PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

5,235 yards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't say the offense was "crippled." I said they could use a true #1 wr

Right, you said "a true #1 wr" and you gave Calvin Johnson as your example. Sounded like you wre talking about an elite weapon who could transform the offense, rather than something like "a complementary wideout to help keep the defense honest."

It might be we're only differing in degrees. I don't think anybody's thrilled that Taylor Price didn't pan out, for instance, but IMO he would only have had to be a useful role player, a complementary piece. The top 3 receivers are Welker, Gronkowski & Hernandez, and that's plenty good.

It's nice... but yards are some of the most overrated stats in Football. That's one record I never really cared about. You can say it's good news Brees threw for the most yards this season because no QB has ever won the SB while having thrown the most yards.

It's nice... but yards are some of the most overrated stats in Football. That's one record I never really cared about. You can say it's good news Brees threw for the most yards this season because no QB has ever won the SB while having thrown the most yards.

The importance is solely recognition, but recognition does have some level of importance.
You play to win. Stats are kept to try to isolate individual players contribution to winning or losing. Every stat should be viewed under those parameters. Stats compiled while losing hold little value.

Right, you said "a true #1 wr" and you gave Calvin Johnson as your example. Sounded like you wre talking about an elite weapon who could transform the offense, rather than something like "a complementary wideout to help keep the defense honest."

It might be we're only differing in degrees. I don't think anybody's thrilled that Taylor Price didn't pan out, for instance, but IMO he would only have had to be a useful role player, a complementary piece. The top 3 receivers are Welker, Gronkowski & Hernandez, and that's plenty good.
Infer how you like; essentially, all I'm saying is we need a big black wr who is 6'5" or taller that can jump and run fast. Contort what I've just said however you like, I'm just being honest. A short white boy doesn't cut it, as far as being a #1 wr goes.

Infer how you like; essentially, all I'm saying is we need a big black wr who is 6'5" or taller that can jump and run fast. Contort what I've just said however you like, I'm just being honest. A short white boy doesn't cut it, as far as being a #1 wr goes.

:eek:...............

When the short white guy catches the most passes for just a few shy of the most yards, your offense is moving the ball farther than the tall guy of whatever color you wish him to be sees his team move the ball, even though you think the other guy looks better.

When the short white guy catches the most passes for just a few shy of the most yards, your offense is moving the ball farther than the tall guy of whatever color you wish him to be sees his team move the ball, even though you think the other guy looks better.
If he was purple I wouldn't give a damn. There's a dimension that Welker doesn't bring to the table that a Megatron, or an Andre Johnson could. If you can't see that dimension (and it's not being black for you racist twits) you're obviously blinded by stats.

WTF?....Jordy Nelson:bricks:

If he was purple I wouldn't give a damn. There's a dimension that Welker doesn't bring to the table that a Megatron, or an Andre Johnson could. If you can't see that dimension (and it's not being black for you racist twits) you're obviously blinded by stats.

And there is a dimension that Welker brings to the table that those players do not either.
The fact that you dismiss his production as less worthy than someone elses production only indicates that your opinion of what various abilities add up to production on the football field is flawed.

And YOU are the one who made it about race

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah Nostaligia...longing for those halcyon,antebelum days on the plantation,watching 6'5 young bucks,running and jumping:popcorn:

And there is a dimension that Welker brings to the table that those players do not either.
The fact that you dismiss his production as less worthy than someone elses production only indicates that your opinion of what various abilities add up to production on the football field is flawed.

And YOU are the one who made it about race
Nope, your just too hard nosed to see the truth. Most likely due to your old age. I didn't make it about race, I merely point out the obvious. Same with the Italia dude, Jordy Nelson? Product of a system, as is Wes Welker.

Nope, your just too hard nosed to see the truth. Most likely due to your old age. I didn't make it about race, I merely point out the obvious. Same with the Italia dude, Jordy Nelson? Product of a system, as is Wes Welker.

Wait, so your argument is now about me, who you know nothing about?

Let me guess, you think that a whole bunch of WRs could league the lead in catches and just about lead the league in yards, but there teams would rather have them catch fewer passes for less yards, right?

Wait, so your argument is now about me, who you know nothing about?

Let me guess, you think that a whole bunch of WRs could league the lead in catches and just about lead the league in yards, but there teams would rather have them catch fewer passes for less yards, right?
Son, you're about as oblivious as a christian to evolution. You think the world is still flat too? There's no need for me to further explain myself. If you think Wes is the best WR, that's your opinion. But I'm done here, you can't see the obvious. That is all, and that'll do sport.

trollface.jpg

Son, you're about as oblivious as a christian to evolution. You think the world is still flat too? There's no need for me to further explain myself. If you think Wes is the best WR, that's your opinion. But I'm done here, you can't see the obvious. That is all, and that'll do sport.

In other words, you will accept you lose the argument and crawl away with your tail between your legs.

That is always what it means when you offer exactly zero to support your opinion, then respond to counterarguments by attacking the person making them.

Your brief appearance here was a waste of everyones time.

trollface.jpg

Italia dude?......I'm appalled:nono:

In other words, you will accept you lose the argument and crawl away with your tail between your legs.

That is always what it means when you offer exactly zero to support your opinion, then respond to counterarguments by attacking the person making them.

Your brief appearance here was a waste of everyones time.
Hey ****, if that's your name. There's no point in talking to a brick wall in other words. Instead, I'll watch the Cowboys lose. Twist whatever I say, however you like. Now I'm done.

Hey ****, if that's your name. There's no point in talking to a brick wall in other words. Instead, I'll watch the Cowboys lose. Twist whatever I say, however you like. Now I'm done.

Lighten up.
You made a comment, I responded with a factual argument, you responded by insulting me, 3 times now.
If you can't act like an adult, stop posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back