PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

530 viewing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willie55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I've noticed when entering the messageboard they have been so many more people viewing than normal. Usually it's 80-100, but lately it's been up near 500, with it being 530 when I logged on this afternoon.

I have also noticed the site running slower. Anybody know why?

Actually it is typically in the mid hundreds throughout the day and into the evening. The high side is usually around 1,100 to 1,200.

Sorry to dampen your excitement but 530 is very typical.

Willie55 said:
I've noticed when entering the messageboard they have been so many more people viewing than normal. Usually it's 80-100, but lately it's been up near 500, with it being 530 when I logged on this afternoon.

I have also noticed the site running slower. Anybody know why?

You just answered your own question :D We're having a much larger flow of traffic which is bogging the server down...making it a challenge but one we'll figure out.

I'm working on getting it fixed....hopefully soon :cool:

Ian

Last edited:
Ian said:
You just answered your own question :D We're having a much larger flow of traffic which is bogging the server down...making it a challenge but one we'll figure out.

Ian

Thank you Ian.

I phrased that wrong. I realize the increase in traffic is slowing down the server, I was wondering why there were so many more people viewing lately.

Ian said:

Ian

Ian, you are the man! Appreciate all your hard work. It's not surprising that the site has been "found" over the past few months!:p

Pretty sure we went over 900 at the height of the Branch soap Opera.

This is the peak that I saw

This is the peak that I saw after the Jets game:

The usage shot up immediately after the Red Sox started tanking. This also explains the large number of hysterical posts we've been experiencing. Normally we don't see those guys till October.

R

I'm sure the exposure on the SI site really helped too.

A great percent of them are guests...

Don't be shy guests, sign up and post.

If there's some breaking news, it can easily be in the 800-900 range and that's when the server has started to slow down in the past.

In addition many fans are likely checking the titles of posts through RSS, and therefore meaningful titles to new posts obviously help.

Willie55 said:
Thank you Ian.

I was wondering why there were so many more people viewing lately.

Two reasons:
1. the team is pretty good;
2. the board is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back