PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

5 hours with Ernie Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd_Christmas

I can delete my own crap!
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you thinking this would be a thread about me spending 5 hours with Ernie Adams and asking him all the questions us fans would love to ask, I am sorry to disappoint you.

No, this is about a little tidbit from one of the many articles on the voting panel for the all-time Patriot teams of the various decades.

Here is the relevant snippet:

"Patriots' owner Robert Kraft dropped by midway through the five-hour meeting to thank the panel members for their willingness to devote a block of time in their busy schedules to helping the team kick off its anniversary celebration.

The voting panel's membership consisted of retired beat writers **** Cerasuolo (Worcester Telegram & Gazette), Ron Hobson (The Patriot Ledger) and Carlo Imelio (Springfield Union-News), current writers Mark Farinella (The Sun Chronicle), Jim Donaldson (Providence Journal), Dave Pevear (Lowell Sun), Paul Perillo (Patriots Football Weekly) and Tom E. Curran (NBCSports.com), Patriots' broadcaster Gil Santos, WEEI talk-show host Michael Holley, WCVB-TV sports anchor Mike Lynch, WBZ-TV sports anchor Steve Burton, former players Larry Garron, Steve Nelson and Andre Tippett, team researcher Ernie Adams, equipment manager Donnie Brocher, statistician John Hendry and Bryan Morry, executive director of The Hall at Patriot Place."

( The test of time - The Sun Chronicle Online - Sports )

I made me curious about whether this was the first time that members of the media sat and discussed anything with Ernie Adams for 5 hours. I thought he was more of a recluse, specifically shunning the media.

His thoughts on the team of the decade for 2000s would be pariculary interesting to me.

Last edited:
For those of you thinking this would be a thread about me spending 5 hours with Ernie Adams and asking him all the questions us fans would love to ask, I am sorry to disappoint you.

No, this is about a little tidbit from one of the many articles on the voting panel for the all-time Patriot teams of the various decades.

Here is the relevant snippet:

"Patriots' owner Robert Kraft dropped by midway through the five-hour meeting to thank the panel members for their willingness to devote a block of time in their busy schedules to helping the team kick off its anniversary celebration.

The voting panel's membership consisted of retired beat writers **** Cerasuolo (Worcester Telegram & Gazette), Ron Hobson (The Patriot Ledger) and Carlo Imelio (Springfield Union-News), current writers Mark Farinella (The Sun Chronicle), Jim Donaldson (Providence Journal), Dave Pevear (Lowell Sun), Paul Perillo (Patriots Football Weekly) and Tom E. Curran (NBCSports.com), Patriots' broadcaster Gil Santos, WEEI talk-show host Michael Holley, WCVB-TV sports anchor Mike Lynch, WBZ-TV sports anchor Steve Burton, former players Larry Garron, Steve Nelson and Andre Tippett, team researcher Ernie Adams, equipment manager Donnie Brocher, statistician John Hendry and Bryan Morry, executive director of The Hall at Patriot Place."

( The test of time - The Sun Chronicle Online - Sports )

I made me curious about whether this was the first time that members of the media sat and discussed anything with Ernie Adams for 5 hours. I thought he was more of a recluse, specifically shunning the media.

His thoughts on the team of the decade for 2000s would be pariculary interesting to me.
Holley mentioned this this AM...and did say Adams was there, but I didn't think it was all that big a deal.

Holley mentioned this this AM...and did say Adams was there, but I didn't think it was all that big a deal.

If he was there, it's a big deal. IMO.

So nobody knows for sure what Ernie Adams does, right? For not knowing what he does, I would love to have that job!

I'd be more interested in what EA said...and a lot of the talk...but none has leaked out...and I doubt any will. Holley was mum and basically called it privileged. If any of that came out THAt would be different.

So nobody knows for sure what Ernie Adams does, right? For not knowing what he does, I would love to have that job!

I have often thought of him as a "mechanic". He fixes problems. Whatever problems they may be. :cool:

I have often thought of him as a "mechanic". He fixes problems. Whatever problems they may be. :cool:

i have always thought he was like the Wizard of Oz...the man behind the curtain that knows everything. I think he acts as BBs sounding board

Dontcha know? He's the guy who secretly videotaped the Rams' practice before SB XXXVI and was so racked by guilt that he confessed the entire thing over a bottle of Dr. Pepper to Tomass right after he found out that Matt Walsh was really Bill Belichick's son. You don't believe me? Well, I heard it on ESPN!

Here is an analogy:
Ernie Adams is to the Patriots what the NSA is to the United States.

NSA would be a cool nickname for him actually.

Last edited:
Here is an analogy:
Ernie Adams is to the Patriots what the NSA is to the United States.

NSA would be a cool nickname for him actually.

In keeping with the secrecy that surrounds him, I assume that NSA stands for "No Such Adams."

I thought I saw Ernie Adams on 24 last night trying to use biological weapons against the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes