PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

5 weeks into FA season, Pats' approach still makes no sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the Jets now have a very limited draft (only 5 picks, 1,2,4,6,7) that makes sense for the Jets. But the Pats have enough choices that it is very likely they will get significantly more benefit from this draft.

In other words, the Jets had little choice other than continue to be aggressive once they started trading away this year's picks.
There's nothing wrong with the Jets deciding they wanted to attack team compilation through free agency rather than the draft. They still have the opportunity at the draft, just in a lesser capacity.

It's not like people haven't seen this approach before...

There's nothing wrong with the Jets deciding they wanted to attack team compilation through free agency rather than the draft. They still have the opportunity at the draft, just in a lesser capacity.

It's not like people haven't seen this approach before...

Bingo, like 2007!

The Offseason makes even less sense now.
Jets pick up a bona fide #2 receiver for a 5th round pick?

The Patriots do have to compete with the JETS ...time to wake up and start bringing in some veteran talent.

There is no WR in the draft who will produce this year like Homes...absolute steal for jets.

Ramon, on the surface it looks like a positive steal. However you have to ask yourself one question. Why is it that 28 team who could have made a better offer to the Steelers, DIDN'T. Another question that has to be answered is, why would the Steelers be so DESPERATE to get rid of their number 1 receiver. A guy who was the Superbowl MVP just 2 years ago, and put up 1200+ yds of production just last season??????

CLearly there is more about this than we as fans can determine. There are a lot of reasons for Pats fans to hate the steelers, but we all have to admit that they are ONE of the few teams in the league who has remained competitive over a long period of time. They are NOT a stupid organization.

All that being said, if I had awoken this morning to hear that the Pats had traded a 5th for Santonio Holmes, I would have been thrilled with the acquisition.

The lack of excitement on this board is palpable. The wind has been taken out of most fans' sails by this passive offseason approach.

Still makes No sense whatsoever.
Brady in his prime with a few more years left. Why not go all out now...like the JETS and try to win it while you still can.

Rely on ROOKIES to get you over the hump, including three second round drat picks...how does that make sense.

OK so they didn't want to pay big bucks to Peppers or Boldin...there still were many VETERANS who could have helped this team. Damion Lewis and Alge Crumpler thats how they make this team better

One thing is certain...if the PATS don't pick up some veteran playmakers they will not compete with the Jets or Dolphins this year.

This offseason sucks...and if you think the draft will make it all better...give it up

By the way one more thing... this board used to have a lot more interesting threads on a daily basis...but the homers out here have managed to try to scare away anyone with an independent opinion...and they have done a great job...look at this board it is DEAD

and I will say it in advance to those of you who will try to rip me a new one...(Please be quiet - edited)

I have to agree. I don't understand what the heck is going on this offseason. So far we have made one addition to the team: An old and injury-prone TE, Alge Crumpler. Meanwhile other teams like the Jets are making huge moves almost on a weekly basis. I think we may be making a big mistake... But time will tell. Hopefully Bill has a good plan for the draft and after.

I have to agree. I don't understand what the heck is going on this offseason. So far we have made one addition to the team: An old and injury-prone TE, Alge Crumpler. Meanwhile other teams like the Jets are making huge moves almost on a weekly basis. I think we may be making a big mistake... But time will tell. Hopefully Bill has a good plan for the draft and after.

Meh. Dan Snyder's been doing this for 10 years, and the Cowboys, Eagles, and Giants don't run for the hills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back