PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

5 guys we DO NOT want to draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

nashvillepatsfan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
QB Colt Brennan, Hawaii – In February 2004, then attending Colorado, he was arrested on felony burglary and trespassing charges and misdemeanor sexual assault and indecent exposure charges after allegedly walking uninvited into a female student's dorm room and sexually assaulting her. Brennan pleaded not guilty but was convicted on both counts and sentenced to seven days in jail, 60 hours of community service and four years' probation. He was dismissed by Colorado.

WR James Hardy, Indiana – In May 2006, he was arrested and charged with domestic battery and interfering with the reporting of a crime when he allegedly attacked his girlfriend and infant son. When the police arrived, the girlfriend's shirt was torn and she had marks on the side and back of her neck. The charges were dropped after Hardy participated in a pretrial diversion program.

WR Josh Hyman, Virginia Tech – He was arrested in June 2006 on a misdemeanor credit card fraud charge. A former girlfriend accused him of making a charge on her card without permission. Charges were dropped because of a lack of evidence.

WR Maurice Purify, Nebraska – He was arrested in May 2007 and charged with two counts of assault, failure to comply, resisting arrest and trespassing. Purify was accused of hitting a bouncer, who several times had denied him entrance to a bar, and striking the man's girlfriend. Purify resisted arrest and it took four officers to subdue him. He was sentenced to a year of probation in July.

TE Louis Irizarry, Youngstown State – While attending Ohio State, he was arrested in October 2003 and convicted on assault, negligent assault and disorderly conduct charges after engaging in a fight with two male students and pushing his girlfriend. He spent three days in jail. In May 2004, he was arrested again and this time was charged with felony robbery in the second degree after he and a teammate assaulted a student and stole his wallet. He was sentenced to three years in jail, but he served only six months.

Looking at these, I couldnt help but notice that none of them recieved any serious punishment. If I had done any of these things, they would throw my a** in jail, and forget about me. The only one who is probably ok, is Josh Hyman because he just did what all women have been doing to men for years:D Just so we're clear, I don't see us drafting any of these guys anyway. I am mearly pointing out some guys who have character issues.

I found this listed on some chargers news site, but can't find it again to give you the link. sorry.

As far as Colt Brennan goes, Wikipedia relates a slightly different version of the story:

Brennan originally joined the University of Colorado football team in 2003 as a walk-on. He spent the year as a redshirt.

On January 28, 2004, Brennan entered the dorm room of a University of Colorado coed uninvited and, according to the coed "exposed himself and fondled her',"[3] a charge which Brennan denied [4]. Brennan, who was intoxicated at the time of the incident, was arrested and eventually convicted of charges of felony burglary and trespassing[5] (serving one week in jail along with probation until he graduated from college), but a guilty verdict for unlawful sexual contact was vacated by the court for lack of evidence. [2] After the incident, which was caught up in the middle of the time when CU was flooded with other accusations of sex crimes and revelations of wild recruiting parties involving Colorado football players, Brennan was kicked off the team.[6]

Now, I don't know exactly what happened, so I'm going to reserve judgment on whether or not the Patriots should consider giving him a "second chance," so to speak; if Belioli feel comfortable with his background, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

That said, there is a reason why Colt Brennan falls on my "DO NOT WANT" list:

Colton James Brennan (born August 16, 1983 in Laguna Beach, California)

That's right, folks, he'll be 25 when the 2008 season starts. Matt Cassel will be starting his fourth season in the pros, and he'll only be 26.

We also shouldn't draft that thug of a player Brandon Meriweather

We shouldn't draft Colt Brennan, because he stinks!

He is still trying to find his spleen, after the absolute beating he took in the Sugar Bowl. The one time Brennan had to play "big boy" football, he got absolutely CRUSHED!

I'd much rather see the Pats draft Howard (seen here sacking Colt) than brennan.

untitled-3.jpg

You're right; we shouldn't have drafted him.

You may be joking, but I'm not.

And why shouldn't the Pats have drafted Meriweather? Because of ONE on field incident? Or maybe because of the ONE gun-related incident that he had where he and his roommate were fired upon and his roommate was actually shot...

On Josh Hyman... I'd like to see what the credit card charge was. TV sets and computers are one thing a charge at the bookstore is another.

Seems harsh for a misdeamenor that was dropped.

And why shouldn't the Pats have drafted Meriweather? Because of ONE on field incident? Or maybe because of the ONE gun-related incident that he had where he and his roommate were fired upon and his roommate was actually shot...

Apparently, the guy thinks we shouldn't have drafted Meriweather because, after one year, he's a bust. I don't understand it either.

When were any of these guys being considered for the Patriots?

On Josh Hyman... I'd like to see what the credit card charge was. TV sets and computers are one thing a charge at the bookstore is another.

Seems harsh for a misdeamenor that was dropped.

Allegedly it was a $49.99 charge on a debit card after they broke up.....

http://hamptonroads.com/node/306021

"I never used her card," Hyman said Saturday at the Hokies' media day. "Bad relationship. We broke up, then this happens. So you can put that together. I'm not thinking about that, not worrying about it."

I wouldn't lump this in with domestic violence cases or assault.....

------------------
As for Brennan, after watching the Senior BOwl, I'd be shocked if he's drafted at all...................

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey