Welcome to PatsFans.com

$5 gas?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Aug 8, 2006.

1. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. BruschiOnTap

BruschiOnTap Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I can't believe I'm saying this but: We've seen the end of $3/gallon gasoline in this country. Say what you want about hippies but they're the ones supporting cheaper fuels sources...
  3. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There is a strong movement amongst good Conservatives (such as myself) supporting alternative fuel sources. Our reasoning isn't really related to granola-crunching tree huggers, but rather a simple desire to reduce our dependence on foreign oil. For example, I am a huge proponent of ethanol and would gladly support any government initiative increasing the availability and consumption of ethanol.

The biggest problem is that while everyone agrees we need another fuel source, no one agrees on what it should be.
  4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

The blessing from these high prices will be a better future concerning energy. No companies were willing to put R&D into alternative fules and ideas. Companies exist to make $$$..that's the way it is.

So, with enough anger (I hope) and some $$$ thirsty investors, we will no longer be energy dependant on foreign countries. Let's hope we never forget. Because we were this mad in the late 70's...but then we kept forgetting.

Imagine if our government took all that cigarette lawsuit $$$ to produce energy independancy ads...to engrain it into our brains. We would be well on our way right now. Instead..prices go up because of 1 pipeline down...if there is ever a nuke attack on oil facilities..we will riding horses again.