Welcome to PatsFans.com

47% Hyperbole = 1% Truth

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +490 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  2. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +88 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

So the reality seemingly is we have roughly 3M scabs here.

Not sure you will ever get them "into the fold".

That being said, all I come back to is tax reform.

Still a silly statement by Mittens.
  3. Charlotte Pats Fan

Charlotte Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +81 / 1 / -3

No Jersey Selected

4. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -9

#87 Jersey

This the problem. 100% of who you described above is is part of the 47% that is not going to vote for him.
    The bottom line is only 50% actually pay income tax.Payroll tax that is paid is returned so they pay no income tax.

Its just like unions they eventually eat themselves after devouring the host. Thats what Mitt meant.

If Obama gets another term watch in his 3rd and 4th years he goes after private pensions and retirments and 401ks. Its already out there. The process of eating ourselves will have begun.
  5. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

LOL I love this bull******. They pay payroll taxes but have zero tax liability. The system is unsustainable. Yes, they work. Yes, they have taxes taken out. Yes, at the end of the year they get a big fat tax return. They're used to this cycle. What if the system can't afford to send them the big fat tax return? Many let the bills pile up until they can pay 'em off in a chunk. How many are responsible for the mortgage crisis because they got subprime rates?
  6. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +322 / 4 / -9

LOL.......ummmmmmm.....yeeeaaahhhhh......that chart is accurate because someone made it

[​IMG]
  7. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +392 / 6 / -9

Who Are the 47%?

Of course, they're mainly the elderly and the working poor.

However, you could make the argument that angrily unloading on the 47% as "victims" is likely to screw up your numbers in states that are 47%-heavy.

The 47%: Who They Are, Where They Live, How They Vote, and Why They Matter - Derek Thompson - The Atlantic

Never fear. They're all in math-challenged (i.e., Repubican) states anyway.

A recent poll said that something like 67% of people didn't think they were in the 47% Rmoney was talking about.

This is the crux of why there is still a Republican Party: "They don't mean me. They'll do it to someone else."

PFnV
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  8. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: Who Are the 47%?

Mod Edit - Topic merged.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2012
  9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -13

Historically pre 2000's, we've had somewhere around 25% of Americans on gov't assistance.

So we are left with 2 important questions;

1. How did it almost double in 10 years?

2. Is 47% on gov't assistance sustainable?

In a related topic, we SHOULD have billions in excess social security funds for baby-boomers to tap into.

We've had about 40+ years of baby-boomers contributing into social security to fund their parents' generation which is less than half the size of the BB generation. But instead of banking the excess reserves, the criminals in our gov't felt it was ok to SPEND it all.

What I truly disdain are gov't representative who constanty create NEW assistance programs when we/they all know the till has been running dry for decades.

If we are going to start any NEW gov't programs, how about creating one that investigates qualifications for soc sec disability? Might have some huge payoffs!
  10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

It is interesting where the largest concentrations are..

Perhaps we should secede from the burdensome south????
  11. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Mod Edit - Topic merged.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2012
  12. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -13

Bottom-line is that we can not have 53% supporting 47%.
  13. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Why do the 47% always have to fight the wars of the 53%?

Why do the 47% always have to suffer for the mistakes(market crashes) of the 53%

Why do the 47% pay into SS but just to have it stolen to balance the budget and fight wars and tax breaks for the rich? In turn making SS just like an income tax.

Why do the mega rich like Mitt pay 14% tax rate while me and my wife pay around 30% rate?

53% do not support the rest of us, we work we pay taxes we fight the wars, we cook the food, we teach the children, we were the ones that built this country, show some god damn respect for your fellow man!!!

This is not a war on poor people, this is not a war on rich people, this is a war on having a level playing field and people paying into the system their fair share, not trying to cheat the system.

100% of people are on the government titty and don't fool yourself, everyone takes deductions, everyone takes tax credits, everyone takes a subsidy, everyone takes funds when there is a flood or a disaster. Everyone takes some from of gov asst, everyone....Mitt ******* Romney took a bailout for Bane for god sakes.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  14. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -1

Tax reform would be nice, but for those that think there is a possibility of ever seeing a flat tax... It just won't happen. The people that make the rules are the people that benefit from the incredible complex tax code. It has to stay that way for them to continue to abuse the system.

And, people that think Romney is evil for having more money in his retirement account than he should or for not paying enough in taxes, they might want to look at all the people in power because they all do it.
  15. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Bwahahaha leave it to a liberal to simultaneously complain that we have to reduce the size and scope of the defense budget then come back and blame the other guy about how we need to have more of them!

FYI you don't pay 30%. Nobody does.
  16. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +490 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

They do if you use Mitt Romney logic:

From the PriceWaterhouse summary letter:

Letter from PricewaterhouseCoopers | Mitt Romney for President

Apparently we can all now add the federal and state taxes we owe to our deductions and come up with whatever high figure we want.
  17. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Tax bracket - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sry its closer to 25%, now that we have kids its going to be a bit lower and are married now as well. Point being its still a higher rate, don't try and change that fact...

I never said we need to add more military, I was just pointing out that they DO fight our wars, not that we need more military spending......How you got that I don't know....:confused:
  18. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +88 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Did you get married in the last year Happy? (If so congrats).

I got married in May 11' so our last return was the first return ive done as a married couple.

Our effective rate was 10%, so I would envision your's coming down quite a bit, plus with your kids, that will lower it even more.

25% seems high. Is that state and fed or just fed?

You don't have to answer if you don't want, after all this is your business and not anyone else's.

D

EDIT - I should note that based on the numbers in your link, my Household Income would fall into the 25% rate, but we paid nowhere near that. And the only write off was the interest on my wife's student loans.
  19. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

-sigh- are you just being disagreeable to be disagreeable? What's your point, if there is one?
  20. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +490 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

I'm more interested in why PriceWaterhouse and Mitt Romney feel the need to add his charitable deductions to his income tax figures all the time.

Anne has made mention of it several times, too.

What's up with that? Does anyone else you know do that?

I've never heard Obama say, "Let's see, I paid $162,074.00 in 2011...and I gave $172,110.00 to charity - so I really paid $334,184.00 in taxes," have you?