Welcome to PatsFans.com

#45 - Mills (Yes, I am this bored)

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by 14thDragon, May 17, 2006.

1. 14thDragon

14thDragon Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Given it is the offseason, and I was bored enough to read the NFL.com article where it listed out the numbers available for each position. Tight Ends are supposed to be between 80-89, and then I went and saw Mills has 45. This is depiste the open spots between 80-89 for his number to have been drawn from. Is this some grand nose thumbing of the rules by the FO or the first indication he is not going to be your typical TE?

Also, if you check the roster on the Patriots Website, apperently we have two guys with the number 19. Spooky.

Sorry, it is the offest part of the offseason.

2. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

There are plenty of TE's who wear numbers in the 40s and the NFL usually doesn't do much about it. It probably came along with the WRs being allowed to wear 10-19 even when the 80s were used.

But, Mills will be an H-Back in the Pats' system. Since he'll probably be used more at the FB position, he's #45.

3. R_T26

R_T26 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

dallsa clark wears 44. But if it helps after the Pats drafted Mills they released a statement how they feel Mills can be the same player in the mold of Larry Centers. He's a pass catching fullback.

4. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

I'd bet a day old donut (high stakes for me) that one is on offense and one defense... :p

5. zippo59

zippo59 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

There are multiple numbers that are assigned to two players.