PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

5 thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB15

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Pats D- bend but don’t break, holds manning to 13 points in the first, despite being run all over. you have to love how Harrison played, absolutely shut down Clark all game. Ellis actually did a good job this game, you cant hate on the guy for getting burned once or twice with virtually no pressure on manning until the 4th. Some media types say the pats are old and slow. My point is SO WHAT, they could be young and fast but they just held the second best offence/qb in the NFL to 20 points. Come on folks its time to give respect where respect is due.

Pats O- Game planned well for the up field speed rush of the colts D. Nice by faulk to come in and work the way he did. Blocking was awful in the 3qtr's, but eventually settled down against the fast rush. What can you say about moss, the guy is pretty special, the fact he gets hope the way he does. Maroney is an always on the edge kind of runner, at any moment he can break one open.. would like to see it happen more often but Im willing to give him the time. Wes Welker, dam got to love this guy, nice returns, and my god that last completion was absolutely HUGE. and oh yea Brady throws for 3 more TD's.... come on

Colts- They sure do have their game plan down for the pats, have to give it up to the coach, dungy knows what to do and how to do it. Very fast D/ yet come the 4th they get overpowered I find. Wayne is having another career year, have to give it up to that guy, their backup wr's really let them down. Bob sanders is one hell of a hall hawk. Addai, this kid if a beast, obviously he is a product of his environment with manning spreading Defenses apart but still this kid is a monster (for those of you who wish we had him instead of Maroney, give it time. plus the colts were going to select Maroney ahead of Addai until we got him)

Penalties- let me just say THE PATS WERE ******* AWFUL, I was freaking the **** out, just awful awful penalties, absolutely unlike the patriots. BB will have something to say about that. Now as for the refs, I counted 3 just ugly ******* calls, the two on moss and ellis were just brutal, brutal calls. make me sick, but at the same time, that’s the way it goes, its not like they can be reversed.

The rest of the NFL- very much so a tier two league right now, here is how it is shaping up

Pats
Colts
Cowboys
Greenbay/Pitt/Ravens/Giants
Chargers/Tenn

other than that the rest of the league is just up in the air week to week

Pats D- bend but don’t break, holds manning to 13 points in the first, despite being run all over. you have to love how Harrison played, absolutely shut down Clark all game. Ellis actually did a good job this game, you cant hate on the guy for getting burned once or twice with virtually no pressure on manning until the 4th. Some media types say the pats are old and slow. My point is SO WHAT, they could be young and fast but they just held the second best offence/qb in the NFL to 20 points. Come on folks its time to give respect where respect is due.

Pats O- Game planned well for the up field speed rush of the colts D. Nice by faulk to come in and work the way he did. Blocking was awful in the 3qtr's, but eventually settled down against the fast rush. What can you say about moss, the guy is pretty special, the fact he gets hope the way he does. Maroney is an always on the edge kind of runner, at any moment he can break one open.. would like to see it happen more often but Im willing to give him the time. Wes Welker, dam got to love this guy, nice returns, and my god that last completion was absolutely HUGE. and oh yea Brady throws for 3 more TD's.... come on

Colts- They sure do have their game plan down for the pats, have to give it up to the coach, dungy knows what to do and how to do it. Very fast D/ yet come the 4th they get overpowered I find. Wayne is having another career year, have to give it up to that guy, their backup wr's really let them down. Bob sanders is one hell of a hall hawk. Addai, this kid if a beast, obviously he is a product of his environment with manning spreading Defenses apart but still this kid is a monster (for those of you who wish we had him instead of Maroney, give it time. plus the colts were going to select Maroney ahead of Addai until we got him)

Penalties- let me just say THE PATS WERE ******* AWFUL, I was freaking the **** out, just awful awful penalties, absolutely unlike the patriots. BB will have something to say about that. Now as for the refs, I counted 3 just ugly ******* calls, the two on moss and ellis were just brutal, brutal calls. make me sick, but at the same time, that’s the way it goes, its not like they can be reversed.

The rest of the NFL- very much so a tier two league right now, here is how it is shaping up

Pats
Colts
Cowboys
Greenbay/Pitt/Ravens/Giants
Chargers/Tenn

other than that the rest of the league is just up in the air week to week

I'd add one more thought on the game.....
Pats Special Teams this unit played lights out in this game and were the most consistent unit IMO on the field.

I'd add one more thought on the game.....
Pats Special Teams this unit played lights out in this game and were the most consistent unit IMO on the field.

Great point on STs, Patschick. Dungy said that the Pats had better field position all day due to our superior special teams play.

[....

I counted FIVE.

Someone who was restricted to reading the game log could say what i put in red above.
But not anyone who saw the game on tv.

anyone else have any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes