PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

5 weeks into FA season, Pats' approach still makes no sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 5 weeks into FA season, PATS approach still makes no sense

There are still some guys out there that could be solid #2 or #3 WRs. Laveranues Coles, Kevin Curtis, Josh Reed, Javon Walker (if he has anything left), Mike Furrey, and Tory Holt. None of those guys are #1 WRs, but the Pats don't need that. They may not need even a #2 depending on how Edelman progresses and/or Welker recovers. Remember Edelman was learning the position last year and potentially has skills that Welker doesn't (although he is probably never going to be the slot receiver Welker was, he might be able to play outside more). There is a chance he turns into a very solid #2 WR this season.

I'd be feeling much better right now if the Pats had already signed one of the guys you mentioned just as insurance. The fact that instead they re-signed Patten (which I thought was a joke when I saw it mentioned; usually not the indicator of a solid signing) tells me they probably feel like they've covered their Vet WR bases.

Even though this off season is different, I will say what I said last off season. If anybody expects the Pats to make a super bowl run in 2010 they MUST get more production from their 2009 draft class and grab a few players in the 2010 draft that can get on the field right away. In the end, it wouldn't shock me to see the Pats go one and done in 2010 because I believe they have too many holes.

IMO, this team will not be contending for a championship unless they get one playmaker on both sides of the ball. Whether that's trading for BMarshall or finding two guys in the draft or maybe Chung or Meriweather matures into a gamechanging ballhawk, I don't care where it comes from, but they need one gamechanging playmaker on both sides of the ball.

I'd be feeling much better right now if the Pats had already signed one of the guys you mentioned just as insurance. The fact that instead they re-signed Patten (which I thought was a joke when I saw it mentioned; usually not the indicator of a solid signing) tells me they probably feel like they've covered their Vet WR bases.

Most of these guys have been on the market for a month or more and not have had any takers. Let's not press the panic button. The Pats will make moves after the draft and there might be one or two other WRs who are better than the ones listed. The Pats are in no rush to sign anyone currently on the market because every team is taking the same approach.

Let's say the Seahawks ever get the deal done for Brandon Marshall. Then Deion Branch might get cut. Or Santonio Holmes might get put on the market because word is the Steelers are going to make an example of him because of the offseason legal troubles on the team and he is in the last year of his deal. I doubt the Pats would make a play for him, but the team acquiring him could let go of a good WR. Say Dez White drops to a team that can't pass him up and has several high paid WR, they might drop one on the market. There are still a lot of possibilities and the Pats know that and know there is no rush to sign anyone on the market because no one is calling them.

Most of these guys have been on the market for a month or more and not have had any takers. Let's not press the panic button. The Pats will make moves after the draft and there might be one or two other WRs who are better than the ones listed. The Pats are in no rush to sign anyone currently on the market because every team is taking the same approach.

Let's say the Seahawks ever get the deal done for Brandon Marshall. Then Deion Branch might get cut. Or Santonio Holmes might get put on the market because word is the Steelers are going to make an example of him because of the offseason legal troubles on the team and he is in the last year of his deal. I doubt the Pats would make a play for him, but the team acquiring him could let go of a good WR. Say Dez White drops to a team that can't pass him up and has several high paid WR, they might drop one on the market. There are still a lot of possibilities and the Pats know that and know there is no rush to sign anyone on the market because no one is calling them.

You're right, all of that could happen. But one of Mike Lombari's (many) aphorisms that I find often rings true is: Don't confuse hope with a plan.

Right now on the outside it appears the Pats might be doing more of the latter -- hoping Tate develops, hoping a WR they value falls to them, hoping Welker recovers quickly, hoping that so-and-so gets signed so Team X cuts player Y -- vs. having an actual plan and going after specific players they want for their system. I'd feel much better if they were even making small-time trades for the Greg Lewises of the world, because even though it didn't work out it was a plan.

My concern about this whole thread is......Where is Deus's Chicken Little character post?

5 weeks into FA season, ramon is still a dumbass.

You're right, all of that could happen. But one of Mike Lombari's (many) aphorisms that I find often rings true is: Don't confuse hope with a plan.

Right now on the outside it appears the Pats might be doing more of the latter -- hoping Tate develops, hoping a WR they value falls to them, hoping Welker recovers quickly, hoping that so-and-so gets signed so Team X cuts player Y -- vs. having an actual plan and going after specific players they want for their system. I'd feel much better if they were even making small-time trades for the Greg Lewises of the world, because even though it didn't work out it was a plan.

I don't follow you. The Pats have multiple 2nd round picks in a uniquely deep draft and two first round picks in 2011 (a predicted top-heavy and shallow draft). You don't think that is part of a plan? As far as player acquisition/retention, I get the impression that Belichick has exactly the players he wanted and has rid the team of the rest.

I have exactly the opposite take from you. Belichick has more than hope regarding Tate and Welker...he has information. He has a good idea who is going to be around when his draft spots come up. I doubt he is counting on players being released but I bet he is ready if certain players are let go.

What you see as confusion, I see as absolutely methodical step-by-step team building. Where you see hoping, I see preparation and analysis. What you assume are missed opportunities, I see patience.

You can hate the moves that Belichick makes since he does make his share of mistakes, but I'm not sure how you can think he doesn't have a plan. In fact, his mistakes may be due to sticking to his plan too rigidly and not allowing himself to deviate and "hope" for something more.

Let me leave you with a saying that I try to remember: Don't mistake activity for achievement.

Last edited:

I don't follow you. The Pats have multiple 2nd round picks in a uniquely deep draft and two first round picks in 2011 (a predicted top-heavy and shallow draft). You don't think that is part of a plan? As far as player acquisition/retention, I get the impression that Belichick has exactly the players he wanted and has rid the team of the rest.

I have exactly the opposite take from you. Belichick has more than hope regarding Tate and Welker...he has information. He has a good idea who is going to be around when his draft spots come up. I doubt he is counting on players being released but I bet he is ready if certain players are let go.

What you see as confusion, I see as absolutely methodical step-by-step team building. Where you see hoping, I see preparation and projections. What you assume as missed opportunities, I see patience.

You can hate the moves that Belichick makes since he does make his share of mistakes, but I'm not sure how you can think he doesn't have a plan. In fact, his mistakes may be due to sticking to his plan too rigidly and allowing himself to deviate and "hope" for something more.

Let me leave you with a saying that I try to remember: Don't mistake activity for achievement.

Your view of the situation is valid and I respect that, but I just see a Hall of Fame QB with a giant void at WR2 and I scratch my head.

Let's just say if Sam Aiken is lining up at WR on Week 1, it's time to start dreaming about 2011 and Oakland's draft pick.

Your view of the situation is valid and I respect that, but I just see a Hall of Fame QB with a giant void at WR2 and I scratch my head.

Let's just say if Sam Aiken is lining up at WR on Week 1, it's time to start dreaming about 2011 and Oakland's draft pick.

If Sam Aiken is our #2 WR for even half of the season,I would start dreaming about OUR OWN draft pick in 2011,It could be higher than Oakland's :eek:

ramon + DW Toys = instant skim.

There are some complete 'tards using this forum.

Those who read this board know that Toys and myself usually find ourselves at opposite ends of most debates, but looking at this one by one, I have to say he has presented several decent proposals. Some, I personally wouldn't love, but certainly they all deserve at least and honest look

1-RFA Brandon Marshall WR (hate the person, love the player but he will cost) He makes the Pats better in one signing. He costs us our #22 but he is insurance for Moss and 26 years old.

This would make sense, though I doubt it will happen because Denver will likely get a better pick than 22, like trading Marshall for Seattle's first round 2nd pick. There is no questioning Marshall's talent. If you make this deal, you do it with the understanding that as he gets older, Marshall could mature. That is the risk, but the reward, even when he HAS been a ****, has been superior production. All our players don't have to be heart warming stories.

2-RFA Ray Edwards DE/OLB. He costs us our #22. He will be money to resign but I don't expect too bad. Don't give me baloney that he is good because he played on a good D Line unless you are telling me Warren and Wilfork are a weak link here.11 sacks in his last 11 games and only 25. There is absolutely not one player in this Draft at #22 or down better. No one will disagree with me. Biggest no-brainer move for the Pats in 2010.

I agree. I would love this scenario. IF one of our main objects is to upgrade the DE position for the next 4-5 years. Edwards would make a great pick, over the "POTENTIAL" of any prospect that may be available at 22. My only reservation would be if the Pats FO have determined that his skills don't "fit" in our system.

3-Greg Olsen TE. We need a move TE, He is also 25 and 70 receptions last year. It has been stated (and not by me Mr. DeB) that the Bears have interest in James Sanders. Yet we are throwing about the idea of going for Gronkowski, McCoy or Pita (same age). How the hell does that make sense if you can get Olsen for Sanders and or a lower pick? The Bears picked up another vet TE anyway

This idea has merit, though I wonder if a "pass catching" TE would have great value....IF the Pats vastly upgrade at WR. If they don't, than something like this wouldn't be a bad idea. Olsen is a proven commodity, Pita, McCoy, and Gronk AREN'T

4-Steve Smith WR (Panthers). I have thrown this out there not by fact but reason. Smith is 31. Older WR has never been a problem for the Pats. Smith can still stretch the field. He has a present reasonable contract until 2013. He has indicated that they need to dial up someone else to take #1 WR duties. They have basically a rookie QB. They will run more with this kid which can't make Smith happy. At big issue, the Panthers do not have many Draft choices nor a #1 pick and they are in rebuilding mode. One of our second should look attractive. Smith still plays at a high level and again insurance for Moss if he leaves. Also less double teams for Moss and Welker (et al). Smith could catch 80 here in 2010. He is also a highly emotional, gung ho presence in the locker room and plays with attitude.

This idea appeals to me. Smith is an absolute gamer. The best WR under 6' in the league. A perfect fit to play opposite Moss, and at this stage of his career mentally prepared to the the 2nd or 3rd option

5-Adam Carriker DE. He is being sought by many Teams because he was miscast as a DT by the Rams and added 20lbs and got hurt. He had a decent rookie season and has been dinged. Now over surgery I see him as the best DE "On the Board" at one of our lower seconds or mid round picks. He is only 26 and has NFL experience. His measurables are better than any DE in the second round or lower. My thought is the Rams need an DT in trade etc, so they can go after Bradford. Would our last year second rounder who was miscast as a NT, Brace be enough with a lower rounder to get Carriker? Sorry to all you non Carriker fans who doth protest. He is being sought by many NFL Teams so one would think they are smarter than you or I. Lose the 20lbs and he will be a great 3-4 DE. Also some of you actually would have us Draft Ordick (including El Presidente)....why?

This is outside the box, but I'm not confident about Brace's development, and Carriker SHOULD be and upgrade. So if that's the cost why not.

6-Washington could move Cooley and Santana Moss. They need picks for Shanny. I think Shanny prefers his old buddy Sheffler the TE who the Broncos want to move. Some Patriots picks for these two make sense. Moss has a decent contract and for only this year is you want to do the now infamous Patriots "test drive". He is just 30 and 70 receptions from Campbell last year. Cooley is only 27 and recovered from a broken ankle. There is your pass catching TE who can split out like Clark. He ain't Watson! In fact he had as many receptions as Watson did the whole year, in 7 games. Here is something I have thought about. The Skins could be a player for AD. Why on earth? They have no picks, need an OLB to play opposite Orapko and are switching to a 3-4 and have no players on that Defense let alone LBs with 3-4 experience. Snyder would be able to pay AD.

I'm no fan of SMoss, and I wonder if Cooley would be effective in this style of offense where the slot WR is getting most of the Patterns that Cooley generally runs. I am also one of the few here that hopes AD is back for another year. IMHO he's one of those players who isn't as good as we hoped, but not as bad as it appears.

7-Speaking of the Skins. Would I take Haynesworth at $16m (9 million guaranteed) for three years only? Yep for a lower second rounder, why not? He is only 29. They say he takes plays off. Seems we had an ALL PRO DE that did some of that and we kept him for a while because when they want to play both players could dominate. When is the key.

Now this is one that I recently was thinking about. He could be a BEAR at DE for us, and the 3 year money is VERY reasonable for a guy with that kind of talent. A second rounder for a pick starved team could be a fair trade, for a former DPOY, who would be playing for his last contract.

(7a? How about Haynesworth, Cooley and Santana Moss for a couple of seconds perhaps #47 and #53 and AD who is really a need for them? If fills needed positions with quality. Yep they are not 21 and yes they will cost more, but this Block Buster still gives us some decent Draft picks to get younger and makes the Pats a front runner for the Super Bowl over what we have now and some kid Draft choices versus a trio of experienced Pro Bowl players (2) in their prime.....just sayin)

8-I am no fan of Merimman, but the Chargers would move him and could he make the defense any better? Will he come back form his injuries (or roids)? You can trade not a #1 pick for him I am sure. Gamble yes. Younger yes.

OK now we are getting up into fantasy land.

9-Jared Gaither OT Ravens. What? Not sexy? This guy could be had for a second or third and is only 24. He's got to be an upgrade on Kcazur who is now 30. This allows us to see if Volmer can take over LT. Maybe we pick up something then for Light (and he is one of my all time Pats but at the end of his contract and we know what has been the climate of the Pats FO if they have a capable replacement in line). The Bears, Redskins and Seahawks could be a landing spot.

How do we know if he'd be an upgrade over Kaczur. I'm happy with our OL for this year. Don't you have to ask the question, of WHY would the Ravens be shopping a 24 year old quality OLman?????

10-T.O.? I don't know but he is an upgrade on anything we have at #3. The reports on Mr. Tate suggest good KR and mediocre WR so why are we all hyped about him. Aiken? A 5 catch per year guy ST player. Patten?........Makes me feel young. I think that although I am not a big T.O. fan he wins at least a few games for us in 2010. Look at it that way when you critique some of these players. ...Can they win a game or two?

I'm on the record for being on board if we signed TO, but I think that "reports" about Tate being a "mediocre" WR are way too premature.

So ramon isn't all wrong. He is not whining. He speaks the truth. Hopefully some of these ideas or similar the Pats might have in the works. Only a homer would day we have had a great off season so far. Everyone said patience yet some decent players have come and gone that could have helped this team like Boldin, Wimbley and Gocong (not your Peppers or Dansby so you Madden lovers back off). I am not buying into Murrell, Crumpler or an short squat 32 year old DT as making this a great off-season and the Draft is great but we need way more Cousins.
DW Toys

What was wrong with ramon post was his tone and the insinuation that all is lost and we are going to hell in a handbasket. Gocong WAS NOT any answer. Wimbley might have been because BB is on record for liking him, but for some reason didn't pull the trigger. You have to ask why, but we don't have the full data for any of these moves. And I'm happy we didn't spend to get Boldin.

The point Toys, is that some people are going chicken little on us, when the reality is that ALL 10 of your propositions could STILL happen. And we know that only one or 2 would satisfy most of us. Its just TOO early to even BEGIN to project a good or bad off season. MAYBE when training camp starts, you can begin to think about it, but we all know that it isn't until September that you can really begin to assess what the FO has done, and even then it won't be until Feb that we REALLY will know how they did.

Last edited:

Ramon, thank you for perfectly stating the exact OPPOSITE of how I feel. Imagine if the Patriots had added Wilfork, Bodden, Banta-Cain, Crumpler, and others to last year's team. Everyone would be claiming the Patriots somehow cheated of colluded to get all these great players. The Pats priority this year was to re-sign it's core players and get younger and faster on defense. Something tells me that Ramon will not be posting here come fall when this team is re-loaded with talent.

Go Pats!

O.K. This is nuts. ramon is right. We seem to believe on this site that Brady is going to last forever. In case you guys want to know and that includes the De Facto Presidente of this site, "lil Ceasar" DeBruinz because he will comment on anything I write beacuse he never adds anything and he needs to wake up this morning anyway (good morning Cousin!). All hail to you DeB!

You want a list? Here goes.

These "resigns" should have already have been done and never had to happen this off season anyway, These should have all been finished prior so any "homer" that thinks the Patriots F.O. "did their job", they did not (well they did but better late than never). It sounds good but if you think that this made for a good off-season you are kidding yourself. You have got 14 holes to fill and you resigned the same guys who we walked off the field with against the Ravens. Have we gotten one bit better?

If you also are delusional and think that signing twelve 21 year old kids are going to make our problems go away and the holes all filled, you are kidding yourself. 18% of those picks will make a difference by year 2013 upon NFL average. That is 2.16 players (say 3) will become "full time long term starters", "solid upper tier contributors" (kicker, punter, returner) or "All Pro present or potential" picks. That is just three Cousins. If we hit on four it will be considered a monster 2010 Draft for the Patriots. Now what do we do about the other holes? Plug in some JAGS or attempt to make the Team better by FAs or....trades (which is what I believe Cousin ramon could have meant as well).

You have some quality players that will make a difference in 2010 (not 2013...please remember TB isn't getting younger) that you can get. Some are not really my cup of tea but they make us better. Some are going to cost too much to sign which is a huge consideration.

I don't care what the homers say, the Pats fell asleep on the Boldin deal. I am not giving that a "In BB we Trust" certification. That was a pure FO "My Bad".

You have a list of players that can make a difference that you can really get. All you very sarcastic Cousins don't give me any Madden crap. I wouldn't even know who is on the cover of that kids game. Yes some are way too expensive to fit but here is a list of trades and FAs that can make this team better and I am not a personal fan of some.

1-RFA Brandon Marshall WR (hate the person, love the player but he will cost) He makes the Pats better in one signing. He costs us our #22 but he is insurance for Moss and 26 years old.

2-RFA Ray Edwards DE/OLB. He costs us our #22. He will be money to resign but I don't expect too bad. Don't give me baloney that he is good because he played on a good D Line unless you are telling me Warren and Wilfork are a weak link here.11 sacks in his last 11 games and only 25. There is absolutely not one player in this Draft at #22 or down better. No one will disagree with me. Biggest no-brainer move for the Pats in 2010.

3-Greg Olsen TE. We need a move TE, He is also 25 and 70 receptions last year. It has been stated (and not by me Mr. DeB) that the Bears have interest in James Sanders. Yet we are throwing about the idea of going for Gronkowski, McCoy or Pita (same age). How the hell does that make sense if you can get Olsen for Sanders and or a lower pick? The Bears picked up another vet TE anyway.

4-Steve Smith WR (Panthers). I have thrown this out there not by fact but reason. Smith is 31. Older WR has never been a problem for the Pats. Smith can still stretch the field. He has a present reasonable contract until 2013. He has indicated that they need to dial up someone else to take #1 WR duties. They have basically a rookie QB. They will run more with this kid which can't make Smith happy. At big issue, the Panthers do not have many Draft choices nor a #1 pick and they are in rebuilding mode. One of our second should look attractive. Smith still plays at a high level and again insurance for Moss if he leaves. Also less double teams for Moss and Welker (et al). Smith could catch 80 here in 2010. He is also a highly emotional, gung ho presence in the locker room and plays with attitude.

5-Adam Carriker DE. He is being sought by many Teams because he was miscast as a DT by the Rams and added 20lbs and got hurt. He had a decent rookie season and has been dinged. Now over surgery I see him as the best DE "On the Board" at one of our lower seconds or mid round picks. He is only 26 and has NFL experience. His measurables are better than any DE in the second round or lower. My thought is the Rams need an DT in trade etc, so they can go after Bradford. Would our last year second rounder who was miscast as a NT, Brace be enough with a lower rounder to get Carriker? Sorry to all you non Carriker fans who doth protest. He is being sought by many NFL Teams so one would think they are smarter than you or I. Lose the 20lbs and he will be a great 3-4 DE. Also some of you actually would have us Draft Ordick (including El Presidente)....why?

6-Washington could move Cooley and Santana Moss. They need picks for Shanny. I think Shanny prefers his old buddy Sheffler the TE who the Broncos want to move. Some Patriots picks for these two make sense. Moss has a decent contract and for only this year is you want to do the now infamous Patriots "test drive". He is just 30 and 70 receptions from Campbell last year. Cooley is only 27 and recovered from a broken ankle. There is your pass catching TE who can split out like Clark. He ain't Watson! In fact he had as many receptions as Watson did the whole year, in 7 games. Here is something I have thought about. The Skins could be a player for AD. Why on earth? They have no picks, need an OLB to play opposite Orapko and are switching to a 3-4 and have no players on that Defense let alone LBs with 3-4 experience. Snyder would be able to pay AD.

7-Speaking of the Skins. Would I take Haynesworth at $16m (9 million guaranteed) for three years only? Yep for a lower second rounder, why not? He is only 29. They say he takes plays off. Seems we had an ALL PRO DE that did some of that and we kept him for a while because when they want to play both players could dominate. When is the key.

(7a? How about Haynesworth, Cooley and Santana Moss for a couple of seconds perhaps #47 and #53 and AD who is really a need for them? If fills needed positions with quality. Yep they are not 21 and yes they will cost more, but this Block Buster still gives us some decent Draft picks to get younger and makes the Pats a front runner for the Super Bowl over what we have now and some kid Draft choices versus a trio of experienced Pro Bowl players (2) in their prime.....just sayin)

8-I am no fan of Merimman, but the Chargers would move him and could he make the defense any better? Will he come back form his injuries (or roids)? You can trade not a #1 pick for him I am sure. Gamble yes. Younger yes.

9-Jared Gaither OT Ravens. What? Not sexy? This guy could be had for a second or third and is only 24. He's got to be an upgrade on Kcazur who is now 30. This allows us to see if Volmer can take over LT. Maybe we pick up something then for Light (and he is one of my all time Pats but at the end of his contract and we know what has been the climate of the Pats FO if they have a capable replacement in line). The Bears, Redskins and Seahawks could be a landing spot.

10-T.O.? I don't know but he is an upgrade on anything we have at #3. The reports on Mr. Tate suggest good KR and mediocre WR so why are we all hyped about him. Aiken? A 5 catch per year guy ST player. Patten?........Makes me feel young. I think that although I am not a big T.O. fan he wins at least a few games for us in 2010. Look at it that way when you critique some of these players. ...Can they win a game or two?

So ramon isn't all wrong. He is not whining. He speaks the truth. Hopefully some of these ideas or similar the Pats might have in the works. Only a homer would day we have had a great off season so far. Everyone said patience yet some decent players have come and gone that could have helped this team like Boldin, Wimbley and Gocong (not your Peppers or Dansby so you Madden lovers back off). I am not buying into Murrell, Crumpler or an short squat 32 year old DT as making this a great off-season and the Draft is great but we need way more Cousins.
DW Toys

I think what some are pointing out is that ramon doesn't seem to realize we haven't hit the draft yet as he's making his criticisms.

Some potential trades that you mentioned wouldn't - in fact couldn't - happen until draft day.

Take Brandon Marshall. As of now no one is biting on him. His trade value could drop and any number of teams - including the Patriots - could have an agreement in principle with the Broncos to consumate a trade either for a 1st round pick or, seeing as demand for Marshall is lower, a 2nd round pick.

If you're Denver you don't want to announce that trade until the trading team is on the clock.

I'm not saying BB has it all orchestrated but I think he is prepared to make more, very signficant moves and trades and a lot of people are going to be chagrined for thinking he was asleep at the wheel.

That being said, BB has made mistakes, and the Reche Caldwell era is one in particular that comes to mind.

I wouldn't have had a problem with bringing in Stallworth, especially given that he had experience in the system and would have came dirt cheap. But Matt Jones is just not a good WR at all.

Jones has been mal-coached by Jack Del Rio & Carl Smith (who was lousy here as Pete Carroll's coach, too). He may not ever be very good, but he's big, fast, has OK hands & is still young. I would've taken a chance on him.

There are still some guys out there that could be solid #2 or #3 WRs. Laveranues Coles, Kevin Curtis, Josh Reed, Javon Walker (if he has anything left), Mike Furrey, and Tory Holt. None of those guys are #1 WRs, but the Pats don't need that. They may not need even a #2 depending on how Edelman progresses and/or Welker recovers. Remember Edelman was learning the position last year and potentially has skills that Welker doesn't (although he is probably never going to be the slot receiver Welker was, he might be able to play outside more). There is a chance he turns into a very solid #2 WR this season.

I assume Coke Zero is TO? I don't want him. He is all about him. The Pats don't need him.

As far as Stallworth, the guy was sliding down the depth charts when he was here in 2007. He was good for maybe one big play a game (if that), but not a whole lot else. He would have been a good 4th WR if he could play special teams. The guy wasn't a consistent player here.

I bolded the WRs whose tires I too would like to see Bill kick.

Stallworth is not without his flaws, and by 2007's end he was #4 behind Moss, Welker & Gaffney; but he would be the #2 WR here right now, and he knows our offense better than any other ex-Pat WR (besides Gaffney, who's going nowhere).

You know how you can tell when a poster has made an expected unpopular thread up just to piss members off?

When he posts a thread complaining of a lot of stuff yet never sticks around to respond to anyone thereafter.

I think Ramon is sitting back and laughing and just enjoying all the chaos and controversy in his thread which actually feeds thier desire to be involved in this forum....IMO we are all suckers who are getting strung along as he expected us to be.

Last edited:

Matt Jones?!? Why would the Pats want Matt Jones? Even without his drug problem, I don't know why the Pats would want the guy. Add his drug problems and the fact that he sat out the 2009 season because no one wanted him, and even mentioning him is a head scratcher.

I think that teams wanted to see if Jones could stay out of trouble for a year, before they thought about signing him. I don't know about his ST prowess, but he's proven to be a better pass-catching threat than Aiken, Slater & Stanback (which isn't saying much, at all).

I think that teams wanted to see if Jones could stay out of trouble for a year, before they thought about signing him. I don't know about his ST prowess, but he's proven to be a better pass-catching threat than Aiken, Slater & Stanback (which isn't saying much, at all).

Jones is a Bengal ,correct?

What you see as confusion, I see as absolutely methodical step-by-step team building. Where you see hoping, I see preparation and analysis. What you assume are missed opportunities, I see patience.

You can hate the moves that Belichick makes since he does make his share of mistakes, but I'm not sure how you can think he doesn't have a plan. In fact, his mistakes may be due to sticking to his plan too rigidly and not allowing himself to deviate and "hope" for something more.

Magnificent point. "Belichick has more than hope regarding Tate and Welker...he has information"
DW Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back