PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

#45 - Mills (Yes, I am this bored)

Status
Not open for further replies.

14thDragon

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Given it is the offseason, and I was bored enough to read the NFL.com article where it listed out the numbers available for each position. Tight Ends are supposed to be between 80-89, and then I went and saw Mills has 45. This is depiste the open spots between 80-89 for his number to have been drawn from. Is this some grand nose thumbing of the rules by the FO or the first indication he is not going to be your typical TE?

Also, if you check the roster on the Patriots Website, apperently we have two guys with the number 19. Spooky.

Sorry, it is the offest part of the offseason.

14thDragon said:
Given it is the offseason, and I was bored enough to read the NFL.com article where it listed out the numbers available for each position. Tight Ends are supposed to be between 80-89, and then I went and saw Mills has 45. This is depiste the open spots between 80-89 for his number to have been drawn from. Is this some grand nose thumbing of the rules by the FO or the first indication he is not going to be your typical TE?

Also, if you check the roster on the Patriots Website, apperently we have two guys with the number 19. Spooky.

Sorry, it is the offest part of the offseason.

There are plenty of TE's who wear numbers in the 40s and the NFL usually doesn't do much about it. It probably came along with the WRs being allowed to wear 10-19 even when the 80s were used.

But, Mills will be an H-Back in the Pats' system. Since he'll probably be used more at the FB position, he's #45.

dallsa clark wears 44. But if it helps after the Pats drafted Mills they released a statement how they feel Mills can be the same player in the mold of Larry Centers. He's a pass catching fullback.

14thDragon said:
I'd bet a day old donut (high stakes for me) that one is on offense and one defense... :p

There are multiple numbers that are assigned to two players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye