PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

5 year plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailman62

Rookie
Reaction score
long time member new to posting though. Wondering what peoples opinion is on the five year plan to stay competative and in the hunt on a consistent basis? Assuming garrappolo is the answer at QB.

Same as it was when Brady arrived -- strong defense carries developing offense.

Strong defense and a mauling offensive line.

ok. how would you draft going forward? o-line,d-line,line backers,outside receiving threat?

long time member new to posting though. Wondering what peoples opinion is on the five year plan to stay competative and in the hunt on a consistent basis? Assuming garrappolo is the answer at QB.
I really do not think Garopollo is the heir apparent to Brady, I think the Patriots will target a QB in 2016s draft that will be that player. I see Christian Hackenberg as a QB that would be a great fit to lead this team post Brady.

Win 5 more Lombardis. End of story.
Yes, Yes, Yes. TB needs at least one more before he's done. It's almost makes me angry to have been soooo close 2 more times, just to have some players and coaches not show up when it was needed most. :( EDIT: Lets not forget the refs help

I really do not think Garopollo is the heir apparent to Brady, I think the Patriots will target a QB in 2016s draft that will be that player. I see Christian Hackenberg as a QB that would be a great fit to lead this team post Brady.

Why do you think Graps is not the answer?

what I really like about this team is that we have many young players to build around. So we should be able to be competitive now, and in 5 years. It's a pretty young team, especially on defense. I definitely don't see it as a team that should go all in with old guys to win now.

In a league where the average career is less than 4 years, I don't think it makes sense to have a five year plan. Belichick plans for the future, but league trends in passing/defense can change year to year (with Seattle the current flavor of the month).

I'd say current future plans include finding some defensive linemen and or a draft pick for one big guy to replace Wilfork beside Easley. Obviously, trends are changing, but I think they'll need a big athletic guy and they usually cost.

Ridley, Vereen or roll that over. Lock up a couple young receivers from the current or future stock. Lock up the best of the young defense and Revis, if possible.

QB will take care of itself over the years. 5 years is a lifetime there and contract situations mandate decisions before then.

what I really like about this team is that we have many young players to build around. So we should be able to be competitive now, and in 5 years. It's a pretty young team, especially on defense. I definitely don't see it as a team that should go all in with old guys to win now.
Actually the team is relatively young in all areas. They need to replace Wilfork and Brady at some point and be judicious in signing younger players to second contracts. There is a strong basis for optimism for he future. Contrary to the all in for Brady group, I prefer the team building approach.

You think Pats are going to have a top 3 pick?

Heck yeah would love that definitely going to follow that kids career and root for him except when he's playing the Pats.
Would love to see him a Patriot but I don't see it to cost for the top pick In the draft would be way too costly.
If he fell top 5 we could make it happen.
Would you move Brady In the twilight of his career to hope for a young franchise signal caller?
Tough call but if there is a LA franchise anytime soon I could see that move being made by them for the instant star power the team would have not to mention hype and headlines.
Here's hoping Brady plays til he quote sucks and retires a Patriot.

The 5 year plan has been unfolding in front of our eyes, as this team is being rebuilt on the fly... we have gotten younger and "faster" in the past couple of years... and have begun to focus on the D.

As far as Garrapolo goes, he is the first shot at getting it right, if he was not good enough to be considered for #12's replacement, they would try again next year... they have a couple of years to get it right, so we may know next spring if they think they have selected the heir to the throne...

But the subtle change to start to focus on the D has begun...

You think Pats are going to have a top 3 pick?

If the Pats had a top 3 pick you would have to call the riot police and declare martial law on this message board...

If the Pats had a top 3 pick you would have to call the riot police and declare martial law on this message board...

If the Pats had a top 3 pick they would trade it back ...

Actually it probably wouldnt be that bad because all that would be left here are the level headed, rational posters. All 30 of them.

The rest of the fair weather, whiner, miserable, "I have accomplished nothing in my life", "I dont understand anything about the game but I like to pretend I do," idiots would be long gone before it would ever get to that.

Losers, who keep losing, get sent over the edge by more losses.

There is no 5-year plan. Since Kraft arrived, the team has been competitive almost every year, winning more games and playoffs than any other team. Of course, it has been even better since Belichick and Brady arrived.

In almost every year, some part of the offense or defense in the process of transition. The offensive line is currently in transition.

With regard to Brady, Polo is an insurance policy, not an answer. All of us expect Brady to be playing through the end of his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back