o-cab for rent-a-wreck (which i hated), pedro for beckett, lowe for clement, and damon for coco-------------in every area we have taken a step backward and (despite FO banter) don't look like we can take 2 steps forward now. The FO has done a great job selling the "rebuilding process" to the fans--however it won't last long......not making the playoffs doesn't cut it for the 2nd highest payroll in baseball

I can't disagree more on Francona. He's a nice guy but his judgment of MEN is very poor. "I believe in these guys, I like their heart" he keeps repeating like a broken record. Please. He thinks if he taps his heels together and says "There's no place like home" he'll beat the Yankees. He is a clerk and nothing more; he always pulls a pitcher two batters too late. Did you ever ask yourself why? It's not to save the bullpen. It's because he wants to show the pitcher how much he "believes" in him. That attitude makes a good dad but a sub-par manager.

Re:tito

patriotspride said:
i agree with you theo sucks big time and he should be fired .john henry should have let him walk but i dont think francona should be fired hes the least of the redsox problems

disagree....Tito has made absolutely blunderous coaching decisions this year...and should get the axe.....he made horrendous, stupid, and blunderous coaching decisions in his other years here....but got away with it thanks to great players coming through for him at the last minute.....Tito is a marginal coach......

Last edited by a moderator:

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back