PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

49ers' Aldon Smith arrested on suspicion of DUI

When one is against league rules and the other isn't, Yes it is. :bricks:

Well, being drunk isn't against the rules, but DUI is.

Well, being drunk isn't against the rules, but DUI is.

thats true.

Look towards josh gordons recent issues with pot, 2 game suspension, 2 additional game checks.

Aldon smith is on his second dui and possession of a substance banned by the league. the two dui's put him at stage two, possession of an banned substance ups that to stage 3 i would think.

"Can't. Find. Re-VERSE!"

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing 36s
RT @mattbarrows: Neighbor: Aldon Smith's foot on the accelerator of SUV, which was against tree, when police arrived. Caused tires to smoke.

Maybe I am a little nieve as I dont drink much but how much would you have to drink to wake up the next morning drunk? And does this really make it more excuseable or actually make it worse. Sure you can sort of understand where someone would think they are fine to drive after a nights sleep but then you have to wonder why the hell that much booze was consumed and is this not a bigger probelm than stupidly getting behind the wheel too soon when you had 2 or 3 drinks.

I guess even I have had a night or two in my life where I suppose I could have still been over the legal limits the following morning but it was probably following the Red Sox winning the title in 04 or the first time I ever had hard booze as a teenager. But not a random Thursday night.

It's happened to me a few times with 8-10ish drinks at ~130 lbs but it must take a lot for a guy like Aldon Smith...

It's happened to me a few times with 8-10ish drinks at ~130 lbs but it must take a lot for a guy like Aldon Smith...

Eh, you'd be surprised. He's a professional athlete. His diet is different from the normal person's and, because of his job, he probably doesn't drink all that often.

OT: 49ers' Aldon Smith arrested on suspicion of DUI

"Can't. Find. Re-VERSE!"

RT @mattbarrows: Neighbor: Aldon Smith's foot on the accelerator of SUV, which was against tree, when police arrived. Caused tires to smoke.

That's funny!!!

wonder what kind of "pills" they were

Maybe I am a little nieve as I dont drink much but how much would you have to drink to wake up the next morning drunk? And does this really make it more excuseable or actually make it worse. Sure you can sort of understand where someone would think they are fine to drive after a nights sleep but then you have to wonder why the hell that much booze was consumed and is this not a bigger probelm than stupidly getting behind the wheel too soon when you had 2 or 3 drinks.

I guess even I have had a night or two in my life where I suppose I could have still been over the legal limits the following morning but it was probably following the Red Sox winning the title in 04 or the first time I ever had hard booze as a teenager. But not a random Thursday night.

Doesn't take a ton. Admittedly, I'm a fairly heavy drinker, but it only takes 7 or so drinks for me to still feel it the next morning.

"Can't. Find. Re-VERSE!"

Yikes, that's a whole other level of drunk. So much for my theory, the dude was just wasted. Sounds like he's really lucky nobody was injured.

Eh, you'd be surprised. He's a professional athlete. His diet is different from the normal person's and, because of his job, he probably doesn't drink all that often.

Especially when he prolly popped a few oxy's...:rolleyes:

Especially when he prolly popped a few oxy's or some other narcotics on top of drinking...:rolleyes:

Sure, it feels good, but, the motor skills slow down a lot!

Especially when he prolly popped a few oxy's or some other narcotics on top of drinking...:rolleyes:

Sure, it feels good, but, the motor skills slow down a lot!

Yeah, not only did he possess weed this morning, but he also had pills on him too. Apparently these guys know when the drug tests are coming, since they only have them a handful of times per year. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but according to the PFT article about Ricky Williams' drug use, the testing date for marijuana comes just once per year during April.

After that, the players supposedly know that they are fine until next spring, unless of course they are already in the substance abuse program which gives them extra tests.

Either way, Smith had 2 different kinds of drugs this morning so he obviously wasn't holding them for a friend. If he had the drugs in his possession then he most likely intended on using them, or does indeed use them at times. On top of that he blew a .15, which is just about double the legal limit for DUI.

It really is a shame and a double standard that the 49'ers aren't even going to sit him down for one lousy game due to the circumstances. They could certainly get by this week without the services of Aldon Smith, and their refusal to take any action whatsoever is disgusting. Now, had it been a "normal" DUI offense then I wouldn't suggest sitting him for a game by any means, but since there were also 2 different kinds of drugs in his possession, it seems like they are turning their heads and looking the other way.

Did Kevin Faulk have any "priors" when he got one game for having that joint found on him at the concert?

Did Kevin Faulk have any "priors" when he got one game for having that joint found on him at the concert?

I don't believe that he did, no.

For what it's worth, Faulk was caught with four joints in his possession, which he had pre-rolled for the Lil' Wayne concert. He was arrested and charged for misdemeanor marijuana possession.

One thing that may come into play is whether or not Aldon Smith was actually charged with marijuana possession (or possession of a controlled substance without a valid prescription for the pills) or not. In the land of "fruits and nuts" out in California as Archie Bunker used to say, they tend to do things a little differently, so they may choose to turn their heads in another direction.

If he wasn't/isn't arrested or charged by the police for any drugs, then it may not be as big of a deal.

OK so I guess I am not that nieve as that is very excessive and you are saying would be a best case scenario. So what is more likely especially given an athletes size and metabolism is that he either had way more than 15 drinks or was drinking well past 2 am.

You wear off a drink an hour. One drink is roughly .02 meaning .15 would be 7 or 8. If he started drinking at 10pm (assuming consistently timed out drinks) and was .15 at 7 am he would have had approximately 17 drinks over a 9 hour period. Whether or not you sleep is irrelevant.
When shots are involved this is very easy to do.

Probably trying to drink away the memories of the thrashing they took on Sunday.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back