PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

5 upcoming monster games for NE

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcbee

Banned
Reaction score
All of these games are harder than any they've played this season, IMO.

Washington (great defense)
Indy (great offense, difficult stadium, effective defense)
Pittsburgh (great defense)
Baltimore (great defense)
Giants (great pass rush)

So I don't know, not to be a negative nancy or anything but wow, those are tough games. I can see why the coach hates the 16-0 talk. If they manage 13-3 they could still easily win the SB, but the players would feel like they've failed and be kind of down. That is if they buy into the talk.

The Giants secondary isn't good at all. The Redskins o-line is trash right now because of injuries. And the Ravens offense doesn't really scare anybody. I really don't think any of those games are harder than the Cowboys game.

The Giants game is probably going to be meaningless if they're not 15 - 0 going into it. Fans of other NFC East teams will probably find it annoying but there is really no reason for the Patriots to risk injury in that game if it isn't going to dicate playoff seeding or help put them in the record books.

The real tough games are Indy and Pittsburgh. It being the NFL, there will be some other tough game along the way, but probably not from where you'd expect.

You're right. Those teams are going to be tough.
In fact, before we get ahead of ourselves you can throw in Miami.
We don't win there too often.
Yet some how, I think the Pats will prevail.

Indy and Pittsburgh,we want to beat them for home field advantage in the playoffs,likely we will see them again.

i would not exactly call them monster games...

after this weeks miami game, i think there are two significant games left...IND and PIT

They may not be monster games but they are all very competitive games.

At this point I'll be happy with a win over Indy and winning as many games as they do so we can have home field.

If we can get home field for the playoffs it will be a successful regular season regardless of the number of wins.

I would probably take the Skins off that list. maybe if you traveled to RFK, but I don't see Campbell as the secong coming of anyone. Pitt, Ravens, Giants, Colts are where a game will be lost, if there is one to be had. I don't think you play any of these in consecutive weeks, do you??

I am of the opinion that one dimensional teams without a top quality QB are not capable of beating us.

For me that rules out Washington, the Giants, and Baltimore right off the bat.

We will simply take the running game away from these teams and force them to throw.

We may not be offensively dominant against either the 'skins or Baltimore but we'll have enough points by half time to win.

Pittsburgh has nice balance, but it reamins to be seen what Roethlisberger will do when his running game is shut down.

The Colts are the Colts - always a huge game.

Giants (great pass rush)

So I don't know, not to be a negative nancy or anything but wow, those are tough games. I can see why the coach hates the 16-0 talk. If they manage 13-3 they could still easily win the SB, but the players would feel like they've failed and be kind of down. That is if they buy into the talk.

Isn't that an old Grateful Dead song on your sig? I was a Dead-Head years ago...they played at my college (UMass, Amherst) and they just "jammed" for the majority of the concert...and the crowd was all wasted and passed out all over the place. I still like their music, but that was one of the worst concerts I've ever been to...American Beauty, man!:rocker:

Isn't that an old Grateful Dead song on your sig? I was a Dead-Head years ago...they played at my college (UMass, Amherst) and they just "jammed" for the majority of the concert...and the crowd was all wasted and passed out all over the place. I still like their music, but that was one of the worst concerts I've ever been to...American Beauty, man!:rocker:

It's Dire Wolf. The Dead jammed at nearly all of their shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbee
, not to be a negative nancy or anything

whattaya want? he's a dead-head.

"Reach out your hand if your cup be empty,
If your cup is full may it be again,
Let it be known there is a fountain,
That was not made by the hands of men."

GD

It's Dire Wolf. The Dead jammed at nearly all of their shows.

I know...and it made for a boring concert:cool:

Saw the Eagles with Fleetwood Mac back in '78...one of the best ever!

Giants (great pass rush)

I don't think the players have bought into the 16--0 talk. I think they remember what happened in Miami last year and before, and that they are focused on tomorrow's game.

I actually hope that we can rest our starters in the Giants game, as I've watched their Pass Rush every week here in NYC and I don't want Tommy standing in there against it in a meaningful game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbee
, not to be a negative nancy or anything

whattaya want? he's a dead-head.

"Reach out your hand if your cup be empty,
If your cup is full may it be again,
Let it be known there is a fountain,
That was not made by the hands of men."

GD

Brokedown is one of my alltimers, but Ripple is right up there.

I know...and it made for a boring concert:cool:

Saw the Eagles with Fleetwood Mac back in '78...one of the best ever!

That's what made it great. How many shows have you been to?

Last edited:
The 'Skins and the Gints are NFC teams and play here. And Tom is a lot quicker thinker and trigger puller than McNabb, and BB won't hang his Oline out to dry because we have TE and RB taught to block and chip and we aren't reluctant to use them. Asante and Junior will pick Eli 5 times.

Baltimore can't score enough points to best us on a down day.

The Steelers might be tough, but not all that at our house. Bill has Ben's number on speed dial. Indy on the road has the most potential, but this team was re-tooled in the off season specifically not to fade or sputter in the second half against a team you jumped in the first half. That's why even after Dallas caught up we were able to simply pull away.

Giants (great pass rush)

I'm not sure any of these teams are better than Dallas. Maybe Indy. To say that all five are worse is pretty bold.

Do you have Dallas finishing third in its division this year?

Brokedown is one of my alltimers, but Ripple is right up there.

That's what made it great. How many shows have you been to?

Most peoeple who attend concerts want to hear the songs they know & love and not a 40 minute drug-hazed jam. Mushrooms and the like may convince some old Dead-heads the jams are really cool, but they really weren't.

Please don't start with the "how many shows" stuff, workhorse...Dead Heads always measure themselves by the number of shows they've been to. # of shows attended means nothing but the number of shows attended. I hope you agree and I don't need to convince you of this.

That was why my college experience made me burn my bandana's and Dead denim jacket.

I've been to a few...hope thats good

I'll never forget the shroomed-out guy with the frisbee and the dog with a bandana collar telling me all the shows he's been to and when he finally asked me "hey man, ever been to the Telluride festival?". That was the moment I began to throw up and stopped being a deadhead....

Although I still love the music, just not the culture...like, know what I mean man? ;)

Last edited:

Giants (great pass rush)

Only one team on here is worth mentioning, Indianapolis. The other 4 teams should be handled by double digits.

And if you think the Patriots' players "buy into" the undefeated talk, you're either a very new fan, or a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes