PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

49ers give Frank Gore new 5-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely. He is a beast.

Incredibly smart move by the niners, and excellent use of their cap room. Hopefully the Pats will do something similar with Warren and Wilfork. Especially if they gain extra room by locking up Samuel long term...

This guys was one of the highest ranked runners out of high school. I think he tore his ACL, missed a season, came back the next year, played 3 games, and tore his other ACL. If it weren't for those injuries, he would have seen this money coming out of The U as a top pick. Good work on his part to prove his worth and land the big deal.

It depends on how the money is spread round.
He's been great but unless Smith matures soon Gore will get beat down to nothing.
Not for nothing but Norv Turner has made careers of RB'S.

I had to crack up a bit when reading "smart move". Kinda ironic that he scored something like a 5 on the Wonderlic.

I had to crack up a bit when reading "smart move". Kinda ironic that he scored something like a 5 on the Wonderlic.

If he scored 5 on the wonderlic,
Smart move on his part going into pro football vs lets say N.A.S.A.
I don't want to know about his choice of underwear/diapers :rolleyes:

If Frank gets 1,400 or 1,500 this upcoming year don't be surprised...He is the next RB superstar to come out of nowhere and will help put the 49ers back to the top of the NFC within the next 2/3 years IMO.

It depends on how the money is spread round.
He's been great but unless Smith matures soon Gore will get beat down to nothing.
Not for nothing but Norv Turner has made careers of RB'S.
Alex Smith was maybe the most improved NFL QB in 2006 (P. Rivers). Of course, he was coming off a really bad rookie year, but the Niners were also really bad that year. In SF, they see him as a solid QB, maybe not another Joe or Steve, but pretty damn good.

If Frank gets 1,400 or 1,500 this upcoming year don't be surprised...He is the next RB superstar to come out of nowhere and will help put the 49ers back to the top of the NFC within the next 2/3 years IMO.

Well, considering the fact he ran for 1700 yards in 2006 I don't think 1400 or 1500 in 2007 would be too much of a surprise to anyone.

1700 yards in a season also officially means he isn't 'coming out of nowhere'.

One other thing, a top drawer RB has never guaranteed success for his team.

Last edited:

But he really didn't come out of nowhere.
He was slated to be the starter ahead of McGahee at Miami until he suffered a big injury.

That indicates big time talent to me if he was that highly regarded by his coaches.
He is one of those talented guys that dropped due to injury history. And because McGahee swallowed up all the hype, Gore was kind of left in the background. But he was always talented. The question was, could he stand up to a full season of the NFL considering his past injury history.

Here is an informative look at Gore's history on wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Gore

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes