• Both

Votes: 27 25.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 18 17.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
16 of 27 for 145 yards and 1 TD.....That is Brady's stat line for SB XXXVI.......

I couldn't care less about another meaningless record....to be honest, I hope the Pats run for 200+, Brady throws for 200 yds and they control the clock....

True but for me Brady is 34, the next guy I might not love as much, give me 400+ in a blowout, as long as he stays healthy let him air it out.

Bills win this Sunday - bank on it.

While I truly admire your devotion to the team that you root for, I don't believe that I will be hiring you as my financial advisor any time soon.

I hope the TFB throws for 560 against the Jesters!

Teams will slow down the passing frenzy once the bad weather sets in

Brady loves to throw in the snow so I am not sure what will transpire when it comes down to cold or bad weather situations.

As someone on NFLN pointed out, offenses have the advantage in the snow, AND it's harder to run block (i.e., push forward) than to pass block (hold your ground), which is why passing in the snow is often easier than rushing.

I'm not negative about it, I simply don't care. Yeah, sure, records are cool, especially to fans, I get that. But after we were spoiled by the early decade there isn't a single record I could care about, apart from maybe being the first team to win 3 super bowls in a row. If Brady breaks every passing record in existance on his way to doing so, great, I'll cheer for every damn one of them, but if he doesn't break another one in his career, oh well. Win us another Super Bowl. That's all I want from this team at this point, they've done everything there is to do, we've seen top defenses, historic offenses, historic turnover differentials, record winning streaks, remarkable come backs, unthinkable blow-outs, should I go on?

Like I said, I think records are cool and all, but even as a fan I don't care about them right now. Brady can throw forr 150 yards for the rest of the season as long as we win it all.

edit: And I don't think Brady can't put up 400 against the Bills, I'm just saying that I don't think he will. We've annhiliated them on the ground recently and the running game is always put on display in Buffalo due to the high winds in that stadium. I just see no evidence that will change this year, regardless of how many passing yards Oakland put up on them. Their whole defense is a weakness, not just the passing D. I do think that if they get a lead on us early Brady may make history, however, if we score on our opening posession and hold them to 3 or less early then we'll see our first 100 yard rusher of the season.

In retrospect, all the little things and the moments are more important to me than winning the Super Bowls (granted, winning the Super Bowl is the biggest 'moment'). But all the other little moments add up to more than a SB win for me. Looking back on it, 2007 is probably the most memorable for me, outside of 2001. I got the more enjoyment out of that season, as a whole, than pretty much any other season.

I'm not a football player, the goal of my profession isn't to win a Super Bowl. My 'goal', or I should say 'wish', as a fan is to have memories that I can look back on. All-time great play is just as memorable as winning Super Bowls IMO.

In retrospect, all the little things and the moments are more important to me than winning the Super Bowls (granted, winning the Super Bowl is the biggest 'moment'). But all the other little moments add up to more than a SB win for me. Looking back on it, 2007 is probably the most memorable for me, outside of 2001. I got the more enjoyment out of that season, as a whole, than pretty much any other season.

I'm not a football player, the goal of my profession isn't to win a Super Bowl. My 'goal', or I should say 'wish', as a fan is to have memories that I can look back on. All-time great play is just as memorable as winning Super Bowls IMO.

This difference is what makes individuals unique. I was never a fan of Colts-style record book football. Loved the old SB Pats regular season games where the Pats would hold down the opposition enough to outscore them in the 4th QTR. That to me is an exciting football game. If I want points and flashy individual shows, I watch the NBA.

I hated the 2007 season made even worse how it ended. Regular season to me was like a slow motion train wreck as I saw the elite DCs (Ravens, Giants) figure out how to contain Moss and then control Welker across the middle. Then more of the same in the SB.

Last edited:
this ends on sunday.

brady will get his. doubtless. :D

2007 was fun, and overall a great NFL season. As a fan of the Patriots however, I have to strongly disagree with you. No season in the history of the NFL had a more disappointing ending than 2007 and you will be hard-pressed to find a fan of the team disagree with me on that.

Bills win this Sunday - bank on it.

This is the wrong thread for such bravado. Try posting your bold prediction on the new thread about the pre-game press coverage in Buffalo.

Good luck.

Brady will do it

I voted neither, but w/ all the injuries piling up it woild behoove us to keep playing no huddle and march down the field

This game will be another shootout. I don't want to kill a lot of clock w/ failed runs unless if it is to milk the final bits of the half and the game clock out

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes