PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

4PM and No Asante Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick4

Banned
Reaction score
Whoa. Ramifications? Is Asante out until game 10? Does this shut the door on any chance of a long term deal after next season?

Whoa. Ramifications? Is Asante out until game 10? Does this shut the door on any chance of a long term deal after next season?

AS plays this year for the franchise tender, then takes off next year. I understand the Pats wanting to hold firm, but I wish they'd tried to deal with him a year ago.

A bit premature...yes, it's after 4, but if there's news, it could be an hour before it breaks.

Slow down, maybe it just hasn't been announced yet... ( Probably wishful thinking, but still..)

he gets traded for a 1st round pick.

wait and see

Great just what we needed, another Asante thread.

Okay, just posted now on Boston.com ...................... NO DEAL...........

Last edited:
I'd say that the fat lady has now officially sung.

How good is Reiss? I think he spoils us!

no deal per riess

about 17 million apart with the bonus

Meanwhile, the Patriots' most recent offer would have paid Samuel an average of about $6 million per season, with approximately $13 million in bonuses.

That is good f@cking money... I can't believe Samuel passed up on that... He's a idiot.. Plain and simple.. A greedy idiot...

Last edited:
i guess he will wait till week 10 and lose a lot of money in the process. You try to give someone a huge raise and they just slap you in the face. There's something wrong with that.

What are the financial implications for AS if he holds out to week 10? Will he only get a part of the franchise money?

He won't sit out. I hope we franchise him again next year, let him sweat, and then deal him for a #1. What a jerk.

Samuel's camp had been focusing on the first three years of a contract, and was seeking around $30 million. The first three years of any deal are considered key, because players are generally guaranteed they will earn the money even though NFL contracts aren't guaranteed.

Meanwhile, the Patriots' most recent offer would have paid Samuel an average of about $6 million per season, with approximately $13 million in bonuses.

SAMUEL IS RIDICULOUS. He is a fool. That demand is insane, and the Pats' offer is more than fair. What a dink.

Last edited:
Re: no deal per riess

about 17 million apart with the bonus

If this is true, then Samuel is looking for a Dwight Freeney deal. According to most sources, the Pats offered $13 million in bonuses. That means Samuel wants $30 million or Freeney money.

If this is true, then Samuel is looking for a Dwight Freeney deal. According to most sources, the Pats offered $13 million in bonuses. That means Samuel wants $30 million or Freeney money.

That boy is delusional.......

pats offered 13 million with a avg of 6 million, samuel wanted 30 million in the first 3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes