PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

5 billionmegapixel fancam ..wow

Well that's pretty cool.

I'll have to go back and check out the how-to of labeling specific people. Could have some fun with it with certain names (Howard Mudd, Bill Polian, David Letterman, etc.)

Last edited:
That may be the coolest thing I have seen all year. Good find.

I dont even know what I am looking lucas oil field with a bunch of smileys???

Wow, that is truly amazing.

You can see where they stitched photos together in some places if you're wondering how they pulled this off. Even then, I'd still be curious to know more about it.

Thats awesome.

I dont even know what I am looking lucas oil field with a bunch of smileys???

Zoom in and you can find individual faces...way cool, notwithstanding the fact that they are Colts Fans.

OK I get it know that is pretty amazing.

Pretty incredible. You can zoom in to pretty much any person in the stands. Any specifics on how something like this is done?

Pretty incredible. You can zoom in to pretty much any person in the stands. Any specifics on how something like this is done?

Part of it is clearly a whole lot of stitching. If you look closely (look under the scoreboard, for instance) you can see areas where the photos were blended together.

I've done panorama's before, but this is just really on a huge scale. Basically, you take a boatload of pictures, have Photoshop or some program analyze them and merge them based on that analysis. How it can do it to that scale is impressive though. I've crashed Photoshop using probably a fraction of the photos it took to do this. The scale is a little mind boggling.

Last edited:
That's cool but they don't look like a very happy bunch, it must be because they are either Colts fans or the fact they live in Indiana.

Where's all the hot girls?

It's the same idea as Google Street View, they're using an array of cameras and an algorithm to stitch what they're seeing into a single, panoramic image. I'm guessing that unlike Google Street View, this setup probably has multiple cameras aimed in the same direction but with different focal lengths to facilitate zooming.

Amazing.. thanks for sharing!

somebody tagged a cheerleader's butt with a smiley and an ID tag. Double-click anywhere and you can say it is you (or anyone else).

Can I buy one of these cameras on Ebay?

Manning face!!!!

check out the cheezy "wild card" banner

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back