Votes: 3 9.7%

Votes: 5 16.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 or less

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
they could easily have a winnign record or losing record. they play alot of teams that are rebuilding also.

frank gore has some milage on him and alex smith is still learning

Arizona
@ St. Louis
@ Pitt
Seattle
Baltimore
@ ny Giants
New Orleans
@ Atlanta
@ Seattle
St. Louis
@ Arizona
@ Carolina
Minnesota
Cincinnati
Tampa Bay
@ Cleveland

I Could see 10 losses. I'll go with nine.:rocker:

Last edited:

Just guessing of course, but I could easily see them losing @Pit, Bal, NO, @Atl, @Car, Cin. 10-6. In the poll I said 6 losses, but I forgot to count a 7th loss in the playoffs.

Last edited:
The Niner's actually swept Seattle last year (not going to happen this year), I predict that they will split the division games with St. Louis and Arizona, and lose both to Seattle. They can not score enough or run on either Baltimore or Pittsburg so that will be two more loses.

I predict a 6-10 season. Those East coast trips are hard on the West coast teams, and they have 5 games on the East Coast.

the reasonable range they could finish in is probably between 5-11 & 11-5. I would expect them to win about 7; last year they were the 29th worst team in the league according to dvoa, and were lucky to win 7

anybody "expecting" them to win 10 or more games should go to Vegas when the season lines open, b/c they will give you very nice odds that that won't happen. the Vegas over/under will be just about 8 I think.

Last edited:
It's the stinking NFC people. They can easily make the playoffs and this pick could be another #28. The 49ers are a young hungry team that showed improvement last year and finished strong.

Arizona
@ St. Louis
@ Pitt
Seattle
Baltimore
@ ny Giants
New Orleans
@ Atlanta
@ Seattle
St. Louis
@ Arizona
@ Carolina
Minnesota
Cincinnati
Tampa Bay
@ Cleveland

Well I've bolded the games I think they're the favorites in right now.

Three.

It's the stinking NFC people. They can easily make the playoffs and this pick could be another #28. The 49ers are a young hungry team that showed improvement last year and finished strong.

People forget, though, that oftentimes after teams make a leap forward, they normally take one step back before making the big push to contender status. Hopefully this is their step backwards year for SF.

The best way to think of it is they'll finish 8-8. That's what the Pats were assuming. The big question will be whether they make the playoffs. If they don't, we could be looking at pick 13-17 or so. If they do, it will be more like 18-22.

Also, their strength of schedule can work in our favor if those teams collectively don't do well, because there are a lot of teams that finish 7-9, 8-8 and 9-7, and a weaker sos means a higher draft choice.

I think they will finish at 6-10, maybe 5-11. The first thing I noticed is that they are traveling alot. All of their non conference away games are acroos the country: Pitt, Giants, Atl, Carolina and Cleveland. Comparing the Pats aways games: Indy, Giants, Cincy, Dallas and Baltimore. Thats alot of traveling and may make it a tough week in preparing for their next opponents. Their division is going to be tougher this year. Many people have claimed that SF is a rising team and could surprise people. Well the same can be said for St. Louis and Arizona. Both of which, if I am not mistaken, had 1st year coached last year. They should have a bit more stability this year. And Seattle was devastated by injuries last year. Plus they have a very tough start to the season. They start of with Arizona at home, which should be a win. But then they have two away games, and then they face two tough teams at home in Seattle and Baltimore. I see a 1-4 start to the season for them. And then after their bye, they play 5 out of the next 7 games on the road. It seems like the type of schedule that never lets them get on a role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back