PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

5 upcoming monster games for NE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most peoeple who attend concerts want to hear the songs they know & love and not a 40 minute drug-hazed jam. Mushrooms and the like may convince some old Dead-heads the jams are really cool, but they really weren't.

Please don't start with the "how many shows" stuff, workhorse...Dead Heads always measure themselves by the number of shows they've been to. # of shows attended means nothing but the number of shows attended. I hope you agree and I don't need to convince you of this.

That was why my college experience made me burn my bandana's and Dead denim jacket.

I've been to a few...hope thats good

I'll never forget the shroomed-out guy with the frisbee and the dog with a bandana collar telling me all the shows he's been to and when he finally asked me "hey man, ever been to the Telluride festival?". That was the moment I began to throw up and stopped being a deadhead....

Although I still love the music, just not the culture...like, know what I mean man? ;)

What was "the Telluride fesival"?

I wasn't into the dead much until after college. I COULD have gone in HS (mid 80s) and college, that would have been something to remember.

Have you ever tried "****'s Picks"? They are live versions of the shows from various eras taking only the best shows. I have a show from May of 1977, 6 disks, and it's just classic. Plus there is REckoning and Dead Set, I like those a lot.

What year did you go to their show? They changed a lot over the years, I can't stand their 60s stuff, don't even like Europe 72 very much. I think 77 to the early 80s were pretty much their best.

Most peoeple who attend concerts want to hear the songs they know & love and not a 40 minute drug-hazed jam. Mushrooms and the like may convince some old Dead-heads the jams are really cool, but they really weren't.

Please don't start with the "how many shows" stuff, workhorse...Dead Heads always measure themselves by the number of shows they've been to. # of shows attended means nothing but the number of shows attended. I hope you agree and I don't need to convince you of this.

That was why my college experience made me burn my bandana's and Dead denim jacket.

I've been to a few...hope thats good

I'll never forget the shroomed-out guy with the frisbee and the dog with a bandana collar telling me all the shows he's been to and when he finally asked me "hey man, ever been to the Telluride festival?". That was the moment I began to throw up and stopped being a deadhead....

Although I still love the music, just not the culture...like, know what I mean man? ;)

I was asking about the number just because some people that just go to one show may not get it.

I loved it every time I went to a show. Sometimes the james would wander, but the ability to improv as a whole group was great.

One of the best things about going to a show was not knowing what you were going to hear and knowing that if you saw them the night before, you were going to see a whole new set list.

What was "the Telluride fesival"?

I wasn't into the dead much until after college. I COULD have gone in HS (mid 80s) and college, that would have been something to remember.

Have you ever tried "****'s Picks"? They are live versions of the shows from various eras taking only the best shows. I have a show from May of 1977, 6 disks, and it's just classic. Plus there is REckoning and Dead Set, I like those a lot.

What year did you go to their show? They changed a lot over the years, I can't stand their 60s stuff, don't even like Europe 72 very much. I think 77 to the early 80s were pretty much their best.

Telluride is a bluegrass festival. No Europe 72? That's good stuff. There are show really good ****'s Picks out there.

Indy could be a loss. We will KILL Pitt.

Baltimore could be toughest of all opposition

Awesome defense from head to toe and Brady will NOT have 5 seconds in the pocket so in order to win that game you will probably see lots of short screens and such to counter the pressure from the front 7 who are all pretty good.

I doubt Brady throws for big yardage in that prime time tilt and it will probably be a low scoring affair - I bet 17 or 20 points wins that game.

Good post despite the random dead chatter. Yes the Pats have some VERY tough games left on the schedule starting today in Miami. The cake schedule crap is just that crap. The Raven have the easiest schedule in the AFC. The Pats have perhaps the toughest in the conference.

Im looking forward to the Colts and the Steelers games...and to Indy I can say that >> Look out Patriot vengeance is coming your way !!! :rocker:

I would probably take the Skins off that list. maybe if you traveled to RFK, but I don't see Campbell as the secong coming of anyone. Pitt, Ravens, Giants, Colts are where a game will be lost, if there is one to be had. I don't think you play any of these in consecutive weeks, do you??

Pitt and Balt are in consecutive weeks, with Pitt a short week.

Pitt and Balt are in consecutive weeks, with Pitt a short week.
That is another reason why the Pitts game may be tougher...two physical teams and a short week...I would do the best to get a big lead early in Balt...to rest some of the players..If a team gets a big lead early, Balt can not catch up

That is another reason why the Pitts game may be tougher...two physical teams and a short week...I would do the best to get a big lead early in Balt...to rest some of the players..If a team gets a big lead early, Balt can not catch up

Lead doesn't have to be real big against the Baltimore offense. 10 points should be more than enough. They can't score TDs on offense. Almost all their redzone appearances result in a Stover FG.

Until I see a weakness in the Pats, I can't find any way either of these teams come out on top of the Pats. There would have to be a breakdown of either the O, the D, or both, and I can't see that happening with the experience on D and Brady. I might be able to see it if and when it happens, but until then....

I was asking about the number just because some people that just go to one show may not get it.

I loved it every time I went to a show. Sometimes the james would wander, but the ability to improv as a whole group was great.

One of the best things about going to a show was not knowing what you were going to hear and knowing that if you saw them the night before, you were going to see a whole new set list.

Telluride is a bluegrass festival. No Europe 72? That's good stuff. There are show really good ****'s Picks out there.

So workhorse...how old are you? I graduated hs in '77 myself. Even some of your comments are the things that really turned me off about Dead heads. Going to shows several nights in a row. And then you had those who followed them around as if Grateful Dead was a way of life and not just a band.

Ever hear that little known bluegrass albulm they made with the song "old & in the way"?

I know its already been said but I would take the Skins of the initial list. I live in the DC area so their games are always on TV. Campbell is very inconsistant at QB. I mean he only has one game with more than one TD and has a 5/4 TD/Int ratio. Their defense is better this year than how bad it was last year but its still not anywhere near good enough to stop the Patriots.

Don't get me wrong because any team could beat the Pats if they have a bad game but I just don't think Washington is a threat if the Pats are on their game.

Mac Herron's cousin from back in the day. You wouldn't know, you're too young.:D

i'm actually a huge bluegrass fan btw

not sure how many dead shows I went to either, but i never 'toured' with them, nor was i one of those far gone freaks...i just did and still do enjoy jam music and acoustic strings...

OAITW was followed by 2 other albums and then a reunion album called Old and In The Gray...Jerry Garcia played banjo long before starting the Warlocks and then the Dead...and such albums as Workingman's Dead, Almost Acoustic and Shady Grove show his interest in traditional American music...

I personally prefer Pete Rowan...but whatever...its all good...

So workhorse...how old are you? I graduated hs in '77 myself. Even some of your comments are the things that really turned me off about Dead heads. Going to shows several nights in a row. And then you had those who followed them around as if Grateful Dead was a way of life and not just a band.

Ever hear that little known bluegrass albulm they made with the song "old & in the way"?

I'm 36, so I caught the tail end years of the Dead. What comments would have turned you off? I would go to show several nights in a row every summer, but I had a job or school so that's all I could manage.

Ya, I have some of the bluegrass stuff. Is Not for Kids Only the Old and In the Way you are talking about? You should check out Jerry's stuff with David Grisman if you are a fan of bluegrass. They had some really good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back