PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

5 Non-Patriots you would want on this team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to list one player. It's DeMarcus Ware, and it's not even close. To the people that rate anybody else above Ware is crazy. This guy is a one man wrecking crew that makes any defense better than they really are. His sack numbers have improved every year, so it's not hard to believe that he could close in on 25 sacks next year. Because I watched every Cowboys game this season, I saw many sacks that Ware left on the field. In fact, he could've easily had 25-26 sacks this year if it weren't for QB's breaking his initial tackle.

Last edited:
I would go with:

1. Demarcus Ware (OLB/DE): I think it's obvious why...

2. Ed Reed (SS): Best safety in the league, I would say his talent exceeds Troy's...

3. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (CB): Give him two years, mark my words, he will be in the argument for best CB in the league along with Nnamdi and his cousin...his youth is an upside...

4. Calvin Johnson (WR): He's already been called his generation's Randy Moss, and in a few years when Moss calls it quits, we could you another tall, dominant force at WR...like the Cromartie thing, give him two years and he will be mentioned as one of the best WR in the league, if not THE best...

5. Owen Daniels (TE): A young, underrated pro bowl TE that flies under the radar and could be picked up relatively cheap...

Honorable mention: Nnamdi Asomugha...best CB in the league right now, but WAY too expensive...

Last edited:
Ty Law
Willie McGinest
Asante Samuel
Adam Vinatieri
Mike Vrabel

(Mostly kidding, of course, but we've let some pretty good guys go.)

I dont think BB would take any of them back.
McGinest was cut, Vrabel was traded, Gostkowski is better now than AV, Law is done and wouldnt make our team and Samuel is too overpriced. But he would be the one we would take back at the right price.

McGinest was cut, Vrabel was traded, Gostkowski is better now than AV, Law is done and wouldnt make our team and Samuel is too overpriced. But he would be the one we would take back at the right price.

He's also the one from that list that's under 34 years old (Vrabel turns 34 next month).

1. Ed Reed

2. Joe Thomas

3. D Ware

4. N Asomough

5. Patrick Willis

James Harrison
Patrick Willis
Asante Samuel
Chris Johnson
Andre Johnson

There should be some kind of salary cap limitation on this thing...

Last edited:
/Thread Jack

From Drew Rosenhaus' Twitter:

RosenhausSports We are excited to announce that Darius Butler has agreed to terms on a 4 year deal with the Patriots. He was the 41st pick.

Drew Rosenhaus (RosenhausSports) on Twitter

And my 5 players:

Chris Johnson
Ed Reed
Demarcus Ware
Jake Long
Lamar Woodley

Last edited:
/Thread Jack

From Drew Rosenhaus' Twitter:

RosenhausSports We are excited to announce that Darius Butler has agreed to terms on a 4 year deal with the Patriots. He was the 41st pick.

Drew Rosenhaus (RosenhausSports) on Twitter

I posted a thread for ya. good early catch :)
And my 5 players:

Chris Johnson
Ed Reed
Demarcus Ware
Jake Long
Lamar Woodley

I posted a thread for ya. good early catch :)

1. Adrian Peterson
2. DeMarcus Ware
3. Troy P.
4. Nnamdi Asomugha
5. Best young left tackle.. Jake Long or Ryan Clady

No particular order..

Yeah, of course. And, I did say I was mostly kidding; Asante's the only one I'd really want back. But those guys were awesome in their day...a real tribute to Piolichick at his best.

Yeah, of course. And, I did say I was mostly kidding; Asante's the only one I'd really want back. But those guys were awesome in their day...a real tribute to Piolichick at his best.

Only Samuel and Vrabel are Piolichick guys. The other three are holdovers.

1: Adrian Peterson
2: Larry Fitzgerald
3: N. Asomugha
4: Jake Long
5: Patrick Willis

Deion Branch - why? Because he is well out of the top 30 rated wide outs which means he could be cheap to get and has chemistry with TB. Plus he is younger than Galloway.

Jake Long - why? Because he is the next Orlando Pace. Don't worry about LT for 10 for the next decade and #1 protector of the #1 asset of the Patriots franchise.

Maurice Jones Drew - why? ever since he bowled over Bruschi and charged ahead when everyone else stopped for that huge run you could tell this guy is a warrior. He would be a great compliment to the #1 back. He could also take the roster position of his draft-mate who plays the same position.

Troy P at Safety, Fitzgerald at WR, P. Manning at backup QB (so there :)), Maurice Jones Drew at RB and Demarcus Ware...

1) Jake Long - He can protect Brady, the most important player on the team, and I'm also flat out tired of watching Matt Light get smoked.
2) Adrian Peterson - Defenses would have to make the choice to stop the run or the pass, Peterson would add a lot more lethality than any receiver.
3) Troy Polamalu - he's just awesome
4) Ed Reed - See above
5) DeMarcus Ware - The linebacker issue would be resolved

While I'm very fond of Deion Branch and Larry Fitzgerald I think the above players would make our team most complete and eliminate the weak links.

1. Jake Long
2. DeMarcus Ware
3. Patrick Willis
4. Osi Umenyiora
5. Ed Reed

All the list's are pretty good. Hard to argue with many of them.

I'd say for sure, given where we are as a team.

D Ware
Long or Clady
Asomugha
Either Troy or Ed would be great, though Troy would be the #1 choice.

..... and for my wtf pick..... since we're pretty deep, perhaps someone like a Leodis McKelvin or Darren Sproles.... just to have a solid dedicated return guy to replace what Hobbs gave us. Someone good for 27-28+ yds/retrn and always a threat to bust one. With having to cringe at having a full time starter returning. I know BB loves it, but I always hold my breath on returns.

Either that or Shane Lechler. That guys has a booming leg and averaged damn near 50 yds/ punt over the last couple years or something goofy like that.

Last edited:
I guess you mean besides 5 Julius Peppers?

Vernon Gholston
Dan Orlovsky
Mike Schneck
Isaac Smolko
Justin Tryon

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes