PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

49ers/Cowboys 81 NFC Championship Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

everlong

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I was watching the game on NFL Network's greatest games broadcast. Well worth checking out. Everybody remembers Montana to Clark to make it 28-27 Niners. There was actually fifty plus seconds left on the clock.

So Danny White hits one pass for an out pass.

Next pass he hits Pierson around midfield and Hicks and Lott hit each other more than him and he gets free. Eric Hicks makes a great tackle but one that would have received a 15 yard flag in today's game for a horse collar. He literally got him by his finger tips. The 15 yard penalty would have give the Cowboys the ball down around the 35 yard line. They had two time outs left and they could have thrown a short pass or even run then kicked a game winning FG.

Next pass White drops back and as he's going to release the ball and decides to bring it back in but it gets jarred out before he can and the Niners recover. BUT if that happened now it would have been correctly called Cowboys ball because of the tuck rule.

I hated the Cowboys and loved the Niners so no complaints but I found it interesting that this game would have been played out much differently.

The Cowboys got their revenge in the 1992 NFC Championship game, what goes around comes around..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes