PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

5/24 OTA Observations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Ebner working with the medical staff?

From the Hart OTA observations.

Rob Gronkowski, Brandon Spikes, Matthew Slater and Nate Ebner did not take part in the practice but rather worked with the team medical staff both in Dana Farber Fieldhouse and on the side of the practice field. Gronkowski is rehabbing from offseason ankle surgery, while Ebner was also limited in his participation in rookie mini-camp.

Maybe he got hurt in a scrum.

Do you think vegas has lines for ocho and learning the playbook

Should be over/under 2 years

You're right, we should give Chad more time to learn the system. It's not like we have a ton of veteran receivers who have the system down...

Oh wait, we do!

Byeeee.:bricks:

Just a note when it comes to that "ton of veteran receivers"....

2011 receiving yards
Johnson - 276
Stallworth - 309
Gonzalez - 0
Edelman - 34

Yes, Welker, Lloyd, Gaffney and Branch all had solid seasons or better last year and, IMO, should probably be expected to make the team, but Johnson's not exactly facing elite competition for the last remaining spot or two.

Just a note when it comes to that "ton of veteran receivers"....

2011 receiving yards
Johnson - 276
Stallworth - 309
Gonzalez - 0
Edelman - 34

Yes, Welker, Lloyd, Gaffney and Branch all had solid seasons or better last year and, IMO, should probably be expected to make the team, but Johnson's not exactly facing elite competition for the last remaining spot or two.

who have the system down
Was the operative phrase. Even putting Stallworth on the outside of that group, he still had 46 catches despite all the balls Moss Welker and Gaffney caught. And he caught more than Orco in 2011 despite a gaping hole at receiver for the Patriots all last season.

Old, won't study, no attention span, doesn't offer anything on special teams, yeah it looks promising for ouzo this year.

Ocho Stinko still doesn't know where to line up. What a joke.

Put this statement in the "premature but eventual" catagory...

Ocho is not making this team. Now way no how.

If I were BB I'd attach a Starbuck's Gold Card to the football and watch him go !

:eek:

You would be happy too if somebody just gave you 6 mil guaranteed. Stink is partly responsible for the Patriots losing the Super Bowl.

Gronk was hobbled and the Pats needed a WR to step up. Stink was given plenty of time to learn the offense and plenty of money to be that guy.

Its rumored that Marvin Lewis and some Bengals coaches laughed like hell when they heard that NE was planning to run precise routes with this axxclown.

HUH? How do you figure? He caught the only pass thrown his way and it was good for 20 yards. Brady missed Chad when Chad was open on several plays with no one around him.

Brady had more to do with that loss than Chad did. Branch, Welker and Hernandez had more to do with the loss than Chad did..

The only way that Chad was "partially responsible" is because he's on the team and it's a team sport.

Old, won't study, no attention span, doesn't offer anything on special teams, yeah it looks promising for ouzo this year.

Branch, Welker, Gaffney, Lloyd, and Stallworth are also "old" in football years as they are all over 30..

Please provide the evidence that Chad won't Study.

Please provide the evidence that Chad has no attention span.

And, by evidence, I don't mean BS from an OTA or from a mediot. I mean actual proof..

Branch, Welker, Gaffney, Lloyd, and Stallworth are also "old" in football years as they are all over 30..

And, by evidence, I don't mean BS from an OTA or from a mediot. I mean actual proof..

His performance last season. Don't give me any crap about needing an entire season to learn the basics of the offense. He couldn't even get on the field for that, let alone complex formations that take time in this system.

His performance last season. Don't give me any crap about needing an entire season to learn the basics of the offense. He couldn't even get on the field for that, let alone complex formations that take time in this system.

Johnson was on the field for 26% of the offensive snaps last season, which pretty much kills your "argument". T

Last edited:

Too bad for you that is not PROOF that he didn't study or that he has a short attention span. That is your OPINION. Proof would be pictures of him not studying or goofing off during team film studies, etc...

Chad knows the basics of the offense, other players have said as much. Players have also said they've seen Chad studying and busting his butt.

Are we talking a brain scan?

Branch, Welker, Gaffney, Lloyd, and Stallworth are also "old" in football years as they are all over 30

So they will be a lot older when they are 34?

Last edited:
Why is Ebner working with the medical staff?

He's teaching. Coach is now drafting players with additional expertise as a way to expand his emphasis on versatility. It's no longer just about playing more than one position; he is now looking for capability typically done by other employees. If you read their bios carefully, you'll see the following additional capabilities and educational backgrounds:

Jones: nutrition
Hightower: crowd control, security
Wilson: audio/video (this is why he was drafted so early)
Bequette: equipment design
Ebner: trauma recovery, including concussion
Dennard: community affairs
Ebert: salary cap

Look for layoffs in the front office as these guys assert themselves on the organization. Watch for the Jests to do the same in a few weeks, and for the Bills to hire one of the laid off employees and pay him in a year more than he thought he'd make in his career.

HUH? How do you figure? He caught the only pass thrown his way and it was good for 20 yards. Brady missed Chad when Chad was open on several plays with no one around him.

Brady had more to do with that loss than Chad did. Branch, Welker and Hernandez had more to do with the loss than Chad did..

The only way that Chad was "partially responsible" is because he's on the team and it's a team sport.

Do you really want to blame Brady when Stinko does not know the playbook? What do you surmise is going through Bradys mind when he saw Stinko line up in the wrong spot in the SB? Brady will not look your way if you arent on the same page as he is.

Some other receiving option needed to step up in that game and Stinko was that guy. He did ***** all season for 6 Million dollars.

I watched Chad Stinko exclusively on several plays in the SB. He never got open. That SOB needs to go and the sooner the better.

If I were BB I'd attach a Starbuck's Gold Card to the football and watch him go !

:eek:

Whatever team is willing to take Stinko gets a 1 year supply of Starbucks coffee thrown in. And, a 7th round draft pick.

FWIW - neither of those updates is from Reiss. I got tripped up myself. Guess we all just assume that Reiss is a one man army (which he can be)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes