PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

49ers release Damon Huard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want Feely unless he's cheap (trade), and I have a feeling he'll cost more than I'd want to pay. Walter or Huard ? I guess I'd take Walter despite his career numbers.

I don't want Feely unless he's cheap (trade), and I have a feeling he'll cost more than I'd want to pay. Walter or Huard ? I guess I'd take Walter despite his career numbers.

Eagles need a back-up TE.....

Hey Folks I am new...

All over Wash DC media (TV, Radio, Print) they are reporting that the Patriots approached the Washington Redskins for a trade involving backup QB Todd Collins.

Rumors are swirling from anywhere between a 3rd -- and -- 4th plus an O-Lineman.

Are you hearing that in the press in Boston?

A 3rd or a 4th? More like a 6th or a 7th maybe and a player. No way we'd pay that much for a guy that old with so little actual career production. I havent heard that rumor, but Im sure if it were to be considered it would be for considerably less.

Hey Folks I am new...

All over Wash DC media (TV, Radio, Print) they are reporting that the Patriots approached the Washington Redskins for a trade involving backup QB Todd Collins.

Rumors are swirling from anywhere between a 3rd -- and -- 4th plus an O-Lineman.
This is my big fear, trading an a quantity of value for someone like Huard or Collins.

I can't see Washington leaving their backup QB is such bad hands as Chase Daniels and Colt Brennan unless someone really overpays for Collins.

People are giving up on Walter way too fast... I think he has major upside... Huard would be good insurance and a sounding board for Brady.. Would like to stay status quo, wont mind Huard as a number 3... I think we should worry more about Lb and secondary players

I agree...I think Walter could have a similar career to Jim Plunkett. Plunkett almost retired after spending the early part of his career with a bad team (patriots), but once he was handed the reigns of a good team (raiders) the guy won two superbowls. This might be wishful thinking, but you can't judge a player simply by the overall performance of his team.

Nope. His salary is $1.9M which beyond any trade price (he is your #2 lock) is about double what BB is going to pay any backup. And his dead cap acceleration if traded would be $2.5M. Teams pay packups 3/$9M deals in their late 30's because they don't believe they have a franchise starter on the roster. I think perhaps the DC media and fanbase is wanting to advance the young guns on the roster even if they aren't any good so this is wishful thinking.

Nope. His salary is $1.9M which beyond any trade price (he is your #2 lock) is about double what BB is going to pay any backup. And his dead cap acceleration if traded would be $2.5M. Teams pay packups 3/$9M deals in their late 30's because they don't believe they have a franchise starter on the roster. I think perhaps the DC media and fanbase is wanting to advance the young guns on the roster even if they aren't any good so this is wishful thinking.

Equally importantly, (A) the Patriots don't have a third, and (B) if they trade a fourth, they would have no picks from the end of round 2 to the end of round 6.

Hey Folks I am new...

Are you hearing that in the press in Boston?

And the short answer is, no, nobody's reporting that up here. [Although I'll e-mail Reiss and see if maybe he's heard anything about it.]

He was playing for vet minimum when he was here and the Pats let him go. If the Pats are so high on him, why didn't they keep him?

You're assuming the Patriots let him go. He may have decided to try and find a place where he could be a starter. Also, the Patriots tried to force feed Rohan Davey the #2 position and that failed miserably.

Personally, I liked the guy and was sorry to see him go. I'd be happy if they signed him. But it isn't what I like, it is what BB likes, and he gave us a clue when he let Huard walk.

Again, you don't know that he "LET" Huard walk. Huard could have walked of his own volition.

Who said he wasn't good enough to stick with the Chiefs?

Huard would be brought in to be the #3 behind Walter. To allow Hoyer time on the Practice Squad.

Scott Pioli... A guy you would think would value a veteran presence with NEP knowledge on his roster...

And fyi he left over money. He went to KC having no shot behind Trent Green at the time but he got $1.5M per which was more than double what BB was willing to pay him for playing Manning on scout team.

Sign him for the week 10 game against the Colts, he does a wicked Peyton Manning impersonation in practice...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back