PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

5 main things you want to see in tonights game vs. Eagles (OTHER THAN NO INJURIES)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 5 main things you want to see in tonights game vs. Eagles (OTHER THAN NO INJURIE

1. Solder being a beast - after a very good rookie season he had a lackluster performance in the first preseason game. He's critical to our success so it'd be nice for him to get back on track tonight.

2. C Jones building on his Saints game performance.

3. Somebody emerges from the Cunningham, Scott, Bequette, Francis group. Jones and Nink are our top 2 pass rushers. It'd be nice to see a 3rd seperate himself from the pack.

4. Defensive communication. No missed assignments, everybody where they are supposed to be. After last year it's no longer a given.

5. Tangible improvement from Hightower since the previous game.

Re: 5 main things you want to see in tonights game vs. Eagles (OTHER THAN NO INJURIE

not me...I'd rather he get retrieved like a dead duck by a black lab...but that's just me....go with squashed bug if that's what you prefer...

duck-hunting-dogs.jpg

I'll take that. Or, this:

Attachments

• dog+chew+toy.JPG
    dog+chew+toy.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 90

Vince "Bowser" Wilfork doin' his job:

Attachments

• vick-chew-toy.jpg
    vick-chew-toy.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 87

5 things I want to see (gratuitous, high definition lingering shots of cheerleaders aside)...

1. Hammer Time: Like to see The Hammer show that he can hit something beyond a quick slant or screen. That he's developed QB skills beyond being Tall with a Strong Arm. The OL will have to vote "Present" for him to have a chance.

2. BB Let The Dogs Out on defense vs Vick. Want to see Jones/Hightower and Spikes bring it.

3. Ebner at safety...can he make a play or 2? Speaking of that position, I'd kill to see a couple plays where any Pats safety actually covers a TE or RB.

4. Can Vereen push the rock vs the ones?

5. Edelman at slot receiver. No matter how he does this would provide post fodder for the remaining pre-season weeks pleasing Ian immensely.

What I don't want to see aside from injuries of course is that blathering idiot from Sam Adams* going on interminably while we miss plays in the ridiculous small screen in the corner. FOAD, Jimbo!

* Disclosure: Yes I have one of his 6s in the fridge

Last edited:

1. How our tackles hold up against the DE's of the Eagles.

2. If Mallett performs any better.

3. If Hightower is thinking less and reacting more than he did against the Saints.

4. If Brady can connect with Lloyd at all.

5. How the safeties handle the speed of Philly's first string receivers.

I want to see Vick squashed like a bug.

FTW, Brother Scribe!! :D :rocker:

My list:
  1. 3rd down defense. I want to see our defense making plays on third down.
  2. Defensive yards. Looking at last year, our D did well by points/creating turnovers, but allowed way too many yards.
  3. Can Jones continue to shine (though not seeing him do well eventually menas nothing, but it's preseason).
  4. Hoyer. Let's see him with some first team reps and what he can showcase.
  5. Sustained drives. While, I think we have big play capability, I'd like to see an offense that can grind out possessions. Even if it means no points are scored.

1. Brady to Lloyd on a bomb. I don't know about you but last year I kind of started having concerns about Brady throwing the deep ball. I want to see if he's still able to.

2. Vereen with the first offense. Well it seems with Ridley hurt, this one I'm going to get.

3. O-line getting their stuff together. Last game was quite horrible and probably my major concern right now.

4. Hightower wrapping up. Come on, man.

5. Chandler Jones bringing some more!

I'm not sure anyone is going to see anything that will be worth changing any opinions.

QB - these 3 are all making the roster, so there will be a full season of ruminations and we can reconvene about this again next year.

as for 5 things, I'll go by position:

RB - I think we will see alot of bolden and vereen....I want to see a bunch of QB under center running plays rather than the shotgun handoff.

WR - I would like to see some progress made in the selection of 2 out of stallworth/branch/gaffney. I think it is pretty clear that one of these 3 will be gone and as long as that stays cloudy, it is harder to select the final spots with the young guys.

OL - I want to see the exact same unit starting this week as last.

DB - I want to see someone blow up maclin or jackson

LB - I want to see tarpinian get some regular unit PT

I'm not sure anyone is going to see anything that will be worth changing any opinions.

QB - these 3 are all making the roster, so there will be a full season of ruminations and we can reconvene about this again next year.

as for 5 things, I'll go by position:

RB - I think we will see alot of bolden and vereen....I want to see a bunch of QB under center running plays rather than the shotgun handoff.

WR - I would like to see some progress made in the selection of 2 out of stallworth/branch/gaffney. I think it is pretty clear that one of these 3 will be gone and as long as that stays cloudy, it is harder to select the final spots with the young guys.

OL - I want to see the exact same unit starting this week as last.

DB - I want to see someone blow up maclin or jackson

LB - I want to see tarpinian get some regular unit PT

This! Lots of this!

Not only for the value in and of itself, but this is a game where we really want to keep the clock moving.

1. How the O-line looks with Mankins back.
2. How the rooks perform.(Jones, Hightower, Bolden, Demps, Ebner, Bequette)
3. How Vereen peforms.
4. Brandon Lloyd's performance.
5. How the entire secondary performs.

I'm hoping to see:

1. Some good kick returns, on both kick-offs and punts, where the ball stays secure and positive yardage is gained. Don't care who steps forward, but hope somebody does.

2. A couple of long receptions completed by Brady to somebody, preferably Lloyd.

3. A couple of QB sacks (by the D)

4. A bunch of runs stuffed at the LOS (by the D).

5. A couple of INTs or at least ball knockdowns by somebody in the back field (by the D).

In other words, improvement on our problems from last year. GO PATS!!

Last edited:

PWP in mid-season form already!

(Me, I'd just like to see the game. Stupid NFL! :mad:)

not me...I'd rather he get retrieved like a dead duck by a black lab...but that's just me....go with squashed bug if that's what you prefer...

duck-hunting-dogs.jpg

For Vick,the 2nd Amendment is in effect,tonitehttp://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRe393NyZndkDhUXyAcpW24z-emJmaZGcR9fzuzkhYdzCO1Voum:yeahthat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back